Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 12:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
After being confused with battery size I decided to go with 24kwh because it will be able to comfortably do the Tvm - Cochin, if i have to, on a single charge.
Congrats, although Tvm to Cochin on a single charge is highly optimistic IMO, given the unpredictable traffic conditions and gradients at some places ( gradients sap range). Maybe without AC and driving < 80 km/h , it might just be possible. Do note when battery is < 25 %, S mode does not engage anymore and at 10% the car will be in battery save/ limp mode, where speed will be restricted to 55 km/h and no AC.

For back up sake, better to find a fast charger near Haripad/ Allepey to replenish before continuing.
Nanolover is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 13:47   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Congrats, although Tvm to Cochin on a single charge is highly optimistic IMO, given the unpredictable traffic conditions and gradients at some places ( gradients sap range). Maybe without AC and driving < 80 km/h , it might just be possible. Do note when battery is < 25 %, S mode does not engage anymore and at 10% the car will be in battery save/ limp mode, where speed will be restricted to 55 km/h and no AC.

For back up sake, better to find a fast charger near Haripad/ Allepey to replenish before continuing.
There are two which are right on the NH one at KTDC Aram (Ahaar) near Kayankulam which I think is commisioned now, and another one near Autokast Cherthala; and there are three Zeon chargers also on the NH on this route at Edapally, Padivattom and one at Alapuzha.

After Mevaram the highway is mostly level till Ekm, so most of the range sapping should happen between Tvm and Kollam and a top up at KTDC or Autokast should be good.

Last edited by Sankar : 6th October 2022 at 14:04.
Sankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 14:56   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Look underneath and you will see the battery pack. The Tiago EV gets rear twist beam suspension with coil spring mounted on hydraulic shock absorbers:

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-21.jpg
Can you please share the close-up pic of the stickers on the battery pack ?

I am trying to understand and correlate information shared by BHPian SatheeshBHP.
Old 7th October 2022, 07:34   #79
BHPian

Quote:
So the wait begins :-) I booked the Tiago.ev yesterday (Oct5) with Derik. Tropical Mist XT 24kwh. After being confused with battery size I decided to go with 24kwh because it will be able to comfortably do the Tvm - Cochin, if i have to, on a single charge.
If you can stretch your budget, go for XZ+ as it has rear wiper+wash. I will never be comfortable with a Hatchback/SUV which does not have rear wiper+wash. XZ+ has almost all the features required. XZ+ (10.79L) is priced 80k more than XT (LR) model, but on-road difference will be more like 1L since XT (LR) is under 10L (9.99L).
arif_t01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 09:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
If you can stretch your budget, go for XZ+ as it has rear wiper+wash. I will never be comfortable with a Hatchback/SUV which does not have rear wiper+wash. XZ+ has almost all the features required. XZ+ (10.79L) is priced 80k more than XT (LR) model, but on-road difference will be more like 1L since XT (LR) is under 10L (9.99L).
Problem with stretching budget is that once its stretched beyond a limit the next product seems more VFM than adding features to what is basically small hatch.

Nexon EV Prime base variant at 15.7 OTR seems more value than Tiago EV XZ+ at ~12L OTR. Larger battery, successful model, higher segment vehicle etc makes Nexon EV prime a better buy once a price threshold is breached. Tiago EV advantage is in its pricing and keeping that gap wide.

Tiago XT covers the basics for a primarily city use car, rear wash and wipe would have been a plus but not a deal breaker. If 24kwh was available in XE i probably would have gone for that.
Sankar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 12:26   #81
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago EV bookings open on October 10, 2022

Tata Motors has announced that the bookings for the Tiago EV will open on October 10, 2022. Customers can book the car by paying a token amount of Rs 21,000 at any Tata Motors dealership or online.

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-4-4.jpg

The Tiago EV will be on display across leading malls in major cities this month. Test drives will be available from later December and deliveries will commence in January 2023.

The Tiago EV is available in four variants: XE, XT, XZ+ and XZ+ Tech LUX, with prices starting at Rs 8.49 lakh (ex-showroom). The electric hatchback comes with two battery options - a 19.2 kWh battery pack offering a maximum range of 250 km and a 24 kWh battery offering 315 km (MIDC) on a single charge.

According to Tata, production of the 24 kWh variants has been prioritized. The delivery date will depend on the time and date of booking as well as the variant and colour chosen.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 13:57   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_goel View Post
Okay, a noob question.
I stay in an apartment complex in BLR, where there is no provision for EV charging, and let's say that it is something that is not going to get done anytime soon.

I do have a public charging option in ~5-10KM vicinity. Does it make sense to go for an EV? Based on my usage (primarily city driving not exceeding 50 KM per day), does it make a compelling case? also, EV (hopefully Tiago/ Tigor) will be a city beater. I have another ICE car for highway runs.
Tiago EV shall be good city car option with 50 kmpd and you can charge weekly 1-2 times at nearby charging station
amarprusty is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:02   #83
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tiago EV has clocked around 500 bookings from the Mumbai region alone.

Quote:
- Tiago EV XZ+ Tech Lux variant in most demand

- Teal Blue, Pristine White paint options most popular
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 7th October 2022 at 14:04.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 14:07   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Can you please share the close-up pic of the stickers on the battery pack ?

I am trying to understand and correlate information shared by BHPian SatheeshBHP.
Well, You could have asked me

Tata Tiago EV | A Close Look & Preview-tiagobatteryplate.png
SatheeshBHP is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 16:09   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Tata Motors has announced that the bookings for the Tiago EV will open on October 10, 2022. Customers can book the car by paying a token amount of Rs 21,000 at any Tata Motors dealership or online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata Tiago EV has clocked around 500 bookings from the Mumbai region alone.
Unofficial bookings started last week itself, right from the vehicle announcement. My friend placed booking on Saturday, and as per SA, he was about 40 in queue.
Old 7th October 2022, 16:54   #86
BHPian

Had registered interest on the website on the very first day and i received a call from Tata Motors today. The bloke on the other end was pleasing and professional. Was asked what variant was i looking at, how much was my daily driving, any previous experience with EVs, availability of dedicated parking slots.

I asked if the booking amount was refundable and got an unsatisfactory reply that it depends on dealer to dealer. Indicates that the bookings are not centrally managed by will be done via the dealers only.
Old 7th October 2022, 16:59   #87
BHPian

Booked the XT+ in Tropical Mist. Is it standard practice to ask for Aadhaar Card , Pan Card and Voter Id copies for booking?
GLAD73 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 18:16   #88
BHPian

Quote:
So the wait begins :-) I booked the Tiago.ev yesterday (Oct5) with Derik. Tropical Mist XT 24kwh. After being confused with battery size I decided to go with 24kwh because it will be able to comfortably do the Tvm - Cochin, if i have to, on a single charge.
Congrats Sankar.

I am planning to book the XT MR model. I only need it as a city car and would never need it for long drives. Even the occasional airport trips should be managed easily with a real world range of 125 Kms for the 19.2kwh model. I have managed very well in the past for more than 2 years with the 80Kms range Mahindra E2O.

I want to get the car delivered before March, 31, 2022 to take advantage of the Income Tax Exemption benefits of 1.5L per year for Electric Cars. Prioritizing the Long Range models will be a bummer for me as I am not hopeful of getting the 19.2Kwh XT Model by then. I will possibly consider the 24Kwh XT Model, once I visit the dealership. Red would have been my preferred choice, but its not available.

I did drive the Nexon EV and liked the interiors, ride quality, etc... Quality issues are one of the main reasons why I had to let go off my E2O in the past. Seeing the reviews of Tiago EV gives me that confidence that Tata has done a good job with Tiago EV too.
samabhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 14:49   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
According to Tata, production of the 24 kWh variants has been prioritized. The delivery date will depend on the time and date of booking as well as the variant and colour chosen.
New terminology alert in the Indian automotive industry.

Prioritised = only 24 kWH variants will be manufactured for initial months or years. Everyone else booking other variants can finish life yatras and return back to check on booking status.

Hope TaMo doesn't take the Mahindra's Scorpio N approach in production planning for the Tiago EV.
Old 9th October 2022, 15:26   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r24x7 View Post
Prioritised = only 24 kWH variants will be manufactured for initial months or years. Everyone else booking other variants can finish life yatras and return back to check on booking status.
It could be a boon in disguise. By the time the MR variants are produced, the market could see a few more options on the table to choose from. (Say Punch, Altroz, C3 EV etc).
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks