Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 21:23   #886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
The F80 is quite good and available at some very cheap prices (5-6k in good shape). The only real shortfall is that doesn't meter with non-AF lenses.
Thanks. That shouldn't be much of a problem as i plan to couple the camera with a 50mm to start with...and i was thinking about getting a new one, learnt that film is absolutely out of fashion at camera market today...

Through there is one cause of worry. A couple of people have warned me that 35mm film is out of production and will no be available very soon. I wonder whether that's true.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:42   #887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibir View Post
The F80 is quite good and available at some very cheap prices (5-6k in good shape). The only real shortfall is that doesnt meter with non-AF lenses.
I totally agree with you on F-80. It's a brilliant film camera and for the price it's available for. It's a great buy for film enthusiasts. Gives fantastic results.
Old 28th April 2009, 21:47   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Through there is one cause of worry. A couple of people have warned me that 35mm film is out of production and will no be available very soon. I wonder whether that's true.
Not true. Film, as well as certain film cameras, are still made.

I shoot some occasionally and have never had any problems in getting print or slide film. However, some of the more exotic ones can be hard to find (as can a lot of other photo accessories in India).
Old 28th April 2009, 21:55   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
Although I have not used the 18-200 myself if its the IS version I suggest you go for it, its a decent price you're getting.
Thanks for the advice dude! will be going to check it out tomorrow - and eventually buy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Did you get this from the US? Which site? Sounds like a good deal
No, a local store here in sweden - unfortunately no online option.

cheers
Old 28th April 2009, 22:26   #890
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
I have the following requirements.
Been suggested the Sony Alpha A-350 body, mainly for two reasons - it has the Live View feature, and a flip-up LCD.

Anyone used it and / or have any opinions about it?
Old 29th April 2009, 00:44   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Been suggested the Sony Alpha A-350 body, mainly for two reasons - it has the Live View feature, and a flip-up LCD.

Anyone used it and / or have any opinions about it?
I'd not opt for it if I was new to DSLR for a simple reason that Sony lenses are hard to come by both in second hand and first hand markets and they are very expensive compared to the similarly priced and placed lenses from likes of Canon or Nikon. Otherwise the camera's are good enough. While the Live View feature is almost a regular feature on DSLR's these days and still hardly any of us use them. Atleast I've not used it for a single shot from the 50D other than trying it out when I got the cam new.

Regards,

Anirban.
Old 29th April 2009, 01:01   #892
Team-BHP Support

I have articulating liveview screen on my E3 which I own since Mar-2008, I am yet to use the liveview feature.
Old 29th April 2009, 02:15   #893
BHPian

How is the D60 + 18-55 VR Nikor + 55-200 VR Nikor + extra Li ion battery for $750 from best buy?

Is this the right set of lenses to start off with or would you suggest something better?

I have to still check the rates of the kits for D40 and Canon 450D. I saw this deal in Best Buy yesterday so wanted an opinion.. so thoughts please guys! I'm looking to make my purchase this week.

Last edited by MC Mayank : 29th April 2009 at 02:16.
Old 29th April 2009, 06:32   #894
BHPian

The combination above is also available on Amazon for roughly $700.

Amazon.com: Nikon D60 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S DX VR and 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor Lens with 2 Nikon School DVDs: Adorama Camera
Old 29th April 2009, 09:54   #895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadVagabond View Post
I'd not opt for it if I was new to DSLR for a simple reason that Sony lenses are hard to come by both in second hand and first hand markets and they are very expensive compared to the similarly priced and placed lenses from likes of Canon or Nikon. Otherwise the camera's are good enough. While the Live View feature is almost a regular feature on DSLR's these days and still hardly any of us use them.
I am given to understand that Tamron / Sigma A-mount lenses are compatible with the Sony A-350, in which case lenses should not be that pricey. In any case, the only lens I need is a 50mm macro. And I'd need both live-view and flip-up screen for the reason given below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have articulating liveview screen on my E3 which I own since Mar-2008, I am yet to use the liveview feature.
I need the articulating/flip-up live-view feature because the camera would be operated in a vertical position, mounted on a microscope. In such a situation, without the flip-up and live-view features, we would end up standing up and peering into the eyepiece every time to click photomicrographs. The E-330 is also a camera under consideration, but I can't seem to find a seller in Delhi for it.
Old 1st May 2009, 17:41   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
How is the D60 + 18-55 VR Nikor + 55-200 VR Nikor + extra Li ion battery for $750 from best buy?

Is this the right set of lenses to start off with or would you suggest something better?

I have to still check the rates of the kits for D40 and Canon 450D. I saw this deal in Best Buy yesterday so wanted an opinion.. so thoughts please guys! I'm looking to make my purchase this week.
As a starter kit it's fine. But try buying it from somewhere else. In my experience Best Buy isn't the best when it come to prices of photo equipment.
Old 2nd May 2009, 21:26   #897
BHPian

Thanks to everyone for their help so far. This is the eventual combination I am looking at for around $650 which includes a bunch of other stuff.

1. Nikon D40
2. Kit 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Lens
3. Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED DX VR Zoom-Nikkor Lens

A lot of ppl have recommended the Canon 450d but I felt that I can get the above combination for about the same price of a 450d with the kit lens. Also, the D60 reviews seem to suggest that the image quality is not quite as good as the D40.

I request your expert thoughts on the combination of lenses I'm going with. Is the 55-200mm lens a good option for a guy making his forray into the DSLR world? The lens adds 200 bucks to the kit. Would someone advice a different lens combination?

Also, the 18-55mm is not VR. Is that going to be a problem?

The package above is available at amazon:
Amazon.com: Nikon D40 Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED II AF-S DX Lens and Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED DX VR Zoom-Nikkor Lens + 4GB SecureDigital (SD) Card: Camera & Photo
Old 3rd May 2009, 13:31   #898
Senior - BHPian

guys, I picked up the 450d on saturday! She really is fantastic

I also got a hi speed 4gb sdhc card and a cover for her.

Now the learning begins!

cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-1.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-2.jpg  

The DSLR Thread-3.jpg  

Old 3rd May 2009, 15:57   #899
BHPian

@Anekho
Congrats! Rock on!
Regards,
TG.
Old 3rd May 2009, 17:40   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueguru View Post
@Anekho
Congrats! Rock on!
Regards,
TG.
thanks!
looking forward to learning photography do's and dont's from you and other members at team-bhp.

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks