Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2023, 19:11   #241

Re: Mahindra XUV400 EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Congrats on the new car

My dealer clearly told me Mahindra Discount - 250000 & Dealer Discount - 50000 Can you both share your quotes via WhatsApp to 9*4*8*6*1:1/3/1/3/2 as I can't DM you since you are new here. Thanks
Happy to help. I've posted my break up on this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ar-thread.html (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Sent you a message on your phone as well. Happy to answer any questions if needed
Best

Last edited by Aditya : 24th December 2023 at 16:42. Reason: Quoted post edited
Addled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2023, 11:54   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addled View Post
An update:
I've gone ahead with the Xuv 400.
Congratulations!! Saw from the booking thread that you got the Napoli black too, guess that's the only colour left everywhere

We've booked the same, Oct manufactured PDI done yesterday, expecting delivery next week. I was never even considering the XUV4OO even at the beginning of this month. Took a TD and was extremely impressed, couldn't understand why no one is talking about this car. TBH, I did not even know Mahindra had an EV until we started our search last month

I joined facebook groups of Nexon, Atto3, Verna (The last SERIOUS competition to our final decision - sexy car!) and XUV4OO to gauge actual user feedback instead of sugarcoated reviews on youtube. Almost no XUV4OO ownership experiences on T-BHP.

Nexon - Immediately got this feeling that fanboyism is masking some serious issue with Tata quality and ASS. I did not want my first car with my wife to be a sour experience

Atto3 - this was a global group - and awesome reviews. However, the fixed headrest on the driver's seat was a no-go for me recovering from a neck surgery. Also, Landmark Mumbai might be a big name, but not great attitude. Booked a TD AT SHOWROOM with time for Saturday on the previous Tuesday, yet the car was unavailable despite confirmation the previous day. Was then promised a home TD on Sunday which did not happen. Then sales called me up on Monday asking if I had time on Tuesday. I politely declined saying I've confirmed another car which sent me the TD. But he had informed his office that I had indeed been given the TD. Got a feedback call on Thursday asking how my TD was! Irritating

Verna - Least % of members with issues, but everyone hides their city mileage like their family's dirty secret. Especially the Turbo DCT which we were considering

XUV4OO - They seriously screwed up the first owners by missing out on TC and ESC. Good that they added later on but the damage had been done in groups and social media. I found 3-4 seriously dissatisfied people about this, but rarely anything regarding reliability/quality issues vs Tata.

So many unsubstantiated negative comments, especially about range when the Nexon gives exactly the same! Dated looks and this whining however, along with manufacturer CAFE norms have made this 17L on road for me, so not complaining.

Not worried about Mahindra engineering/ electric future especially after watching their tours of their MSPT and battery facility. And especially after that lovely TD! Power, suspension, handling, space, comfort all top notch. I can live with the looks, and put my spare phone in the car at all times for Android auto google maps.

I did not get the dealer discount though, maybe because my dealer is NBS Mahindra Mumbai, a fully owned subsidiary of Mahindra. My experience with them overall has been positive, and 17L on road is not a bad price for a 280km range EV with 1.5Rs/km running cost and the size of a Creta!

I wanted the infinity blue, unavailable. Only whites and blacks left, not sure how many

Last edited by graaja : 24th December 2023 at 12:32. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please quote only a small or relevant part. Please limit to two smileys
rving is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 08:19   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by rving View Post
Congratulations!! Saw from the booking thread that you got the Napoli black too, guess that's the only colour left everywhere
Quote:
I wanted the infinity blue, unavailable. Only whites and blacks left, not sure how many
Thanks. My least favourite colour. Was on the lookout for the Grey or Infinity blue. Alas ..

Quote:
Took a TD and was extremely impressed, couldn't understand why no one is talking about this car.
Likewise. It's a very sorted car if one looks past the dated interiors. The basics are very well done indeed.

Quote:
I joined facebook groups of Nexon, Atto3, Verna (The last SERIOUS competition to our final decision - sexy car!) and XUV4OO to gauge actual user feedback instead of sugarcoated reviews on Youtube. Almost no XUV4OO ownership experiences on T-BHP.
I struggled with this. Looking for real world to ratify my decision. The Facebook groups are largely useless riddled with ads and a few disgruntled individuals hijacking every thread. ( Not that I blame them, Mahindra really screwed the pooch there)
Try the telegram group of Xuv400 owners. Much more active and helpful

Quote:
Nexon - Immediately got this feeling that fanboyism is masking some serious issue with Tata quality and ASS.
There is mention of serious Battery issues. A lot of HV critical alerts followed by almost criminal negligence by Tata ASS personnel. Though to be fair, the issues are cropping up on the lower capacity battery cars Tiago, Tigor etc not so much the Nexon Max

Quote:
Atto3 - this was a global group - and awesome reviews. However, the fixed headrest on the driver's seat was a no-go for me recovering from a neck surgery. Also, Landmark Mumbai might be a big name, but not great attitude. Booked a TD AT SHOWROOM with time for Saturday on the previous Tuesday, yet the car was unavailable despite confirmation the previous day. Was then promised a home TD on Sunday which did not happen. Then sales called me up on Monday asking if I had time on Tuesday. I politely declined saying I've confirmed another car which sent me the TD. But he had informed his office that I had indeed been given the TD. Got a feedback call on Thursday asking how my TD was! Irritating
The fixed head rest is an unfortunate miss for you. This is a wonderful car otherwise. I DID manage to test drive it here in Bangalore. It ticked so many boxes for me. Alas it's ORP was a bit too far out of my budget to consider.
About your TD lol. I went through something similar with the Tata's. Mentioned it in a previous post. Very oddball behaviour for a sales department. Don't get it. Totally removed the Tata from any sort of consideration on my part.

Quote:
XUV4OO - They seriously screwed up the first owners by missing out on TC and ESC. Good that they added later on but the damage had been done in groups and social media. I found 3-4 seriously dissatisfied people about this, but rarely anything regarding reliability/quality issues vs Tata.
They really did. Very unfortunate handling by Mahindra.
I did notice that the telegram group does celebrate their satisfaction with the Mahindras reliability. Touch wood, thus far there have been no reports of any major issues that I have found at least, and I've really looked.

Quote:
My experience with them overall has been positive, and 17L on road is not a bad price for a 280km range EV with 1.5Rs/km running cost and the size of a Creta!
Ditto
Old 25th December 2023, 11:19   #244

Quote:
Try the telegram group of Xuv400 owners. Much more active and helpful

They really did. Very unfortunate handling by Mahindra.
I did notice that the telegram group does celebrate their satisfaction with the Mahindras reliability. Touch wood, thus far there have been no reports of any major issues that I have found at least, and I've really looked.
How can I find and join this group please?

Quote:
The fixed head rest is an unfortunate miss for you. This is a wonderful car otherwise. I DID manage to test drive it here in Bangalore. It ticked so many boxes for me.
Not only ticked, but on paper this was a dream car for me. Had been eyeing this for months now. My wife was on board too even with the 2X price tag. Safety(battery & crash), range, space, features, all A1 for me. Quirky design but solidly built. And controversial opinion - also stemming from the fact that I have worked with Chinese teams in the past - although Indians claim to be software superheroes, the Chinese silently excel at actual implementation now. I feel BYD is like Tesla - making seamless, fresh, intuitive, no glitch, powerful software for electric cars, while even luxury automakers are like Nokia in its last days - unable to reimagine the user experience for the future. All of this before we saw the car in person at the showroom.

Fit and finish was really good, zero glitches in features & software, everything as described in reviews, videos and pictures. But standing by it and sitting in it reminded us of my Ertiga back home - the size, the silhouette, the view from the seat. We really wanted to and tried to connect with the car, but the chemistry was sadly missing. And the uninspiring salesperson did not help much either. And then I felt the pain in my neck when I sat in the driver's seat - the final straw.

Contrast it with the Verna. We always wanted to go with an EV for our first car here in Mumbai, did not even know about the new model until we started research. My wife had always wanted a sedan, but recently convinced herself that electric was our family's way to go. But once we saw, sat in and rode the Verna, it brought back all the latent car wet dreams one had in childhood looking at posters and movies. It was different in a much better way in person vs pictures. Only a glance at the fuel efficiency (8kmpl) as we were completing our TD brought us back to reality, and with that finalized our decision.

Sorry for the long segue, to summarize - we couldn't find the chemistry with the Atto3
rving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2023, 05:20   #245

Quote:
How can I find and join this group please?
Just download the the app and search for Mahindra XUV400. It should show up.
If that doesn't work let me know, I'm new to the app, but will figure out another way. Joining the group is worthwhile IMO. Very active and helpful

Quote:
Sorry for the long segue, to summarize
Haha, don't be. It's such a pleasure to talk in detail to our hearts content without eyes glazing over
Old 4th January 2024, 17:42   #246
BHPian

Does this mean, XUV 300 too will have only changes to the interior? There was so much speculation about panoramic sunroof, headlamp and bumper design changes.
Old 5th January 2024, 11:58   #247
BHPian

Mahindra XUV 4OO new trims arrive at dealer.

The XUV 4OO's new trim (suppossedly the EL trim) has arrived at a dealership. The new trims had been leaked recently in a presentation.
Attached Images

JunkyardHunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 08:35   #248
BHPian

Happy to share that I have taken delivery of my XUV400 EL ESP variant in black dual tone from CAI Mahindra, Coimbatore.Thanks to this thread and inputs from fellow bhpians. A special thanks to bhpian ph03n!x for helping me with showroom visits, negotiations & decision making especially the EV way.

A special shoutout to Nandhakumar the SA & Mr. Chandramouli GM from CAI Mahindra, Coimbatore for the great support they gave through out the car purchase process. Will be penning down a detailed review soon with the roller coaster ride I went thru before buying this black devil and life after becoming a proud owner.:
smrtdvl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th January 2024, 13:01   #249
BHPian

Mahindra XUV400 Pro Variants Launched
Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-screenshot-20240111-125949.png
Quote:
With this update, the XUV400 has become more affordable by up to Rs 1.5 lakh and is now only available in the Pro variant lineup. These introductory prices will be applicable to deliveries made till the end of May 2024.
This is the Variant wise feature set.
Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-whatsapp-image-20240111-12.44.39_7f43b8f5.jpg

Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-659f92cf38439.jpg

Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-659f93de6cc4c.jpg

Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-659f932f251ea.jpg

Mahindra XUV400 EV Review-659f937cac8e9.jpg
uditanshh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2024, 22:06   #250
BHPian

I test drove the updated XUV400 today. I have owned a XUV300 D before, so a lot of observations would be from that frame of reference.
1. The suspension seemed quite mature. Much lesser side to side movement than XUV300, and the suspension was silent. The ride quality was pretty great.
2. The steering felt super light. In Fun mode(lowest weight of steering) it was 1 finger light, and in Fearless mode (maximum steering weight), it was still very light!
3. Sound quality was quite a but better compared to XUV300 old system
4. As is with EVs the power delivery was super smooth.
5. Brakes are very grabby, and you have to be very precise to make a smooth stop.
6. No guidelines at all, and even wired AA and carplay were not working.
7. Seats feel very similar to XUV300.
8. There is no one touch window up for driver, only one touch down.
9. The rear camera has no guidelines as of now (not even static ones) though camera quality was good.
10. The new instrument cluster and infotainment system makes the car feel very premium.
alchex7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 22:54   #251
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (10)

Did anyone booked new XUV400? If yes, do we have any waiting period??
Old 21st January 2024, 11:45   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumosari View Post
Did anyone booked new XUV400? If yes, do we have any waiting period??
Yes I have booked it from Mumbai (Kandivali) showroom. They said a waiting period of 1.5 months
Old 21st January 2024, 11:55   #253
BHPian

Experts!

Can we install electric powered seats in xuv 400
Old 26th January 2024, 16:25   #254

In this review, Can any owner share their charging routine. I want to install the charger in my office 5kms away from my home. I want to know the feedback on XUV 400 that was purchased and how has it been so far. Any niggles? I also want to know if I can change the speakers and the interior lights to led whites. Can I add ambient lighting to spruce up - all this without wanting to risk the warranty and the overall safety. Or I will go with my heart and book an 4X2 Petrol AT Thar from the same stable.
Old 28th January 2024, 12:22   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Happy to help. I've posted my break up on this thread https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ar-thread.html (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Sent you a message on your phone as well. Happy to answer any questions if needed
Best

Hello,

Congratulations on your new XUV400, hope you’re enjoying the thrill.

I’m planning to get one as well in the EL PRO DT avatar, as any BHPian would want the best deals for their ride, I too think it would be great if you can share with me the Proforma Invoice of your XUV400 so that I can show the nearest Mahindra dealer the same and get similar offers.

You can text me on 9*4*1*0*0*:7/8/6/4/1

Thanking you in advance!

Cheers,
Bil007

Last edited by bil.007 : 28th January 2024 at 12:36.
bil.007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks