Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2023, 09:41   #406

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Has anyone purchased the Extended Warranty yet, my SA says it is still not available.
Old 20th June 2023, 13:47   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivasblue View Post
Has anyone purchased the Extended Warranty yet, my SA says it is still not available.
We booked the Tiago XZ+ LR at Kamu Motors, Nashik on 15/06/2023. Opted for the extended warranty for
25999/-
Also got the insurance from the dealer at 34000/- (B2B zero depreciation, 3 yrs 3rd party)

The dealer gave us the option to customize the accessories pack as per our requirement. We opted for mud flaps, floor mats, side protection strips and window visors for 4300/-

We decided to opt out of the 3M treatment that was being offered by the dealer for 26,000. I have decided to get the ceramic treatment/ppf done from 3M's authorised outlet in Nashik for 24,000. This includes 3 overcoats for the 1st year.

Last edited by TDCi4Life : 20th June 2023 at 13:50. Reason: Remarks
TDCi4Life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2023, 13:59   #408
BHPian

Quick question about the lack of spare tyre for existing/potential Tiago EV owners :

The Tiago EV will be used by my parents. Dad is 68 years old and the usage will be 80% city and 20% highway. This is going to be their only car. I am not convinced about the utility of the puncture repair kit and don't wish my dad to be inconvenienced in the event of a roadside puncture. We intend to purchase a spare tyre for such contingencies.

Is that a good idea, given the lack of boot space is never really going to be an issue, As the car will be used for Nashik - Mumbai trips very rarely, that too just with a couple of small stroller suitcases?

Tata is providing a 12V portable inflator in their tyre repair kit. Can someone recommend an easy to use, fairly priced, powered portable jack?
Old 20th June 2023, 16:48   #409
BHPian

The torque is really something else. Drove the car at night on sports mode in Delhi ORR yesterday and I was grinning ear to ear. Its unreal to feel such surge in power without any interruptions through gear changes. No auto box even comes close to EV.

Definitely a happy camper right now with my purchase! Might well buy the next EV which Tata announces as my usage is 95% city only and this is much better than CNG/Petrol cars I was running till now as they were all manuals.
Old 20th June 2023, 16:51   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by mally2 View Post
...the association is forward thinking and have installed a 15A socket in 10% of the parking slots randomly
Pics attached
The pic looks like it's a basement parking space, is that correct? The society I live in is quoting some obscure guidelines as to why they can't allow 15A sockets for charging in basement. Lucky you!
Old 20th June 2023, 23:03   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijli View Post
The pic looks like it's a basement parking space, is that correct? The society I live in is quoting some obscure guidelines as to why they can't allow 15A sockets for charging in basement. Lucky you!
Yea in-fact it’s the lower basement there is one above and then it’s the Ground floor. Our association is made up of mostly 30-45 yr olds. It’s a fairly new society.
Old 21st June 2023, 13:59   #412
BHPian

We finally will be receiving our car very soon, after chasis number was recently allotted.

After discussing about accessories and choosing few which I felt right, I asked the dealer regarding lack of 'LED projectors' in any of Tata EV. His answer was LED's are costly and require maintainence, the recent Nexon EV fire case was also a point of discussion where he said, the fan behind those LED's which help them cool down as LED lights also generate heat can malfunction and cause safety hazard, like wires around it getting heated up resulting in a fire.

So its better to not even think about putting LEDs in that 'halogen projectors'. You will find plenty of people and mostly youtubers advertising saying 'Nothing happens and stuff, don;t worry' but if anything happens, remember Tata will highlight that modification in their official release if anything were to happen.

The only thing we can upgrade/modify is the tyre/rim size and changing from normal wipers to frameless wipers for better looks. Thats it!
userAditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 12:26   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussantiago View Post

Just bought my first car, and it's an EV!
Congratulations Marcus, way to go!
Thanks for a very entertaining writers. I would not have expected anything less.
Take care!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 12:29   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
185-195 wh/km for the Nexon seems a little too high, I have averaged 125-135 wh/km 95% of the time in Bangalore traffic and have never seen it go more than 145 anytime. Has it deteriorated over time?
Not really deteriorated. There's a lot of battery sapping activities our car does, ie Idling with AC for longer durations and short bursts of S mode.
I doubt there is a deterioration, but I will still mention this to the Tata Service centre and ask them to check.
frankmehta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 22:14   #415
BHPian

Even if it is installed by the dealer as an OEM item, is it safe to install a front parking sensor in a Tiago EV?

Can an AC fast charger be installed later, and if we move, can we take the installation with us?
FrozeninTime is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 07:00   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Even if it is installed by the dealer as an OEM item, is it safe to install a front parking sensor in a Tiago EV?

Can an AC fast charger be installed later, and if we move, can we take the installation with us?
Even i feel its best to have a sensor installed. Even an Alto 800 had parking sensors as 'safety equipment' but I feel it's imperative to have a parking radar in any car! A camera is just not accurate!
Has anyone installed sensors? I'm OK with getting front sensors too.
Old 23rd June 2023, 10:10   #417
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukash View Post
I believe Bangaloreans are way ahead in the EV journey than rest of us.
Not quite! only 22-25 big apartments support EV chargers/ sockets currently. Hopefully, it changes, but sometimes it is very difficult to convince associations.
Old 23rd June 2023, 10:45   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilarkt View Post
Not quite! only 22-25 big apartments support EV chargers/ sockets currently. Hopefully, it changes, but sometimes it is very difficult to convince associations.

Not necessarily, mine is a very small 120 units society and still association is providing independent wiring from each of our EB meters to parking slots for installations. They have been quite accommodative so far with almost 8-10 residents shifting to EVs in last 6 months. While on the other hand Ola and Ather promised to get charging points installed and the agreement papers never got signed for 12 months 😃
Old 23rd June 2023, 11:22   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi4Life View Post
Quick question about the lack of spare tyre for existing/potential Tiago EV owners :

The Tiago EV will be used by my parents. Dad is 68 years old and the usage will be 80% city and 20% highway. This is going to be their only car. I am not convinced about the utility of the puncture repair kit and don't wish my dad to be inconvenienced in the event of a roadside puncture. We intend to purchase a spare tyre for such contingencies.

Is that a good idea, given the lack of boot space is never really going to be an issue, As the car will be used for Nashik - Mumbai trips very rarely, that too just with a couple of small stroller suitcases?

Tata is providing a 12V portable inflator in their tyre repair kit. Can someone recommend an easy to use, fairly priced, powered portable jack?
I think this product will fullfil all your needs.
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...VND0I91F&psc=1

This works on battery also. No need of 12V port. Of course you need to charge it first. You also have the option of using conventional cigarette lighter port also.
ComicCharcoal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2023, 11:30   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussantiago View Post

Just bought my first car, and it's an EV! !
Very interesting read marcussantiago! Finally your Team-BHP handle makes more sense
I was smiling through out while reading your post! Waiting for your long term review.
K_Drive is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks