Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2018, 12:41   #1891
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tools for a DIYer

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Anyone's purchased stuff from Industry Buying?

Are they delivering orders? Can't find their App on Play Store too.
I have bought twice. I'd avoid them unless necessary.

Shipping time is long!

They take orders and then pass on to the vendor who would confirm if the product is available or not.

EG: once i bought a 300kg capacity trolley because i was getting it cheaper by Rs.500 on IB than on amazon.

After 10 days of payment and no info from them, i did an online chat and the person on the chat told me that they don't know when the product will be available and they themselves went and cancelled the order and refunded the money.

Similar experiences have happened with friends as well.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th July 2018, 21:35   #1892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4319972 (Tools for a DIYer)

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2018, 13:37   #1893
BHPian

Quote:
Are they delivering orders? Can't find their App on Play Store too.
Delivery could take ages. I had ordered a 4Sq.mm cable and the item was not shipped even after a month. Infact I had forgotten about the order and it was after a month I checked the status which showed as "Preparing for shipping". Canceled the order and received the refund.

Also their customer service is pathetic and has no information about the delivery/refunds/replacements. For every issue, their only answer is they will check and get back. There was an offer going on for tools and I received a damaged piece. I kept asking their customer care atleast 10 times whether it is going to be a replacement or refund. They had no clue and kept on giving the same reply that they will get back to me once they have the information. I wanted to order a replacement piece before the offer runs out in case they are issuing a refund instead of replacement. After 10 days, they issued a refund and the offer was gone too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I have purchased from Industry buying earlier, but they supply only to registered business ( GST regn required). Individuals cannot buy from they as they are a business to business portal.
I have ordered without GST. There were no issues until a month ago. Is it a new policy?
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2018, 13:51   #1894
Distinguished - BHPian

Industry buying is hopeless with their return policy. I would not recommend them for high value orders or the orders what might need replacement. Amazon has really good sellers for power tools and cordless systems. I would stick to them even if they are a few hundreds more than placing and order on IB and waiting for eternity to get it
Old 25th July 2018, 14:16   #1895
BHPian

I want to buy a simple block plane. I had ordered this (http://amzn.in/3dzwDoZ) item from amazon, but turned out to be useless. Any recommendations? Or should I just go to a local shop and buy it from there?
Old 25th July 2018, 14:41   #1896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I want to buy a simple block plane. I had ordered this (http://amzn.in/3dzwDoZ) item from amazon, but turned out to be useless. Any recommendations? Or should I just go to a local shop and buy it from there?
Why did it turn out to be useless?
Did you try sharpening the blade, adjusting the frog, or if the plane is not flat, tried sanding it down?
Old 25th July 2018, 14:55   #1897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Why did it turn out to be useless?
Did you try sharpening the blade, adjusting the frog, or if the plane is not flat, tried sanding it down?
Sorry, I should have explained in my previous message itself on why i felt it was useless.
Okay, this is what happened with that item. First of all, it was very small and light weight so I had to put lot of effort to use it. And the blade was getting lose and was leaning at an angle, even after tightening couple of times. Overall, I felt the quality of the product was not good and returned it immediately.
Old 25th July 2018, 15:01   #1898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I should have explained in my previous message itself on why i felt it was useless.
Okay, this is what happened with that item. First of all, it was very small and light weight so I had to put lot of effort to use it. And the blade was getting lose and was leaning at an angle, even after tightening couple of times. Overall, I felt the quality of the product was not good and returned it immediately.
If you want great quality made in India planes, try SOBA planes. They are now available in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/Hand-Planes-Ac...%2Cp_89%3ASOBA
Old 25th July 2018, 15:23   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
If you want great quality made in India planes, try SOBA planes. They are now available in Amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/Hand-Planes-Ac...%2Cp_89%3ASOBA
Thanks for your suggestion. I see that these items are 'not prime' and I don't buy anything from Amazon which is 'not prime'. So, any other alternatives?
Old 25th July 2018, 16:42   #1900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestion. I see that these items are 'not prime' and I don't buy anything from Amazon which is 'not prime'. So, any other alternatives?
I won't insist, but sobha industries are pretty dependable and they themselves are the sellers.
I have previously brought from them by directly writing email to them and paying in advance via NEFT, when they were not available via online channels.
Old 25th July 2018, 16:56   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
I won't insist, but sobha industries are pretty dependable and they themselves are the sellers.
I have previously brought from them by directly writing email to them and paying in advance via NEFT, when they were not available via online channels.
okay, if nothing works out, then i will definitely give a try. Thanks again for your valuable suggestion.
Old 29th July 2018, 13:13   #1902
Distinguished - BHPian

Gentlemen, Indian bottled LPG is butane, right?

How easy is it to get a small bottle of propane and how much world it cost?
Old 29th July 2018, 13:44   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Gentlemen, Indian bottled LPG is butane, right?

How easy is it to get a small bottle of propane and how much world it cost?
From the site of Indian Oil -
Quote:
Propane
Propane is a high vapor pressure highly combustible gas, which is primarily a hydrocarbon.
The chemical formula of propane is C3 H 8. Propane owing to its high vapor pressure and a very low freezing temperature is the most preferred fuel in European countries.
Indian industries have also started recognizing the unique features and benefits of using pure grade propane instead of LPG for their combustion processes.

Butane
Butane is a low vapor pressure highly combustible gas, which is primarily a hydrocarbon.
The chemical formula of butane is C4 H 1 0. . Butane owing to its low vapor pressure is the most preferred for low-pressure applications like aerosol propellant, polyethylene polymerization, solvent polyethylene forming agent-forming agent for making Styrofoam, gas lighters etc.

LPG
Liquefied Petroleum Gas ( LPG) is a mixture of propane and butane in varying percentages . Propane and Butane are basically alkanes owing to which they do not react with each other chemically to from a third compound but co exist together as a finely distributed mixture with each having its own distinct properties.

Indian standards have a maximum permissible percentage of propane as 50 % . As the characteristics of any good grade LPG depends upon the percentages of Propane and Butane present in the mixture so care should be taken to ensure that the LPG being used has higher percentage of Propane and is totally free from unsaturates
Propane gas suppliers in Chennai - https://m.indiamart.com/chennai/propane-gas.html

Last edited by rdst_1 : 29th July 2018 at 13:45.
rdst_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 22:55   #1904
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks. Was thinking of buying a propane-only torch. Probably won't this time.
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:39   #1905
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally got this 3M silicone paste from overseas. My DIY speciality lube kit, including a food safe silicone grease for the refrigerator, is now complete for all automobile and home use purposes. But I've also got my eyes on the Permatex 80653 silicone grease. We DIYers can never get enough tools and lubes.

The silicone paste works as a dielectric grease, plastic lube, caliper pin lube plus several other purposes. Probably has as many uses as 3M's famous Scotch tape.

It is quite amazing that 3M India doesn't sell this here. They say it has not been introduced in this this country.

R2D2 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks