Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2023, 10:48   #751
BHPian

Re: 2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review

I have been using the Airbrace ventilated seat for almost seven months now. It is an Indian-made product. Looks good and so far has functioned very well too, even in scorching summer weather. Recommended.
Rada is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 23:34   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
I have been using the Airbrace ventilated seat for almost seven months now. It is an Indian-made product. Looks good and so far has functioned very well too, even in scorching summer weather. Recommended.
If your feedback is after using it in Chennai summer, I have lot of respect for the product
Chukash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 21:07   #753
BHPian

Got a notification on my infotainment system about a software update.
I'll do the update, tomorrow and share any new things that have been improved and added.

Curious if anyone else has got this and proceeded with it? Wonder what is new.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-zsevupdate.jpeg  

Last edited by vinvin : 4th July 2023 at 21:09.
vinvin is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 13:37   #754
BHPian

Picked up my Aurora Silver ZS EV (Exclusive) on the 30th of June.

Showroom experience was positive all round. I initially test drove the facelifted ZS back when it was launched. Took a second test drive around April, 2023. Placed my order once I handed over my old car to her new family. Got a bit lucky that the dealer had the exact variant and colour that I was looking for - Exclusive in Aurora Silver with grey interiors (ivory looks nice, but may be a pain to keep clean in the long run). Had literally no wait time, as I had my car with me in exactly 10 days after placing my order (accessorized, registered and insured)! About 2 days after bringing my car home, the vendor installed the home charger. The dealer has been very prompt in everything so far - delivery, documentation, charger installation, etc.

Still haven't driven the car too much, but based on my limited discoveries, I'm summarizing my views below.

Positives:-
  • After growing up with ICE vehicles, driving an EV is definately a fresh experience! I love the one pedal driving experience with regen set to level 3. Easy to drive. Feels like I'm driving a golf cart at times (mean it in a nice way)! Once you get used to driving with one pedal, the experience is very smooth. Does not feel jerky at all.
  • Acceleration! Just put the car in sport mode, plant the pedal to the floor and see what I mean.
  • Practical for daily usage. Cabin is spacious and the boot is adequate.
  • The panoramic sunroof makes the cabin feel so much more brighter and airy.
  • For anyone who loves data / statistics, the connected car app has a lot to show on how well you have been driving along with various aspects of the car.
  • Being able to control the AC while sitting at my desk is great! Now I don't have to go back to a furnace after work.
  • Voice command is a very useful feature even to change climate control settings while on the move. The system understands commands quite easily too.
  • Easy to get in and out of the car, especially for people with bad knees / senior citizens.
Negatives:-
  • Certain features which should be a given at this price point, are missed out - ventilated seats, auto dimming RVM, auto wipers and fog lamps.
  • Ride is on the firmer side. Car was delivered with all four tyres inflated to 41 Psi, I've reduced it to 35 Psi for a more comfortable ride. Will need to drive it more before coming to a final verdict.
  • Camera quality is absolutely awful! I'm shocked how something like this could be compromised / overlooked. Big miss by MG.
  • Absence of cabin / reading lights for the rear passengers.
What could have been better:-
  • Sound quality from the stock speakers is fine for most people. But a die-hard audiophile may not find it to be satisfactory.
  • There doesn't seem to be any way to switch off the annoying messages that the car shouts at you every time you switch it on / off. If anyone can educate me on any possibilities, I shall be grateful!
  • For some reason, Bluetooth volume for phone calls is barely audible, even at the highest setting.
  • I wish the car had auto-tilt mirrors when engaging reverse. Could have been helpful to avoid curbing the wheels.
  • Headlight throw is ok. On the highway it would feel poor, but is acceptable for city driving.
  • Digital instrument cluster looks nice, but is a bit cluttered IMO. Wish the information was displayed better so as to not have to look away for too long while driving.
Overall, I am happy with my purchase. Hoping the service experiences in the future are just as positive.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 MG ZS EV Facelift Review-img_4181.jpg  

fordfreak is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 13:46   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
[*]There doesn't seem to be any way to switch off the annoying messages that the car shouts at you every time you switch it on / off. If anyone can educate me on any possibilities, I shall be grateful!
haha, i found them super annoying too. You can turn off the welcome message in the settings.
shimoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 13:50   #756
BHPian

Congratulations on your new baby!!!

Quote:
[*]Certain features which should be a given at this price point, are missed out - ventilated seats, auto dimming RVM, auto wipers and fog lamps.
It do have auto wipers, check it out

Quote:
*]There doesn't seem to be any way to switch off the annoying messages that the car shouts at you every time you switch it on / off. If anyone can educate me on any possibilities, I shall be grateful!
Its possible, either try via your car setting or check it out in the MG app. I have done it , but forgot how it was done.
Quote:
[*]For some reason, Bluetooth volume for phone calls is barely audible, even at the highest setting.
I was able to adjust the volume somewhere which fixed it. Try your app and see whether you can fix it
ItsMe747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 16:59   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post
I'll do the update, tomorrow and share any new things that have been improved and added.

I installed and noted that this broke my iSmart app on the phone and it refused to show the battery percentage and charging status on the phone.
Tweeted to MG Support india and a fix was rolled out over the air almost immediately and fixed the issue ...
havent noticed anything drastically different
if someone else has, pl. let me know
Old 5th July 2023, 18:33   #758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post
I am planning to add the Riggear ventilated seats to my zs ev,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rada View Post
I have been using the Airbrace ventilated seat for almost seven months now.
Is it possible to install them on the seats with airbags (without affecting the functioning of the airbags)?
Old 5th July 2023, 19:51   #759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Is it possible to install them on the seats with airbags (without affecting the functioning of the airbags)?
These are not installations, but is a sheet put on top of the seat like a towel on top of the seat.
ItsMe747 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 19:53   #760
BHPian

Installed the new update, yet to see any upgrade from the previous one.
Old 6th July 2023, 15:31   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
haha, i found them super annoying too. You can turn off the welcome message in the settings.
Played around in the car's settings and managed to switch off the hello & goodbye messages, but still have the annoying weather update being shouted at me every time I start a journey. Any tips on how to make it stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe747 View Post
Congratulations on your new baby!!!

It do have auto wipers, check it out

I was able to adjust the volume somewhere which fixed it. Try your app and see whether you can fix it
Thank you! Couldn't find any auto-wiper function. Looked through the owner's manual too, but didn't see any mention of the same. Also, I fixed the Bluetooth volume issue - turns out my phone's volume had been set too low.
Old 6th July 2023, 16:12   #762
BHPian

Quote:
Played around in the car's settings and managed to switch off the hello & goodbye messages, but still have the annoying weather update being shouted at me every time I start a journey. Any tips on how to make it stop?
Oh yes, of course. You can find those settings in the weather app. I turned those off too. Let me know if you can't find it, I'll dig around and find the exact setting.
shimoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2023, 16:15   #763
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you! Couldn't find any auto-wiper function. Looked through the owner's manual too, but didn't see any mention of the same. Also, I fixed the Bluetooth volume issue - turns out my phone's volume had been set too low.
Weather announcement is also stoppable. Check it out in options or in weather app

Auto wiper is the first option in your wiper knob after off.
ItsMe747 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 07:39   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinvin View Post

The one evident change I notice is that the news app has been removed. Earlier, this was there below Jio Saavn.

I don't know what has been added?! Or, if there were any performance improvements.

Wish they could provide a changelog.
vinvin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2023, 08:48   #765
BHPian

If you are annoyed with Radio coming up as soon as you start the car, there is a neat trick for that as well.

Go to Radio, select the source as DRM instead of FM or AM.
Chukash is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks