Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2023, 15:24   #466
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago Electric Review

Quick update on my Tiago.ev:
  • People have complained that the A/C seems loud. This is true, the A/C does seem loud but it's normal, it's simply because there's no engine sound. However I haven't noticed any vibrations as such. So noise: normal, vibrations: not normal and you should get that checked.
  • The charger cap thing is probably the only really flimsy / poorly built bit on the car. It's noticeably thin and the locking latch thing can be bent by hand. I've noticed that it can be difficult to close sometimes. That said it's not a huge problem and we'll get it looked at on the first service.
  • The trunk door does need to be slammed rather firmly to close it. Again, not a major issue but it's just kind of odd since you can close the doors with minimal effort in comparison.
  • People have noticed that the regen braking doesn't work sometimes. It should be pointed out that regen won't work on a charge above something like 85% / 90%, even though the dash indicates it's active. So when it's close to fully charged, there will be no regen braking. This is normal and mentioned in the manual too.
  • With gentle city driving, we're seeing an average range of about 180 km roughly. Seems in line with what others are reporting and it's fine for our use
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2023, 15:46   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_eel View Post
Regen starts only after the SoC has dropped to 97 or 98.
What happens if the SoC is full and you are driving downhill ?
If there is no regen then there is no 'engine braking'. In that case are brakes need to be used continuously ?
Old 11th July 2023, 15:59   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
If there is no regen then there is no 'engine braking'. In that case are brakes need to be used continuously ?
Unfortunately this is a problem for which I do not really know of a solution other than using the brake which I agree is not really good for the brakes. Nexon EV Max has
hill descent control which you can use when the hill under question is steep but it
too will use the brakes to control the speed.

To be fair this is a rare situation but if you just charged 100% and are preparing to
descent from Ladakh may be just sit around for some time with the heating/cooling on
till the SOC drops to 98%.
Old 11th July 2023, 17:06   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Yes, SOC is full you cannot use regen while going downhill. It is all about planning, if you need to start from Ooty and reach Chennai, charge only upto 80%, by the time you reached the foothills your car will probably reached 90% charge.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 14:28   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Yes, SOC is full you cannot use regen while going downhill. It is all about planning, if you need to start from Ooty and reach Chennai, charge only upto 80%, by the time you reached the foothills your car will probably reached 90% charge.
Planning is the key with EVs currently. Once you know you will be going downhill, it is easy to not charge till 100%.
wocanak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 17:02   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Can someone suggest a dashcam for the Tiago EV please ?
I went with 70mai Pro Plus Dual Channel, tends to get a little hot in summer but working fine till now.
chivasblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 20:03   #472
JLS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chivasblue View Post
I went with 70mai Pro Plus Dual Channel, tends to get a little hot in summer but working fine till now.
Can you please share how you fixed and where you sourced from
Thanks
JLS
Old 12th July 2023, 20:18   #473

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Can you please share how you fixed and where you sourced from
Thanks
JLS
Got it from Amazon
https://www.amazon.in/70mai-A500S-Pl.../dp/B08X2RTJJJ

It comes with a Car Charger with 2 USB ports, connected it via that.
Went to a FNG to tuck up the wire as it involved removing some panels in the back, they used the pry tool which comes along with it. The Service Center said they cannot do it since it is not from TATA.

PS: Don't hardwire it as it will void warranty. Confirmed this from the Showroom as well as Service Center.
chivasblue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 09:40   #474
Senior - BHPian

Had a look at the Tiago EV at the local Tata showroom.

I was surprised by how solid it felt and the solid "thud" while closing the doors. In the interior, I think the plastic quality is acceptable, but nothing great. There is enough space at the front and back, and also in the boot. The under-thigh support could be better at the back.

My brother is looking at the Tiago EV to replace his 8-year old Figo, to be used as a second car. More than 90% of my brother's running is local, and with his daily running, he could even go 2-3 days without having to recharge the Tiago. He already has solar installed at home. The spare capacity is more than enough to charge the car. I can see how the Tiago could be a perfect replacement for the Figo as a city car.

It was my first time in a Tata showroom in probably a decade or more. I think the last time I stepped into a Tata showroom was when Fiat sales were handled by Tata. The showroom experience itself was quite different. We were attended by a sales executive almost immediately. He seemed knowledgeable and was very friendly. My brother was discussing the various options with him. He promptly send us the offer details via Whatsapp. We had a question about the updated feature list on the Nexon for which he initially gave the incorrect answer in the showroom. But, some time after we left the showroom (and well past the closing time of the showroom), he gave us a call, apologised for the mistake and gave the right information

We went to the showroom quite late in the day, and had no appointment for a test drive. We may test drive the car during the next week.
StarrySky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 18:20   #475
BHPian

Today I connected slow charger to my Tiago EV. Even after 3 hrs the battery percentage is still same at 75%. Is it normal?

Also Z connect is not working and still shows vehicle is in factory. KYC was done few days ago. Should I contact showroom or service centre?
Old 15th July 2023, 23:00   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozeninTime View Post
Today I connected slow charger to my Tiago EV. Even after 3 hrs the battery percentage is still same at 75%. Is it normal?

Also Z connect is not working and still shows vehicle is in factory. KYC was done few days ago. Should I contact showroom or service centre?

Full charge from 10-100 takes 9+ hrs with the portable charger? so depends on what % you are charging from.

If it is still showing in factory, KYC is not done. if you just got you car, give it 3-4 days, if it still doesnt work, Showroom has to do kyc.
vj_v3 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2023, 23:03   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj24 View Post
Hi everyone, I just got the delivery of the Tiago ev LR on 21st of June. After using it for a day i already had about 6 problems with the car.
1.Radiator sound / vibration of full car
2.Knocking sound while start up and switch off
3.Doors not closing properly
4.Charging cap not opening
5. Speakers making rattling noise
6. Hand brake not releasing easily

I will just comment about #2. In an EV, the Highvoltage battery is disconnected using a electrical contactor. the Low voltage battery triggers the contactor to ON position when you start the car and disconnects it when you switch off the car. Contactors are technically electromagnetic relays, so they make a popping sound on ON and OFF
vj_v3 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 07:05   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by userAditya View Post
Can someone suggest a dashcam for the Tiago EV please ?
I have installed qubo dashcam. It can be found here.

https://amzn.eu/d/iVV9JU2

It is working fine after some initial hiccups. Apparently, it doesn't support Sandisk memory cards. After replacing the memory card, it is working fine.
abc_xyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 13:20   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
Planning is the key with EVs currently. Once you know you will be going downhill, it is easy to not charge till 100%.
Even otherwise it is better not to charge to 100%.
Batteries are most efficient in 20-90% SOC.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 15:30   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Even otherwise it is better not to charge to 100%.
Batteries are most efficient in 20-90% SOC.
Fyi, this is not applicable for LFP batteries. For Tata batteries cell balancing happens after 95%, so manufacturer recommendation is to charger to 100% everytime wherever possible. Infact even tesla recommends 100% charging on its LFP models.
vj_v3 is online now   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks