Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2024, 08:19   #256

Re: Mahindra XUV400 EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bil.007 View Post
I too think it would be great if you can share with me the Proforma Invoice of your XUV400 so that I can show the nearest Mahindra dealer the same and get similar offers.
Hi,
I can share it with you but doubt it will be of much help. The offers were for the non-pro esp version without the newer features.
Have gone through the same with a few friends since the pro version was announced. As far as the dealers are concerned it's a new car and hence there are no consumer discounts on offer. The previous offers, pre new years, were an excercise in inventory clearing
A friend booked the pro version recently but was able to get his insurance quote matched and a few accessories after some hard negotiating. His quote came to 18.3L on road if I'm not mistaken.

They are not moving at all as the current prices are an 'introductory offer', that is, already discounted in their view

Friend is on the waitlist for the car. According to the salesman it's a long one at that. Delivery is expected mid to end February
Addled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 10:56   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addled View Post
Hi,
I can share it with you but doubt it will be of much help. The offers were for the non-pro esp version without the newer features.
Have gone through the same with a few friends since the pro version was announced. As far as the dealers are concerned it's a new car and hence there are no consumer discounts on offer. The previous offers, pre new years, were an excercise in inventory clearing
A friend booked the pro version recently but was able to get his insurance quote matched and a few accessories after some hard negotiating. His quote came to 18.3L on road if I'm not mistaken.

They are not moving at all as the current prices are an 'introductory offer', that is, already discounted in their view

Friend is on the waitlist for the car. According to the salesman it's a long one at that. Delivery is expected mid to end February

Hello,

Agreed that the older version was getting better offers, even I have doubts if I’d be able to get offers closer to values you got, but I’ll do what I do best. Try for the best possible offers and also let you know what I’ve bagged.

Furthermore having your proforma invoice would still have some base for me to act upon even if the model update has made things different. The PI would have just a slight impact on my quote. But it should.

Also please share your experience, how is the XUV400 fairing up?, any niggles? what about the service schedules? Are they at normal intervals like ICE cars?

I’m still deciding between the XUV400 and the Nexon EV,

Cheers,

Bil007

Last edited by bil.007 : 29th January 2024 at 10:58.
Old 29th January 2024, 12:38   #258

Hi again,
The car is absolutely lovely. No complaints so far though I'm just about 1800-1900kms in.
It's been giving me a consistent 280-300 even though I drive in the fast mode for the most part.
Bit of a learning curve when getting to understand how to drive efficiently. Basically get more defensive in your driving style and eliminate unnecessary hard accelerations and braking. Doesn't take long to figure this out though.

There's lesser fatigue on long drives and I find myself enjoying being on the road more. The ride quality is a big plus and the Apterra ties are really good. Got myself a wireless Android auto dongle which makes things very streamlined.

Happy customer so far, touch wood
I'll get in touch with you on your number. Just give me till Wednesday.Traveling at the moment.

Best
Addled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2024, 19:51   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashiee View Post
In this review, Can any owner share their charging routine. I want to install the charger in my office 5kms away from my home. I want to know the feedback on XUV 400 that was purchased and how has it been so far. Any niggles? I also want to know if I can change the speakers and the interior lights to led whites. Can I add ambient lighting to spruce up - all this without wanting to risk the warranty and the overall safety. Or I will go with my heart and book an 4X2 Petrol AT Thar from the same stable.
Charger - I have installed my 7.2KW AC charger in my office which is 1km away from home. I charge it whenever it goes below 20 and charge it till 100 like what the owner's manual says.

My Feedback on the Car - Ride quality is good and performance is good so far. Interiors are not plush/luxurious but seats are good IMHO. No niggles i have noticed but the suspension is spongy compared to my Nissan Terrano.

Speakers - I have installed a DSP , a monoblock amplifier , new components for the front and co-axials for the rear along with a 12 inch subwoofer ( all these without cutting any wires.

LED headlamps - i havent done it since LED have blind spots and i dont want to really change them since this car is only for my city driving needs.

Ambient lighting - You can install but be very clear that the installer cannot tap into any of the existing wires and have to lay out cabling from the battery / fuse box directly.

All the above applies even to any new vehicle be it an EV or your desired THAR AT 4 X 2 Petrol.
SpeedSashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2024, 15:13   #260

Pls see this post - Interview with Velusamy, Mahindra

To a regular user, NMC should not matter much as it can give about 1600 cycles. What is there to really understand is how fast these degrade - LFP vs NMC ? Secondly XUV 400 el pro after driving it is a strong product. Now we need to understand whether we should wait for LFP by Mahindra. Also point to note - Thermal management, Nail penetration, Single Cell fire arrest mitigation system, and coolant mgmt versus leak proof tests during wading or accident requires to be understood more in detail for a common man to invest in Mahindra. Till then we are all guinea pigs.

I wish to be one - The ride and handling was a pleasure and the instant surge can encompass your driving experience and you will fall in love with such silent smoothness it offers. However, we don't get ADAS, 360 camera or blind spot monitor. No ambient lights or footwell lights - all requires an expert to install. Also if one were to undergo repairs after an accident - it has to be the Mahindra only.
prashiee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 09:59   #261
BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

Has anybody seen the Nebula blue color in person? Does is look like nexon ev teal blue?
Old 29th February 2024, 00:33   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidoxic View Post
After 15,000 km and 7 months of ownership of the XUV400 these are my observations based on the points being discussed here. And feel free to ask more!
Thanks buddy for the details.
Some questions as I will be taking Delia of xuv 400 in Artic blue, some where next week.

1. Can we install front parking sensors with integration in head unit.
2. Bulb upgrade suggestions for head light
3. Any important accessory that I need to source apart from mats, flaps, door molding, car cover, door end guard and dash cam
Old 4th March 2024, 21:19   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_v8 View Post
Thanks buddy for the details.
Some questions as I will be taking Delia of xuv 400 in Artic blue, some where next week.

1. Can we install front parking sensors with integration in head unit.
2. Bulb upgrade suggestions for head light
3. Any important accessory that I need to source apart from mats, flaps, door molding, car cover, door end guard and dash cam
Typically don't like accessorising or modifying - just added fog lamps and floor mats.
Front parking sensor comes with not so elegant looking LCD, definitely a skip for me.
sidoxic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2024, 11:28   #264
BHPian

Dear All,

I have taken delivery of Artic Blue xuv 400.

I have taken few mahindra accessories like door molding, mudflaps, skid plate. They are very good in quality nothing like the flimsy after market ones and really value for money.
saurabh_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2024, 00:14   #265
BHPian

Dear all,
Need some help with xuv 400

I am unable to set different volumes for phone music, phone call and indicator.

Tried hard but all of the above remain at same volume
Old 11th March 2024, 12:36   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh_v8 View Post
Dear all,
Need some help with xuv 400

I am unable to set different volumes for phone music, phone calls and indicators.

Tried hard but all of the above remain at the same volume
Please ignore got it.

Noted one issue though. when the phone is connected to the head unit via Bluetooth and you receive a call while music is being played. the call volume is the same as the music volume. if you reduce the volume while on call the volume is reduced for Bluetooth connectivity as a whole.

Call, Indicator, and music volumes are not treated separately.

I had a word with the Mahindra showroom they said it should work correctly when on Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Unfortunately, Apple CarPlay update is awaited so I need to bear with it.
Old 12th March 2024, 16:12   #267
BHPian

“Legwork” before I decided to buy the XUV400 EL Pro

I have test driven almost all the “mainstream” EV models (viz. BYD E6 and Atto3, MG ZS EV, MG Comet, XUV400 and my colleague’s Hyundai Kona). I exercised restraint in not “tasting” the EV6/ E6 in spite of “temptations” by friends.

My observations from driving the updated and “refreshed” XUV400 EL Pro which is what I am actively considering for purchase.

Positives
- A little wider than almost all cars in its segment and even from a price segment above. I specifically mean the interior volume for driver and rear seat passengers. It’s not only wider, but it’s also “perceptively” wider and feels more airy with the new light coloured seats and dual tone interior. This really makes a difference in perceived space, especially if you have a full car or you have a chauffeur driving you around.

- The balance of ride and handling is the best sorted one among all cars in this cohort listed above, and definitely better than ZS EV which is more expensive. The BYD E6 was the “floatiest” and crashed through at slightly taller speed breakers - which are dime a dozen in Bangalore. This feels like driving a “normal” car.

- There is a general solidity about the build and a sense of rigidity once you are sitting inside that’s difficult to find in most crossovers after the EcoSport days.

- The seats, especially in the front and wide and very comfortable- I would again say the best in segment. The dimensions are correct for an average height and unfit Indian (“me :-) ). I personally found the ergonomics really troublesome in the latest version of Nexon.

- Strong AC- true to all Mahindras.

- Rear AC vents and USB charging points. I understand this was missing in all the trims so far. …and ….

- Good safety- but that is table stakes these days . Its comment-worthy only if its absence. This does not have the ADAS Level 2 features, but considering that I propose to use it mostly in the city and suburbs, I am OK with this.

- Last but not the least- it comes with a spare tyre. This is a boon when most EVs are completely skipping this. BYD E6, Nexon and ZS EV has a spare tyre, but Tiago EV, Punch EV, and others do not. Even the more expensive models do not even have any provision for it. I wonder how buyers find the confidence to drive on Indian roads with just a puncture repair kit. I have experienced a punctured sidewall 4 times in the last 7-8 years, thrice in the middle of nowhere on perfectly good roads!! The absence of a spare tyre would be a dealbreaker for me. This was the main reason why I did not want to wait for the MG4 or the BYD Dolphin - neither of them have a wheel well to place a spare tyre, even if you are open to paying for it yourself.

Negatives/ “Meh” points - but I would keep this section in perspective to its price point of INR 18.5 Lakh OTR

- The “bite” of the brake was a bit to sharp, this can be a bit more progressive perhaps
- Spare tyre is a space saver - this needs an upgrade on Day 1
- The rear seats could have done with a bit more under-thigh support.

,….and that’s about it.

The choice made, now its time to tie up the financing etc, and I hope no new model suddenly come out in the next 2 months sending me back to the drawing board.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 12th March 2024 at 16:13.
Contrapunto is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 14th March 2024, 10:04   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
“Legwork” before I decided to buy the XUV400 EL Pro

I have test driven almost all the “mainstream” EV models (viz. BYD E6 and Atto3, MG ZS EV, MG Comet, XUV400 and my colleague’s Hyundai Kona).
How was the ride quality compared to the BYD Atto 3 specifically? I've driven the Atto 3 extensively, but haven't had a chance to drive the 400. Really curious to know, because the Atto 3's ride in my opinion, is sublime. Love the damped + silent feel over potholes. Would you say the 400 exhibits the same characteristics?
DeKay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2024, 07:55   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
How was the ride quality compared to the BYD Atto 3 specifically? I've driven the Atto 3 extensively, but haven't had a chance to drive the 400. Really curious to know, because the Atto 3's ride in my opinion, is sublime. Love the damped + silent feel over potholes. Would you say the 400 exhibits the same characteristics?
Yes, its very similar. And given the vast difference in price points, kudos to Mahindras. Along with a well-insulated cabin and a well-distributed weight, this was the most car-like EV I have driven.

Off-topic for this thread, but BYD should launch another trim with a substantially lower price point, taking advantage of the fall in Lithium prices. Cost savings to consider are possibly a slightly smaller battery and yes, the ADAS which I had to switch off to drive peacefully in Bangalore. The only thing holding it back is the price point relative to the MG ZS EV.
Contrapunto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2024, 23:50   #270
BHPian

Mahindra has a good product with the update of the xuv 400.
Some concerns for a purchase decision are related to the Nmc battery pack.
What are the risks to users for a thermal runaway in a hot country like India?
What about an unfortunate collision?
The resale of the car after 5 or 10 or 15 years are likely very poor as the entire market is shifting to Lfp battery packs including mahindra.
Are there any other electric vehicles in India using the Nmc battery pack?
Request some thoughts and experience from members.
KeepItSimple is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks