Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2023, 13:45   #451
JLS
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
- snip -

Also, guys. A very silly question, but the dealership had put Ribbons on the car. I removed them the very next morning, but it was raining and the ribbons have run colour, and there's a mild red imprint in the shape of the whole ribbon across the bonnet. I want to take it up with the dealership, but they are trying to brush the matter away saying it will go away. It's been 18 days and the colour seems the same. It looks quite appalling, and honestly, unacceptable for a new car.

Please advice if I can do something at home without harming the paint coat.
I took delivery a week back, Pristin white color, XZ+ variant. My SA had asked me to remove all ribbons asap and warned me that these may leave marks sometimes. I removed all ribbons first thing after reaching home just before it rained. After seeing your case, I really appreciate advise from my SA and also my good stars that prompted me to take ribbons off.

This is a 1st white car for me and apart from this ribbon mark scare, I have found that white color vehicle is very difficult to maintain in Monsoon, any drive thru puddle, any aggressive driver on road passing you on a wet road, and many such scenarios put dirty spots on car. Lets see how is experience with white color after monsoon.

Regarding your problem of ribbon marks, I believe this should go away with some polishing and waxing. Hope you get desired outcome!

Thanks
JLS
JLS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 13:56   #452
BHPian

Got my Tiago EV Tech Lux pack last month for my better half. Wanted to spend a month with the car before penning my thoughts.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-pxl_20230620_0253025554.jpg

Pros:
Amazing NVH: Cannot being to describe how amazing the lack of noise (or) any vibrations feels in the car. Even luxury ICE engine cars cannot come close. I find the Tiago's NVH as good (or) beter than my sisters superb. Its now a pleasure to listen to Audiobooks with minimal volume and peacefully sit in traffic. Driving the XUV500 now feels like i am driving an industrial equipment (or) an tractor for that matter. XUV500 is now almost un-used and would be used only for really long drives.

If 'built to cost' EV car is this good, this gets me thinking on what USP will luxury brands have to differentiate ? It can only be software & bigger batteries as there is not much to differentiate on the core 'car' experience.

Use as portable AC unit: This is one of intangible benefits in running a EV car for which one needs to own an EV to experience. With the XUV500, there is always a question of "Should i come inside for shop just for AC and act interested in whats happening, or just give the credit card, let the car idle with AC and stay in the car". Now i can have small sleep with AC on without any worries (or) pestering my family on when shopping will be done. No amount of excel sheet calculation can capture these benefits .

Excellent torque: EV cars torque delivery is immediate. The ramp to my parking is a steep 4 feet incline (had over engineered this). My XUV500 cannot climb up the ramp in reverse and have to floor the throttle to climb up in the forward direction. With the Superb, one needs to be careful to not hit the front bumper overhang, and floor the throttle. With the Tiago EV, reverse climbing is not an issue (as you can see from the image), forward, side (or) any angle works with minimal throttle, and its able to climb up without a even a wheel spin. In city driving, the torque is just additive, almost like an go-kart.

Low cost of running: My EB bill has increased only by ~500 Rupees for almost 800 Km of driving + charge taken by the Ola S1 pro Scooter. Planning on keeping a 10-15 Kva Gird connected solar panel so that it will basically be zero cost to drive the car. This also has the added benefit of not worrying about E10/E20, emission norms, taxes, not buying oil sourced from conflict areas & indirectly play a part in perpetuating invasion (however miniscule) and its green for the environment.

Cons:
Poor QC from Tata: Considering that this is the 21st century, I have rigours requirements from a new car like the doors should open (or) close properly, fuel/charge lid will open/close when needed...etc.

Unfortunately, within one month of having this car, the 'right rear door' does not open properly from the outside, and the 'left rear door 'does not open properly from inside (7/10 times).

In-addition, the fuel/charge flap did not open. The car had 15% charge left, and wanted to charge but the flap was stuck. Had to run to a nearby Tata service centre with just 8% charge remaining, who first refused to touch the EV car since its a not 'EV' authorised service centre. After explaining that the car will literally run of battery before reaching the 'EV' centre, they finally relented and fixed the charger flap but no job card as they are not 'allowed' to work on Tiago EV.

Doors, i can live with it and fix in the first service, but the charge flap not opening in a brand new car which was less than a month is not cool. Almost half a day was wasted in waiting for a service centre to open, running with limited charge and finally fighting to fix the issue. This really shakes the confidence on the Tata brand and the kind of Quality assurance which is being done.

Had faced such issues the Indica which i had owned ~2 decades prior and assumed that Tata motors would have come a long way in QC since then.

Apollo tyres are terrible: I guess there are low friction tyres, but they seem to have no friction. They lose traction fast, got one puncture within the first month and its overall terrible (my first puncture on more than a decade, which included cross India trips in Xuv500, Linea and Skoda) . Would have loved to get the Tiago EV with 15inch Alloys and proper tyres.

Last edited by Aceman82 : 30th June 2023 at 13:58.
Aceman82 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 10:12   #453
BHPian

Earlier this year, we sold off both our cars, a 2017 Skoda Octavia L&K and a 2015 Maruti Alto K10 AMT, and got a 2023 BMW M340i LCI.

However, practical constraints of the city alongwith the fact that a 130mm ground clearance car is not really meant for the waterlogged roads that Mumbai in monsoon would offer forced me to look out for a new city car.

Given this would primarily be for daily commute with running of close to 50km a day, we decided to go for a Tata Tiago EV.

In late April, we booked the XT MR variant in Midnight Plum colour with Wasan Motors. At the time, we were told all colours and variants are available for immediate delivery and we would have preference since we'd made the booking.
Since the car was a birthday gift for my wife, I wanted it delivered in June, coinciding with her birthday. So, we agreed that the Midnight Plum XT MR would be delivered by June 2nd week.

Around the last week of May, I contacted them, only to know that there was no car available in XT MR variant, except for White. We didn't want that colour and asked them what other options were there. They said the LR XT Plum variant was available, and we said yes to it the next day. As soon as we said yes, that car suddenly disappeared - with Wasan offering the logic that someone else got allocation of that vehicle.

In the midst of this, my SA at Wasan quit and moved to MG. The new guy was not at all interested in following up or solving our queries on availability. Finally, I was forced to cancel our booking at Wasan and move to Trident Motors.

Trident, initially felt refreshing and were pretty upfront about stock. They said they didn't have the car in stock, but could get me a Signature Teal Blue XT LR by 25 June if I booked it right away.

Since my plans of gifting my wife the car on her birthday were anyway bust and Trident would seemingly deliver the car by month end, I went ahead and booked the car with them.

Sure enough, 25th June wasn't happening. On 23rd, they told me the car had landed in their stockyard. I drove down to Panvel the next day and did the PDI of the car.

Tata Tiago Electric Review-1.jpg

Tata Tiago Electric Review-2.jpg

Apart from a non-functional charging lid release button, everything else was fine. So, I went ahead and paid them the balance amount the same day.

At the time of payment, they said it would take till 25th June for their accounts team to receive the money, registration would ensue and final delivery would happen by 30th June.

I was now really looking forward to the Tiago since monsoons had started and every single day with the M340i on the roads was a risk I really didn't want to take.

On 30th, I called them and enquired on the status of registration since I hadn't received any SMS from the RTO. To my surprise, the SA tells me the car will be delivered only by 3rd July - a total of 11 days since paying the full amount. Apparently, registration was delayed.

Not only was this a breach of commitments, but it doesn't make any sense to me why any dealership need so many days for registration. Especially since invoicing is done.

The only reason I can think of is that the vehicle has gotten damaged in transit from their stockyard and the dealership is trying to cover up by quietly repairing the damage.

So far the experience with Tata Motors hasn't been very good. And this is even before getting the car in hand. I'm a bit concerned if we've made the right choice with this decision.

Am I justified in my fears or is it just me being anal about this given a series of failed commitments from two dealers?
krishnadevjs is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:14   #454
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
So far the experience with Tata Motors hasn't been very good. And this is even before getting the car in hand. I'm a bit concerned if we've made the right choice with this decision.

Am I justified in my fears or is it just me being anal about this given a series of failed commitments from two dealers?
I see your experience with Tata hasn't been great, your worries are somewhat justified, the delay from the dealers' side is indeed worrying, it doesn't take so many days for registration unless there are any public holidays in between. The car in question, however, is an excellent choice and perfect for city drives. So unless the dealer really messed up, ensure the car is in perfect condition and you would be good to go.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:39   #455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Apart from a non-functional charging lid release button, everything else was fine.
Did they make it working? Is it a common problem as another Tiago EV owner faced issues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceman82 View Post
charge flap not opening in a brand new car which was less than a month is not cool. Almost half a day was wasted in waiting for a service centre to open, running with limited charge and finally fighting to fix the issue. This really shakes the confidence on the Tata brand and the kind of Quality assurance which is being done.

Had faced such issues the Indica which i had owned ~2 decades prior and assumed that Tata motors would have come a long way in QC since then.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 13:30   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
I have tried shampoo and this scratch remover gel too. To no avail.

Please dont go overboard with all polished and scratch removers. They are only going to damage the new paint on your new car.

These ribbon colors are usually "not pucca", thats why got transferred from ribbon to the car paint.

Leave the car in bright sunlight for a few days and this ribbon color will be gone from the car paint (tried and tested).
Grr7 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2023, 06:55   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj24 View Post
Hi everyone, I just got the delivery of the Tiago ev LR on 21st of June. After using it for a day i already had about 6 problems with the car.
1.Radiator sound / vibration of full car
2.Knocking sound while start up and switch off
3.Doors not closing properly
4.Charging cap not opening
5. Speakers making rattling noise
6. Hand brake not releasing easily
Anyway, sent it back to the showroom the next day itself to get everything rectified.
They kept the car for a whole week and finally sent it back after countless calls for updates. Most of the issues were rectified but the Fan noise when the AC switches on is still there and because of that I can feel vibration in the cabin. Tata claims that it's normal for this car to have such a loud noise and for the vibration to seep in. Still trying to get it rectified through warranty but even after talking to the head of ev sales for South India, the problem wasn't resolved.
Sad to hear the issues you are facing with new delivery. This is why PDI is important. Not that we get luxury to check everything during PDI, but things like AC, handbreak acceleration, dents and scratches, miles run. Used or factory straight are something we can verify before making the payment. Wish you get it all resolved quickly. I think you should quote the AC issue reported by many here in this forum and demand for immediate replacement without negotiation.

Quote:
The only reason I can think of is that the vehicle has gotten damaged in transit from their stockyard and the dealership is trying to cover up by quietly repairing the damage.

I think you may be right in thinking the car may be damaged before delivery. I faced exactly same experience. The delivery of my vehicle was unnecessarily delayed in the name registration, process and stuff only to realised that my invoice was made week before my payment. So account clearance and registration process seem to be reason for rectify damages during transit. I happen to notice late that top part of my car was repainted. This could explain their delay for the delivery. I had done PDI and had not seen any physical damage, assuming could have happend in stockyard.

Regarding the Lid closing issue. I think the hook of that lid to which the push lock should fit in is very thin. This bends easily and causes either to lock or unlock. I have issue with locking not unlocking. The lid stretches out a bit which obstructs from closing it. I have to bend it inside a bit.
If many who are facing this report it to Tata, may be they will recall and rectify it once in for all.
abacusv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 11:45   #458
BHPian

Got our vehicle on 29th. June. Its top model and we got 3M ceramic coating done with 2 year warranty, and coating every 6 month for 2 years.

Odo had 24km reading, checked chasis and confirmed manufacturing was of June month and year 2023.

Car is incredible, we love it!!!!

While bringing the car home from showroom (4km distance) my father noticed regen wasn't kicking in, however after a bit of running later other day, it slowly started to kick in.

Regarding fit and finish, front passenger door has fitting issues, the door gets closed perfectly, but from outside it looks like door is partially closed, few people even pointed us that on road while driving.

Another issue is the driver side door its finish lining does not align with the back door. No issues while closing boot (some people faced that issue, hence mentioning it).

Both of these (door) issues were written in dealers notes and they have promised to correct it.

Now we took the car yesterday for a drive through highways and villages( a total of 52kms and 25% battery was consumed with AC and front defogger on in between).

We faced a problem : I had doubts regarding tyre pressure since the very beginning, but the dealer assured its perfectly fine.

So we are cruising comfortably at max 30-35kmph (my father drives the car and he hasn't gone above 40kmph), until we started hearing noise from front left tire, it felt as if it was punctured. Luckily found a small puncture shop and he checked pressure and turns out the the PSI level at front left tire had come down to 15! And the rest tires were somewhere around 20-25 PSI.

Inflated all tires up till 30PSI, (we were 3 people in the car with total weight of approx 175kg).

Now after we inflated all the tires with 30PSI, after sometime the iTPMS error popped up on odo!

So again we checked the tire pressure at another place and it was confirmed all levels were still at 30psi !

Still the error won't go and it displayed ' Check Tire, Reset System'.

Called up the dealer associate, he said it was nothing major and that it would go away pressing those buttons on odo. Going to follow up on that issue today with him.

Also there is something I wanted to ask, are these wipers average ? I noticed the windshield wasn't getting wiped properly, hence I will be opting for Bosch frameless wipers, just confirming the sizes, its 22/16 right ?
userAditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 12:05   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post

While bringing the car home from showroom (4km distance) my father noticed regen wasn't kicking in, however after a bit of running later other day, it slowly started to kick in.
On delivery our Nexon EV max was 100% SoC, I am assuming that this was the case
with you as well. Regen starts only after the SoC has dropped to 97 or 98.

Quote:
We faced a problem : I had doubts regarding tyre pressure since the very beginning, but the dealer assured its perfectly fine.

So we are cruising comfortably at max 30-35kmph (my father drives the car and he hasn't gone above 40kmph), until we started hearing noise from front left tire, it felt as if it was punctured. Luckily found a small puncture shop and he checked pressure and turns out the the PSI level at front left tire had come down to 15! And the rest tires were somewhere around 20-25 PSI.

Inflated all tires up till 30PSI, (we were 3 people in the car with total weight of approx 175kg).

Now after we inflated all the tires with 30PSI, after sometime the iTPMS error popped up on odo!
You need to reset the TPMS after you have fixed the puncture (make sure that you have done the fixing properly). The TPMS that comes with Tiago (as well as Nexon Max) is an indirect TPMS and does not have a pressure sensor. It uses the ABS to guess if the tires
have a differential spin (when one tire is underinflated i.e).
electric_eel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2023, 12:15   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post

Regarding fit and finish, front passenger door has fitting issues, the door gets closed perfectly, but from outside it looks like door is partially closed, few people even pointed us that on road while driving.

Still the error won't go and it displayed ' Check Tire, Reset System'.

Regen won't kick in while the battery is at 100%. As it comes down you will start to get regen.

Even i had issues with fit and finish with my rear right door which seemed slightly more recessed, they rectified this at the 1st service. I am not sure how.

TPMS error was faced almost immediately on my way home. They reset it and it came on again after a few days. During the 1st service they called in an expert and either replaced the sensor or rectified the error in another way as i am not facing any issues since driving about 2000 kilometres.
AKINA is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 11:20   #461
BHPian

We booked our Tiago XT MR about 10 days back on Rathyatra. We are told that we will get delivery on 7th. Somehow the new RTO rule is being debated and challenged?

Will post once we get the delivery. I now know what to check when taking delivery. Thanks for the updates.
Old 10th July 2023, 17:07   #462
BHPian

Can someone suggest a dashcam for the Tiago EV please ?
Old 11th July 2023, 09:15   #463
BHPian

Hi everyone. We took the delivery of our Tiago EV XZ MR on 7th. The delivery was a reasonably pleasant experience as the SR had kept the car ready in the morning and the paperwork was done smoothly.

We have been using the car since last 3 days and must say it’s a pretty good little hatchback for the city. We got the charger installation done the next day and the car was charged the first time last night after about 100kms of driving.

I can see that Tata has cut corners in certain components such as charger cap to save costs. Hope things last for long and don’t give issues in near future.

One thing that’s not working properly is the Zconnect app. It has installed properly and does show the car but the status is not updating and is from 26th June. Is there something I need to do to get it to sync? Thanks.
bhargav_dave is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:20   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargav_dave View Post
Hi everyone. We took the delivery of our Tiago EV XZ MR on 7th. The delivery was a reasonably pleasant experience as the SR had kept the car ready in the morning and the paperwork was done smoothly.

We have been using the car since last 3 days and must say it’s a pretty good little hatchback for the city. We got the charger installation done the next day and the car was charged the first time last night after about 100kms of driving.

I can see that Tata has cut corners in certain components such as charger cap to save costs. Hope things last for long and don’t give issues in near future.

One thing that’s not working properly is the Zconnect app. It has installed properly and does show the car but the status is not updating and is from 26th June. Is there something I need to do to get it to sync? Thanks.
Congrats on the purchase , the MR is surely bang for buck for those with 100-120 daily usage under city limits alone. please share with us the actual range you get over time.

Yes the charger flap is flimsy and I am hoping with sufficient complaints TATA will issue a recall, please make some noise with your SA

The Zconnect will work once the KYC is completed by the Dealer. please follow up with the SA, mine took a week's time.
mally2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 09:33   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
Congrats on the purchase , the MR is surely bang for buck for those with 100-120 daily usage under city limits alone. please share with us the actual range you get over time.

Yes the charger flap is flimsy and I am hoping with sufficient complaints TATA will issue a recall, please make some noise with your SA

The Zconnect will work once the KYC is completed by the Dealer. please follow up with the SA, mine took a week's time.
Thanks. I’ll follow up with the SA. I’m hoping the range will improve as we get better with handling the EV driving style.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks