Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2008, 16:03   #331
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Elite that I have purchased has got the hardware adapter with 203W,, I guess that one is not with the Falon chip and its prone to the RRoD...

However, I have heard that there are none of the Falcons shipped to India / Asian countries,, and they had been shipping with better heatsing devices in the unit.. is this true! are they still prone to RRoD??

Shall I run the unit for 24x7 a couple of times and see whether the symptoms are showing up? I understand that MS has now 3 years of warranty (by default) for this perticular issue and they would fix / replace the unit with the new one if broken with this issue??
Old 6th January 2008, 20:45   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
@mobike008, you need to copy Music/Pictures/Videos to your usb/flash/external hdd/memory card and insert in your PS3, goto music/pic/video options in the XMB menu , you will see your inserted media, either click it to play it or you may press the Triangle button and it will pop out the options, where you can choose it to copy files to your PS3 HDD.
Alternativey you can also install an we server in your laptop/pc and browse it frm PS3 and download files to PS3.
Thanks, and how do we save the game data on the HDD?
Old 6th January 2008, 21:50   #333
BHPian

I Like PS3 Better then 360,
But just a day after i got NFS Pro-Street, My brother told me the ps3 wasn't working, so we gave it to a sony service center, so two weeks later they call and say, they are going to send a replacement, but now it's been about a MONTH, and still no replacement!
I don't care about when they send it, since i hardy play games(my ds is used about just once a month, and my nintendo wii is disintegrating somewhere in the house! xD) my brother mostly use's the ps3
But I haven't even got to play pro-street yet!
Old 7th January 2008, 09:09   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
I Like PS3 Better then 360,
But just a day after i got NFS Pro-Street, My brother told me the ps3 wasn't working, so we gave it to a sony service center, so two weeks later they call and say, they are going to send a replacement, but now it's been about a MONTH, and still no replacement!
I don't care about when they send it, since i hardy play games(my ds is used about just once a month, and my nintendo wii is disintegrating somewhere in the house! xD) my brother mostly use's the ps3
But I haven't even got to play pro-street yet!
As everyone know, the XBox 360 has its own defects, especially the Ring Of Death. Though they rectified the problem 2 years ago there are some boxes still in circulation in our country. Apart from that they stall and still breakdown not al of them but some of them. I recently had my box run into trouble and called the support guys at Microsoft and guess what, they got it replaced in 2 days after my call and delivered at your doorstep. Not something that I want to face ever again, but with their 3 year replacement warranty I think the new box would also stall sometime in the future, sadly :(.

In a couple of months MS will introduce the XBox with the falcon chip promising customers a flawless machine. My question is if customers with faulty XBox request their replacement box, will MS replace the models with the Falcon box?

Last edited by harmon_bro : 7th January 2008 at 09:11.
Old 7th January 2008, 22:56   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks, and how do we save the game data on the HDD?
You can use the triangle option in the games > saved data utility, and copy the saved game in your External HDD/flash/memory card.

P.S.N - netarchie
Old 8th January 2008, 10:07   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmon_bro View Post
As everyone know, the XBox 360 has its own defects, especially the Ring Of Death. Though they rectified the problem 2 years ago there are some boxes still in circulation in our country. Apart from that they stall and still breakdown not al of them but some of them. I recently had my box run into trouble and called the support guys at Microsoft and guess what, they got it replaced in 2 days after my call and delivered at your doorstep. Not something that I want to face ever again, but with their 3 year replacement warranty I think the new box would also stall sometime in the future, sadly :(.

In a couple of months MS will introduce the XBox with the falcon chip promising customers a flawless machine. My question is if customers with faulty XBox request their replacement box, will MS replace the models with the Falcon box?
Definitely they will, if in case they don't have non-falcon boxes in stocks !!

It's an industry standard you always get an replacement with the on-going latest products (if your replacement is approved), provided no sourcing can be done of the defective part and unit !!

Cheers !!
Old 18th January 2008, 13:45   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Where can we buy PS3 games online in India that are cheaper?

Also, will the PS3 games bought in say pallika bazaar ( delhi) will play on the PS3 console which is got from US?

Please clarify
Old 18th January 2008, 14:00   #338
BHPian

Quote:
will the PS3 games bought in say pallika bazaar ( delhi) will play on the PS3 console which is got from US?
They should, since, unlike the Nintendo Wii, The PS3 is not region coded.
Old 18th January 2008, 14:34   #339
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomUsername View Post
They should, since, unlike the Nintendo Wii, The PS3 is not region coded.
i was under the impression that it needs to be chipped before the PS3 console plays pirated games. I don't know whatever chipped means, i am new to the gaming world
Old 18th January 2008, 15:29   #340
Distinguished - BHPian

Another question i had was do original PS2 games play on the PS3?
Old 18th January 2008, 16:12   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Original PS2 Games work with the ps3, unless you have a 40GB model
Old 18th January 2008, 17:17   #342
BHPian

Quote:
i was under the impression that it needs to be chipped before the PS3 console plays pirated games. I don't know whatever chipped means, i am new to the gaming world
You cannot have chipped version of PS3 yet(they havent found any ways to do so!.) so in short, you cannot play any pirated PS2 / PS3 games on your PS3.

Quote:
Where can we buy PS3 games online in India that are cheaper?

Also, will the PS3 games bought in say pallika bazaar ( delhi) will play on the PS3 console which is got from US?

Please clarify
you could try this site...
Buy Video Games for Consoles and PC - From Japan, Korea and other Regions! - Play-Asia.com
they ship from hong kong to india free of cost. Free shipping take about 1-2 weeks time - the only disadvantage. Otherwise, their prices are in par with prices abroad (in US$). Also make sure you get a US version (English) and not Japanese!.
Old 18th January 2008, 22:55   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ps2 games are region coded, so you can only buy ps2 games from the us and play them on your ps3
Old 18th January 2008, 23:48   #344
Senior - BHPian

XBL Gold membership with console..

Guys,

I was trying to join Xbox Live creating a gamertag. I have a few questions with regards to this. see if you can help.

1> Can I use multiple gamertags with this console (suppose there are two gamers using the same console to XBL)??

2> Once I create the XBL connection and activate XBL silver membership, it also prompts me for the 1 month free gold membership (something like, you are eligible for month gold subscription....); anyone knows if I want to defer this free gold membership for sometime, would that be possible? I want to connecto to XBL silver for now (for downloads and other purpose), but dont want to connect to XBL gold untill I get a few games with me which I can start playing online and also a better boradband connection than what I have currently...

would it be possible to choose the period of 1month once you join XBL Silver and create a gamertag??

Thanks.
Old 20th January 2008, 01:57   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Definitely they will, if in case they don't have non-falcon boxes in stocks !!

It's an industry standard you always get an replacement with the on-going latest products (if your replacement is approved), provided no sourcing can be done of the defective part and unit !!

Cheers !!
I read it yesterday somewhere on the internet, that the ring of death issue is resolved in the boxes which have some HD or HDI input as a feature.
Which means, if the box comes with HD or HDI input, its a new box with non-falcon chipset

I am not able to find that link, will post it soon if i find it

Edit : here is the link : Cnet

Quote:
Since the middle of 2007, it appears that most Xbox 360s have been manufactured with the so-called "Falcon" CPU, a 65nm processor that's said to be smaller, cooler, and more energy efficient than the 90nm version found on earlier 360s. Improved heat sinks in the consoles have also helped cool down newer units as well.
The upshot is that the newest Xbox 360s should be much more reliable than their predecessors. We'd seek out an Xbox 360 with HDMI output when purchasing, both because it's a great feature to have, and because it's a sign that you've got one of the latest models that have been manufactured. Of course, if you've already gotten a non-HDMI model, or a possibly faulty pre-Falcon model, you can at least be confident that Microsoft's expanded warranty won't leave you stuck with a lemon.

Last edited by quadra : 20th January 2008 at 02:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks