Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2023, 21:17   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV400 EV Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The flopped XUV 4OO, now in refresh mode?

--
Likely to be the facelifted XUV300.
Old 30th November 2023, 11:37   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The flopped XUV 4OO, now in refresh mode?
If this is XUV400 and this is the production ready front of the car. They really need to rethink about it. The round light in the headlamp setup is outright hideous.
Old 15th December 2023, 10:37   #228

Hi all, A long time reader, freshly minted member and first time poster here.
Thought I'd begun with an introductory post and get on to my query subsequently.

After a few test drives and a lot of encouraging mathematics , I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on the Xuv400.
This will be an upgrade from my 2012 Wagon R

I feel this car delivers the basics well
Nvh and a great suspension set up are major plus to us. The main impetus, as our bodies age, for the upgrade
The roomy interiors and usable boot space are also plusses for us
Seats are comfortable and one has an easy ingress into the vehicle. A big plus for my wife

I did, in fact, enjoy using the L mode during the test drive. Different strokes etc etc I guess

And most importantly, with the hefty year end discounts this car, the ELwith esp variant, is now available at 17L on road. It's the only car with price parity to it's ICE version.
Suddenly my earlier strained mathematics have become pretty enough to bring a smile to my face

Making my peace with the outdated interior. Coming from a Wagon R it's all an upgrade.. Still for a 17L figure it's not the easiest pill to swallow
Then again if I'm truly being honest the only things that truly bother me are the cramped information layout in the info cluster and the lack of charging ports etc in the rear.

I'm fine with a manual AC and lack of rear AC vents. It's barely used in Bangalore anyways.
The outdated Infotainment screen is also fine. Would have loved wireless Android and wireless charging but, for now, it's functional enough and intuitive to use I guess
Might upgrade the speakers in the future. Apart from the speakers there appears to be an entire galaxy of aftermarket accessories and solutions. The Modifications forum around here is such a trip!

Anyways would like to reiterate my Hello to everyone around here again.
I'll move onto my query in the next post
Addled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 11:45   #229

A follow up from my previous post:

As I move on to the last leg of my decision making process, I've been trying to gather information on real-works experiences with this vehicle.
Namely, Vehicle quirks, tips, grievances and ASS experiences ( this last one, especially for folk in Bangalore)

Mistakes made by Mahindra have rendered a fairly capable vehicle a flop in the market. As a result there's not a lot of real-world experience and content posted orutthere. Especially post the upgraded features were provided.

Was hoping to check in here and pick your brains about the same..

TIA
Old 15th December 2023, 12:02   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addled View Post
Hi all, A long time reader, freshly minted member and first time poster here.
Welcome to the forum, lovely post and looking forward to many such posts from you

The discounts have made this EV really mouthwatering. If only we had BH registration open it would knock the on road price a few lakhs down.

Beware, it not a Mahindra, you are essentially buying a SsangYong product with the good and bad of SsangYong coming with it. Really appreciate them going with the 4.2 meters length and not the 4 meters of the 300.

The problem I have is range. Mr. Velusamy [top leader at MnM] is on record claiming the range to be 456. Yes 456 to make it an easy to remember number. There are many distressing stories on the range, plus the trouble you have to go through to get it recharged on the highways, wait times, chargers not working, range anxiety and what not. Also, the battery this EV uses is from an older generation, it's not the new-gen battery the other EVs get.

Wishing you all the best, whatever the final decision, hoping it works out to an awesome ownership experience for you
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 14:05   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Welcome to the forum, lovely post and looking forward to many such posts from you
Thank you so much

Quote:
Beware, it not a Mahindra, you are essentially buying a SsangYong product with the good and bad of SsangYong coming with it.
Will need to dig into this a bit more as I am unaware of the pros and cons here. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up

Quote:
The problem I have is range.
Range, honestly, is not something that's bothering me too much. Well aware that the real world range will be around that 260-270km figure. And of course that driving style (a bit of a learning curve, but then again I do enjoy learning new things ) , temperature and inclines affect range.

Mine is a 80-90% city with the rest on the highway sort of usage. The highway bits are largely weekend road trips with my wife and dogs. Don't see ourselves going beyond the 500-600km mark from Bangalore.
For that, on a 80% battery basis, shorter charges, at worst every 150km or so(with some buffer in mind), that amounts to 2-3 charges per trip or 1-2 charges with charging at our destination.
That's something, especially when with our dogs, we do in any case. I'll be spending an hour extra per trip.
Of course an upgrade on the 150km figure to 200-250 would have been ideal but don't see that happening for a car under 18L until mid-2025

Charging infrastructure isn't so bad down south. I've actually downloaded PlugShare and mapped out all manner of possible destinations taking into account reliable chargers, contingencies, facilities etc. They're all doable at present with the range on tap here. There are holes to be plugged of course but It'll only get better.
I'm a planner by nature 😀 this is totally up my alley

Quote:
Also, the battery this EV uses is from an older generation, it's not the new-gen battery the other EVs get.
I'll admit, it's an area of confusion for me. Have read all manner of conflicting opinions here. What made me lean towards acceptance here was that NMC, while older, is quite a common chemistry used worldwide, in all manner of climatic conditions. I've picked up on nothing statistically glaring here.

Quote:
Wishing you all the best, whatever the final decision, hoping it works out to an awesome ownership experience for you
Thanks so much Arun. Fingers crossed haha
Old 15th December 2023, 17:59   #232
BHPian

Quote:
A follow up from my previous post:

As I move on to the last leg of my decision making process
I know you are in the last legs of you decision making process, I will recommend going once to Tata and checking the EV max if not done already.

They are also offering big discounts on the car.

Rest from my standpoint, i find XUV400 lacking a lot of features as compared to Tata Nexon to make it a value for money buy. One lives with a car for minimum 5 years, your car will feel much more outdated than what you will feel in a Nexon Max (2.0) version.
ferrarirules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2023, 18:34   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
I know you are in the last legs of you decision making process, I will recommend going once to Tata and checking the EV max if not done already.

They are also offering big discounts on the car.

Rest from my standpoint, i find XUV400 lacking a lot of features as compared to Tata Nexon to make it a value for money buy. One lives with a car for minimum 5 years, your car will feel much more outdated than what you will feel in a Nexon Max (2.0) version.
I do agree with you on it being a much more contemporary feature set. It's got everything one could want. And perhaps also agree I'll feel the itch for an upgrade much sooner with the Xuv down the line Been struggling with this. Those discounts did in fact do much to calm those internal struggles.

I've been on a test drive with the Nexon EV. It's a great car to drive. I loved Auto hold and selectable Regen sounded interesting
What put us off it vis a vis the Mahindra were two primary points
The first was back seat comfort for my wife and more importantly for her mother. They're of a similar build and she didn't think the more knees up position would work for her mum.

The second reason, then, is sort of moot now with the Tata's year end discounts on offer.
I'm tempted to see the offer. Called ahead for a quote. As of this evening the offers are not in the system yet
I should have a quote available soon

Will update here as and when I receive one
Old 20th December 2023, 19:08   #234

An update:

I've gone ahead with the Xuv 400.

Was flirting with the idea of a discounted Tata Nexon Max. Contacted several Tata showrooms and was met with general disinterest. They either had no cars in stock or lost interest and were abrupt the moment I mentioned my interest in the discounted cars.
Very odd behaviour IMO Thought clearing inventory would be a priority?
Despite promises from 2 different salesman I still haven't received a quotation on paper. Closest I have got is a verbal, "Sir, we have one grey colour for 19.5L. You can take if you want"

While this was going on the Xuv400s seemed to be selling out.
The best deals I had received were from Sireesh and India Garage ~16.9L . Pps Mahindra were sold out and Anant Cars, I felt, were working up towards a better offer.
Was leaning towards Sireesh.
From what I was told, Sireesh had 7 Esp cars or so in stock. All Black colours (my least favourite colour). India Garage 2-3. And Anant 1-2.

Made my decision to go into Sireesh on the weekend to finalise. Friday around noon I get two calls. The first was from a deeply apologetic sales executive from Sireesh. All 7 of their Esp variants had sold! Some company had come in and bought all available stock
I'll admit, a bit of panic set in
Not even an hour had passed when I received the second call
It was India Garage with an improved offer! 16.43Lon road
Needless to say, Saturday morning saw me in their yard conducting a PDI on the vehicle I would be receiving. Followed Team-bhp guidelines. Everything was A-ok. VIN of Aug 2023 manufacture being the only bug bear.
I confirmed and went ahead to their Showroom to start the paperwork.
They had previously matched my HDFC Ergo insurance quote with RTI, Nil Dep, Passenger coverx4 etc etc @59k. Opted for mud flaps, mats and front parking sensors as accessories for a final On-road price of 16.53L for a Black dual tone EL with ESP Xuv 400
Delivery is expected tomorrow.
Addled is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2023, 23:34   #235
BHPian

Quote:
They had previously matched my HDFC Ergo insurance quote with RTI, Nil Dep, Passenger coverx4 etc etc @59k. Opted for mud flaps, mats and front parking sensors as accessories for a final On-road price of 16.53L for a Black dual tone EL with ESP Xuv 400
Delivery is expected tomorrow.
Congrats Addled.

I too have booked the same color and variant but the price quoted is 17.31L from CAI Mahindra, Coimbatore with insurance quote at 71k. Can you share your price breakup here or in I booked my car thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ar-thread.html (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Thanks

Last edited by smrtdvl : 20th December 2023 at 23:41. Reason: Trimmed some content
Old 23rd December 2023, 14:55   #236

Quote:
An update:

I've gone ahead with the Xuv 400.
Hi @Addled , I have booked XUV400 EL edition. I quoted to the SA that the DT Version of the vehicle is being sold for 16.43 with Front Sensors whereas the final quote i have received is 16.51 for the normal color(not DT) without the font sensors and other accessories. The SA is asking for a proforma/invoice copy so that he can get the same rate for me. Kindly dm me if possible.

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd December 2023 at 17:15. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 23rd December 2023, 15:45   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSashi View Post
Hi @Addled , I have booked XUV400 EL edition. I quoted to the SA that the DT Version of the vehicle is being sold for 16.43 with Front Sensors whereas the final quote i have received is 16.51 for the normal color(not DT) without the font sensors and other accessories. The SA is asking for a proforma/invoice copy so that he can get the same rate for me. Kindly dm me if possible.
Hi I have been quoted 17.31L for DT Black ESP variant here in Coimbatore. Can you let us know your price breakup.
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:22   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Hi I have been quoted 17.31L for DT Black ESP variant here in Coimbatore. Can you let us know your price breakup.
XUV400 EL FC ( Black) 1919000
Mahindra Discount 300000
Landed Price 1619000
Insurance 75421
tcs 16190
regn 400
fastag 600
Approx On Road Cost 1711611
Dealer Discount 60000
ORP 1651611
SpeedSashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 17:51   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
Can you share your price breakup here or in I booked my car thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ar-thread.html (The "I Booked my Car" Thread)

Thanks
Hi, sorry for the delay. Took delivery of the car in the mean time and have been out enjoying the new car Loving it by the way

I've shared a breakup in the ' I booked my car thread' as requested by you.
Hope it helps.
Feel free to DM me if you need more info.
Addled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2023, 18:15   #240
BHPian

Quote:

I've shared a breakup in the ' I booked my car thread' as requested by you.
Hope it helps.
Feel free to DM me if you need more info.
Congrats on the new car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedSashi View Post
XUV400 EL FC ( Black) 1919000
Mahindra Discount 300000
Landed Price 1619000
Insurance 75421
tcs 16190
regn 400
fastag 600
Approx On Road Cost 1711611
Dealer Discount 60000
ORP 1651611
My dealer clearly told me Mahindra Discount - 250000 & Dealer Discount - 50000 Can you both share your quotes via WhatsApp to 9*4*8*6*1:1/3/1/3/2 as I can't DM you since you are new here. Thanks

Last edited by Aditya : 24th December 2023 at 16:42. Reason: As requested

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks