Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 16:34   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
B&D for this price is a good deal.
Can it be used for cleaning the exterior walls of buildings?
I have seen painters using bigger versions of high pressure washers for removing the fungii scales before painting.
Ha Ha Now a days its become very cheap to hire a pressure wash for 200/- day and save a min of 3-4 persons for the cleaning before the painting. I use it to remove some tough stains of oil drops in porch and fungal treats can be shaved off leaving clear and neat surface behind.

This is just an entry model and not for continuous use AFAIK, so limiting to car wash and similar activities for time being. I would hire another one for cleaning of walls painting as its a time consuming one and it will give me more peace of mind.

How much will be the damage if I go for a 3 tone hydraulic jack?

Last edited by sajjt : 13th July 2010 at 16:36.
Old 13th July 2010, 22:58   #182
Senior - BHPian

i have a very bad experience with Black and decker. I had a drill. I can say they are not well build. maybe i got a bad piece but my bosch and skill never failed on the same job how ever rough i use them.

i was thinking of buying a desi easy to maintain power wash.

http://www.highpressurepumps.in/car-washer.html

Check the Model PS16set

Last edited by SirAlec : 13th July 2010 at 23:00.
Old 14th July 2010, 09:18   #183
BHPian

B&D are now manufacturing tools in colaboration with Bajaj in Pune India. There quality has gone down. You cannot compare B&D three years back and now. So, I prefer bosch/ dewault tools.
Old 14th July 2010, 10:10   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
i have a very bad experience with Black and decker. I had a drill. I can say they are not well build. maybe i got a bad piece but my bosch and skill never failed on the same job how ever rough i use them.

i was thinking of buying a desi easy to maintain power wash.

Car Washer,High Pressure Washer,Industrial High Pressure Washer,High Pressure Washer India

Check the Model PS16set
What is the price range for the entry level 60bar car wash? Its for industrial purpose and must be costly too. For our domestic needs I dont think that money wont be worth. B&D starts from 100bars and its very compact to keep it home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
B&D are now manufacturing tools in colaboration with Bajaj in Pune India. There quality has gone down. You cannot compare B&D three years back and now. So, I prefer bosch/ dewault tools.
Mine is an imported one don't remember from where, shall check and confirm. If they've started here they wont allow to import through any dealer AFAIK.
Old 14th July 2010, 10:14   #185
BANNED

I have a Karcher 80 bar unit which I bought in the UK in 1990. Still going strong. Make sure you change the oil once every 5 years or so (they advise annually).
Old 14th July 2010, 10:44   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I have a Karcher 80 bar unit which I bought in the UK in 1990. Still going strong. Make sure you change the oil once every 5 years or so (they advise annually).
Sir, are you talking about the B&D? It says absolutely maintenance free
Old 14th July 2010, 11:54   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Sir, are you talking about the B&D? It says absolutely maintenance free
Karcher is a different brand. Website: Official Website for KÄRCHER® Residential Pressure Washers, Vacuums and Sweepers in the USA and Canada
Even the portable ones from Karcher are maintenence free.

Quote:
Ha Ha Now a days its become very cheap to hire a pressure wash for 200/- day and save a min of 3-4 persons for the cleaning before the painting. I use it to remove some tough stains of oil drops in porch and fungal treats can be shaved off leaving clear and neat surface behind.
This is just an entry model and not for continuous use AFAIK, so limiting to car wash and similar activities for time being. I would hire another one for cleaning of walls painting as its a time consuming one and it will give me more peace of mind.
How much will be the damage if I go for a 3 tone hydraulic jack?
Thanks for the info.
BTW, 2 Ton hyd jacks are available from Rs. 600/- onwards.(rediff/ebay/indiatimes)
16 ton heavy duty ~ Rs. 2500/- onwards.
For using in cars, I suggest you to go for the hydraulic crocodile jack. It will be easier to use compared to the bottle jack.
I am having a 2 ton bottle jack, which I bought for using with my earlier car. When I sold the car, I just kept the jack with me. But yet to use it afterwards because the screw jack came with the Chevy Beat is good enough for me. So the jack is occupying my shelf space in my house for few months and my wife is asking me - "Why did you purchased it? You could have bought something else for this money!"
Old 14th July 2010, 12:02   #188
BANNED

Any sources for a set of Jumper Cables. With both ATs I will need them at some point. I will prefer copper wire rather than aluminium.
Old 14th July 2010, 12:34   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salbin View Post
Karcher is a different brand. Website: Official Website for KÄRCHER® Residential Pressure Washers, Vacuums and Sweepers in the USA and Canada
Even the portable ones from Karcher are maintenence free.

Thanks for the info.
BTW, 2 Ton hyd jacks are available from Rs. 600/- onwards.(rediff/ebay/indiatimes)
16 ton heavy duty ~ Rs. 2500/- onwards.
For using in cars, I suggest you to go for the hydraulic crocodile jack. It will be easier to use compared to the bottle jack.
I am having a 2 ton bottle jack, which I bought for using with my earlier car. When I sold the car, I just kept the jack with me. But yet to use it afterwards because the screw jack came with the Chevy Beat is good enough for me. So the jack is occupying my shelf space in my house for few months and my wife is asking me - "Why did you purchased it? You could have bought something else for this money!"
Thanks Salbin for the info, your field of activity helps well for helpdesk

I was referring to the hydraulic jacks which is crocodoil types. One screw/bottle type (is that its name? I didnt know that) is lying with me too other than the Car jack. But a hydraulic jack with a handle to pump, yes, Croc type (term is new for me Thanks) is more convenient in using hence looking for one. How much for that? Small one for DIY works/washing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Any sources for a set of Jumper Cables. With both ATs I will need them at some point. I will prefer copper wire rather than aluminium.
I made one 2 years back once my Zen's batt went flat due to the cabin light was on. I used 4SQmm industrial cable which was lying idle after house electrification, with 2 pair of good croc clips, and its been used by my friends some of the times. But yet to find out who sneaked it last time.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:16   #190
BHPian

Quote:
I was referring to the hydraulic jacks which is crocodoil types. One screw/bottle type (is that its name? I didnt know that) is lying with me too other than the Car jack. But a hydraulic jack with a handle to pump, yes, Croc type (term is new for me Thanks) is more convenient in using hence looking for one. How much for that? Small one for DIY works/washing.
The name Crocodile Jack came because if you look from the side while using, it will look like a crocodile opening its mouth.

There is already a thread on hydraulic jacks:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...c-jacks-2.html
I think the Rs.1150 one with carry case will suit your small DIY requirements.
Old 14th July 2010, 14:34   #191
BANNED

I used to have a hydraulic bottle type jack at one time. Worked very nicely, until one day, all of sudden I found that the oil had leaked, and it was no longer functional. had to borrow a scissor jack from a friend. Gave up on hydraulics that day. What is more advisable could be a bag type exhaust powered jacks. Put it under the car, start the engine and the exhaust fills it up. Also, there are battery powered scissors/ ad maybe pneumatic jacks?
Old 14th July 2010, 16:08   #192
BHPian

Has anyone used this type of 12V electric scissor jack?
eBay India: 12 VOLT CAR ELECTRIC JACK & WRENCH FOR OUR CAR LOVERS (item 170512045038 end time 10-Aug-2010 18:07:48 IST)
Old 14th July 2010, 16:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
Read somewhere that Skil bought out Bosch power tools, true? Skil is VFM for a hobbyist.
I know that Bosch owns Dremel.
Old 14th July 2010, 18:15   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Read somewhere that Skil bought out Bosch power tools, true? Skil is VFM for a hobbyist.
I know that Bosch owns Dremel.
I guess Bosch owns Skil also .
India site of Skil has Bosch office as it's contact - SKIL Power Tools | Contact SKIL India
Old 14th July 2010, 20:42   #195
Senior - BHPian

Tools for a DIYer-s1.jpg
I used to always wonder why there're different finishing in the wrenches. Is it only the quality? If that is the case, then why do even manufacturer such as Craftsman make different finishing? Can anyone help understand pls?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks