Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2023, 20:22   #46

Re: MG Motors to launch an EV at Rs 10 to 15 lakh by end of next fiscal. EDIT: Named Comet EV

It is really unfortunate that comet has no fast charging. How can they launch a tiny car for 12 lakhs even without fast charging?
This rules out the possibility of charging it at charging stations and making it only chargeable at home. A huge miss, I would say.
Carlove_83 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2023, 16:41   #47
BHPian

Re: MG Motors to launch an EV at Rs 10 to 15 lakh by end of next fiscal. EDIT: Named Comet EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
If they do plan to sell it for 12 lacs, would be great if they give it the ADAS Level 2 features, specially the Traffic jam assist feature in Hector, that will do it's job perfectly for the intended usage of the car.
This is the only way 12 Lakhs can be justified on a small two door car in India. Even then the market size for such premium small city may not be very big
wocanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 19:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Autocar just dropped the review of Comet https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=yZ75XnQpU2U
The video has been made private now. What could be the reason?
Is the launch nearing or something else?
utkarshgoel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2023, 10:30   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkarshgoel View Post
The video has been made private now. What could be the reason?
Is the launch nearing or something else?
Looks like a case of unfair advantage given to Autocar may be. Because the reviews were not posted by another other media house IMO. May be others complained.
Old 30th March 2023, 10:41   #50
BHPian

Yes I think you might be right. I was surprised to see such review coming up so early and that too without any camouflage etc.
Old 30th March 2023, 12:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Looks like a case of unfair advantage given to Autocar may be. Because the reviews were not posted by another other media house IMO. May be others complained.
Quote:
Yes I think you might be right. I was surprised to see such review coming up so early and that too without any camouflage etc.
I saw that review, I believe Hormazd travelled to Egypt to shoot this video, as he had shown pyramids at the start of the video, the landscape is identical to India. Not sure if the car is already on sale in Egypt or not.
SKC-auto is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 13:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

MG India has shared the first official image of the interior of the Comet EV ahead of its upcoming launch.

MG Motors to launch an EV at Rs 10 to 15 lakh by end of next fiscal. EDIT: Named Comet EV-20230407_130352.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 14:01   #53
BHPian

Well I am not sure if enough market study and product fitment is done for launching this car. This is taking us back to the Reva E2O era - two door car, 100 kms drivable range etc. Even that was a great EV at the time but it was simply not practical. For a small family of 2+1 kid, this car will not be a good choice. There are offcourse the rear seats but they are not comfortable over long runs and Elders find getting in and out troublesome. I will not bet my money on this yet. While time will tell what happens after launch but I am not very hopeful of a success here.
Old 7th April 2023, 14:06   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
MG India has shared the first official image of the interior of the Comet EV ahead of its upcoming launch.

Attachment 2437792

Link
MG Motors to launch an EV at Rs 10 to 15 lakh by end of next fiscal. EDIT: Named Comet EV-appleipodshuffle2ndgeneration_xjvp.jpg

Look ma!! I found my lost iPod.
AtheK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 15:03   #55
BHPian

The teaser video of interior is in also out
https://twitter.com/MGMotorIn/status...123031040?s=19
Old 7th April 2023, 17:07   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Attachment 2437795

Look ma!! I found my lost iPod.
Hilarious that MG is actually using the iPod/MP3_Player as the center piece in their video ad as well.

Quote:
The teaser video of interior is in also out
https://twitter.com/MGMotorIn/status...123031040?s=19
TheRandomGuy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 20:14   #57
BHPian

There is this channel in YT called Wheels Boy. It's more of a china market only auto review channel and I was shocked by how good their cars have become off late especially EV's. They have made the review of the Comet AKA Wuling air. Indian OEMs need to up their ante or the market will be full of EV's from China soon, like the smartphone market.
Sierra__foxtrot is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 13:56   #58
BHPian

MG Comet to be unveiled on April 19.
https://www.carwale.com/news/mg-come...d-on-19-april/

Also unofficial bookings have started with dealers. I just confirmed with one.

Last edited by utkarshgoel : 8th April 2023 at 13:57.
utkarshgoel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2023, 19:49   #59
BHPian

A high quality micro car I am sure will sell well. A lot of people are now Environment conscious and pained by commuting in city. This can surely be a second car for zip zap zoom like driving on the city roads especially for one person travelling in a large car that is struggling to fit in already busy roads. Daimler SMART has been fairly successful. Our own Nano would have been too, had it not been positioned as the "Cheapest" car and had it come with high quality interiors and engine of today's TATA Cars.
Bsreecharan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 12:24   #60
BHPian

IMHO, Design looks too weird. I hope this doesn't bunk like Tata Nano. I am not sure Indian auto market is advanced enough to adapt to micro cars, where the trend is mostly SUVs and crossovers. Also with more and more people looking for safer cars, I am not sure how this car will fare in crash tests.

Even in mature markets like EU, the micro cars only have a very small fraction of sales, esp. in bigger cities where parking is a premium.

Will wait and watch how this story evolves.
carthick1000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks