Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2023, 11:37   #841
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
I won't recommend going with the 3.3 KW charger option because MG's portable charger only goes up till 2 KW. Hence it is much slower than the Tata's portable charger (Feedback from a friend who owns an MG ZS EV in Gurgaon).
Oh okay, thats why my portable charger is taking around 20hrs to fully charge my car, whereas the 7kwh wall charger does that in around 6 hrs.
Old 19th September 2023, 16:20   #842
BHPian

I was going through the ZS EV owner's manual and I found the below clauses:

"The actual driving range of the vehicle will reduce with the increase of vehicle age"

"2.5.4 During a capacity check at an Authorised MG EV Dealer if it is determined that battery pack has suffered a capacity drop below acceptable degradation according to the use and ageing of the vehicle,the module below this acceptable degradation will be deemed excessive loss. Where possible the excessive loss portion will be repaired, if unrepairable the battery pack will be replaced with either a new /remanufactured/reconditioned battery as per MG MOTOR Dealer's discretion"

Now I googled the above clause and found that in the UK manual, the acceptable degradation is mentioned as 70%:

During a capacity check at an Authorised MG Repairer if it is determined that the lithium-ion high voltage battery has suffered a capacity drop below 70% of the original value at delivery of your new MG Electric/Hybrid Vehicle, the segment below 70% will be deemed excessive loss. Where possible the excessive loss portion will be repaired, if un-repairable the lithium-ion high voltage battery will be replaced with either a new or a remanufactured battery.

My queries:
1. How much drop in mileage should one expect after 3~4 years of usage?
2. Why is MG not mentioning what is the "acceptable degradation" in India? Is it 70% or 50% or 30%?

Link to UK owner's manual:
https://www.mg.co.uk/sites/default/f...tober_2021.pdf
low_rider is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 17:11   #843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_rider View Post
My queries:
1. How much drop in mileage should one expect after 3~4 years of usage?
2. Why is MG not mentioning what is the "acceptable degradation" in India? Is it 70% or 50% or 30%?
MG India quotes a degradation of ~3% per year. So if the degradation is more than this number, it will be looking at for battery replacement under warranty.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 23:02   #844
BHPian

Hi can someone please explain what is the 360 DVR offered by MG?
Old 23rd September 2023, 13:45   #845
BHPian

I considered getting the Excite variant 6 months back but later on stopped following the variants, price changes etc. I see now they started charging RTO Road tax for all ev variants. Why is it the case for this when on Nexon ev I don't see that added?
Old 23rd September 2023, 15:48   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifier View Post
I considered getting the Excite variant 6 months back but later on stopped following the variants, price changes etc. I see now they started charging RTO Road tax for all ev variants. Why is it the case for this when on Nexon ev I don't see that added?
Did you check about Nexon EV prices after this news.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le67212586.ece
Old 24th September 2023, 19:32   #847
BHPian

Yes. While I haven't been to Nexon store I am using the calculation on cardekho for comparison
Old 25th September 2023, 14:11   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitbhutoria View Post
Hi can someone please explain what is the 360 DVR offered by MG?
It is an optional accessory and is basically a dash-cam.

They market it as 360-degrees because the camera can be turned back to record inside the cabin too, which is kind of pointless IMO. But it is basically a forward facing dash-cam and nothing more.

The screen is mounted on the front windshield and it draws power from the USB port near the wireless charger. The wiring is routed through the dashboard and up the A-pillar.

They said that live monitoring is possible via an app. But they were not able to find the app on Apple's App Store! Not sure if any Android users have faced this issue too. I am in the process of sorting this matter out with the dealer.

Would recommend choosing a dash-cam from an external vendor as options are more and possibly better.

Hope this was helpful.
fordfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 23:12   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
Personalizations in the car
1. Debadged the car leaving on the ZS EV, replaced it with "Morris Garages" branding on the upper lip and "Brit Dynamic" logos replacing the obnoxious "electric" stickers. Also added MG door guards as 3rd party ones were unable to offer adequate protection
2. Ceramic coating - 9H hardness with 5 years maintenance coats costing 15K from a regular detailer in Baner, Pune.
Where did you get the Brit Dynamic Badge?

Ceramic coating product use if I may ask?
Old 26th September 2023, 23:01   #850
BHPian

Took delivery of my ZS EV Exclusive Pro in Starry Black. Good offers and Depreciation Benefit made me take the leap. Sad to be parting with my Polo but the running had increased and fuel consumption was proving to be a lot to accommodate. Hopefully it turns out to be a wise decision����
ankitbhutoria is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 11:04   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my ZS EV Exclusive Pro in Starry Black. Good offers and Depreciation Benefit made me take the leap. Sad to be parting with my Polo but the running had increased and fuel consumption was proving to be a lot to accommodate. Hopefully it turns out to be a wise decision����
Congratulations!

I went from the Vento Tsi to the ZS EV and there is a world of difference. Besides the saving in fuel / power, the car is way better at almost everything. Wish you many kms of safe and enjoyable driving.

P.S. Putting the car in sports mode makes me forget my Vento instantaneously.
Chrome6Boy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 13:30   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Took delivery of my ZS EV Exclusive Pro in Starry Black.
Hopefully it turns out to be a wise decision����
Congratulations buddy. Wish you many miles of happiness with your car.
JitendraW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 19:37   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get the Brit Dynamic Badge?

Ceramic coating product use if I may ask?
Bought the Brit Dynamic badge at the MG showroom. Was quite expensive, but love the way it looks ... so heart over head!

Ceramic coating done by Detailing Devils in Pune - they have done all of my cars and therefore didn't shop around too much ... they redo the coating every year for 5 years.
INNOVATOR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2023, 21:24   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOVATOR View Post
Bought the Brit Dynamic badge at the MG showroom. Was quite expensive, but love the way it looks ... so heart over head!

Ceramic coating done by Detailing Devils in Pune - they have done all of my cars and therefore didn't shop around too much ... they redo the coating every year for 5 years.
The quote here in Kolkata is making me insane!

20K plus GST from almost all detailers with 1 year warranty and no maintenance coat.

Photo of the Electric Badge removed and BRIT Dynamic applied along with price.

Another thing tried to utilise autonomous braking but not getting the confidence as it comes quite close to the car in front and still not braking. Any ideas from ADAS owners?
Old 27th September 2023, 22:39   #855

I have a question about suspension tuning on this car. Having completed 11,000km so far, I was hoping I'll get used to it - but not yet.
  • Suspension very harsh at ultra-low speed. Take that speed breaker at 11kmph instead of 7 and it jars the spine of every passenger!
  • Which then amusingly turns soft and wallow-y at medium city speeds. Drive carefully on that broken road and your passengers will be falling over each other side to side!
  • Then it gets better at speeds of 60kmph and above. It holds the road well and soft suspension handles expansion joints and odd potholes comfortably.

I have tried playing around with tire pressures, but I have found 40 PSI to be adequate (against factory recommended 41). I know people have run 36-37 too; but to me it felt like driving a car with puncture, so I settled on 40. It doesn't help that Continentals don't have soft sidewall like Michelins. Within 10k running, Conti's are hard rubber almost like Bridgestones.

Has anyone else observed this? Are there any options to try out? Or we just accept it and move on?

For reference, my earlier rides were very competent suspension setups, like Fiat Punto, Toyota Corolla (India) and Honda Accord / Jeep Cherokee / Acura MDX (all international). Am I expecting too much from this Chinese car with heavy battery pack at the bottom?
oakpr is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks