Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2015, 16:25   #1426
BHPian

re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

I got PS3 last year when PS4 was already released and don't regret the decision.

The games for PS4 are costly and if you want play all major title released you end up paying almost the purchase price of Ps4 itself.

The games on PS3 very cheap, I picked many AAA titles at 300rs to 1000 rs max.
There are lot of sales on digital games on PS3 itself. Not paid more that 1000 rs for game . Also there is big used games market for PS3 in OLX/Ebay wher you can pick games at 500 rs .

I have yet to play many great titles on PS3 and till date following titles had kept me hooked.

Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Uncharted 1 and 2
Bioshock
GTA 4
Demon's Souls
Dark souls
Far Cry 3

There are many games which I bought in sale but yet to finish
Batman Arkham City
Batman Arkham Asylum
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect 1 and 2
Bioshock 2 and Infinite
Journey

Currently Most of my time is occupied by Dark Souls which is huge and require 100s of hours to complete.

I have big backlog of games but no time to play.
Old 26th December 2015, 23:38   #1427
BHPian

I would like to ask anybody here if they play CSGO? kinda hooked onto it and figured I'd make a few extra friends lol
Old 26th March 2016, 02:20   #1428
BHPian

Anyone still on the PS Vita??
Old 9th June 2017, 00:34   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone brought any console from abroad? How do you carry it? Now that airlines are not allowing any electronic gadget (except mobile) in flight carry-on, how can we safely bring the console to India?
Old 9th June 2017, 08:22   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Has anyone brought any console from abroad? How do you carry it? Now that airlines are not allowing any electronic gadget (except mobile) in flight carry-on, how can we safely bring the console to India?
There's nothing wrong with putting the complete packing inside the check-in luggage if you have space.
Old 14th August 2017, 23:56   #1431
BHPian

Finally, I have fulfilled another childhood dream (I am 27 right now).

All my life I wished I had unlimited access to a PlayStation and not depend on gaming parlors. Now I have it !! PS4 Slim 1 GB (Uncharted + Last of Us collection). Cost: 29k. (Amazon)
Old 14th October 2017, 19:08   #1432
Senior - BHPian

I own a PlayStation 4 500 GB slim console - It came along with bundle of Driveclub, Ratchet and Horizon - sourced from New Games n Gadgets from Jayanagar, Bangalore for a sweet 27k. I exchanged these games with Battlefield 1 as I wasn't a fan of these 3 games. I like FPS games a lot.

Currently playing;
The Division
Far Cry 4

Finished playing;
Call of duty series - pending Black Ops 2 and 3.

Next in line;
Uncharted edition
MGS The definitive experience
Watch dogs 1 & 2
Tom Clancy Wildlands
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege
Old 14th January 2018, 07:18   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
I like FPS games a lot.

Currently playing;
The Division
Far Cry 4
I too am playing Far Cry 4 now. It is excellent so far.
Going by the online videos and gameplay for Far Cry 5, it is going to be another sweet ride
Old 18th January 2018, 14:36   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
I would like to ask anybody here if they play CSGO? kinda hooked onto it and figured I'd make a few extra friends lol
I am a long time CS player, so no exceptions to CS:GO. But off-lately I have been inactive in gaming. Add me on Steam and maybe we can catch up in-game sometime.
Old 14th February 2018, 02:28   #1435

Hey Guys, Great to be on here finally.
Last year finally got myself a Nintendo Switch( Exactly a month after launch)
Procured it from Singapore since Nintendo doesn't sell anymore in India.
Turns out the Retailer there had 10 orders being fulfilled by Nintendo that morning, all of which were pre-sold/pre-ordered by customers. This was early April 2017, 10 am walk into the store(after searching nearly every other gaming store around that area and coming up dry- every unit sold). He tells us he got 10 units that morning, 9 of which had already collected their respective allocations. 2 of which had done it while we were in the store. the last one wasn't picking up his phones. The shopkeeper seemed rather peeved with this last pre-order holder. We were in there maybe 2-3 more minutes, he offers us the last bundle for the same retail rate(no -mark up) except that there were getting all units as bundles namely:

Nintendo Switch + Zelda: Breath of the Wild+ 1-2 Switch for equivalent INR 33,000

We bargained a bit though he didn't budge on the price, he offered to include 6 amiibo.
I agreed whole heartedly.

Have Racked up nearly 180 Hours on Zelda so far. The switch is perfect for short bursts of gameplay which I love especially before and after work.
I am however paranoid of breaking it so I primarily use it in docked mode on occasion un-docked.

Got Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last September, put in 40 hours of so in there.
Love the little device.

Been a PC gamer most of my life. Had a Sega Master system way back in the 90s which lasted all of a few months until my cousin came along and decided to use it as a football :( Games were hard to come by for it as well. Just had 3 games which came with it. Those were the days the Nintendo NES and SNES were cloned by companies like Media if i remember correctly, and 999 in one cartridges were easily available which everyone around me had.
Old 19th March 2018, 10:02   #1436
BHPian

Anyone using the xbox one s with a 1080p TV? Do you really need a 4k tv with HDR for the xbox one or the 1080p is good enough?
Old 19th March 2018, 10:09   #1437
Senior - BHPian

XBOX One is 4K optimzed! I had 1080P connected earlier but with 4K, which we got now, its really an astounding experience. You should upgrade your TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Anyone using the xbox one s with a 1080p TV? Do you really need a 4k tv with HDR for the xbox one or the 1080p is good enough?
Old 20th March 2018, 08:41   #1438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
XBOX One is 4K optimzed! I had 1080P connected earlier but with 4K, which we got now, its really an astounding experience. You should upgrade your TV.
I can't upgrade my TV at this time. It's not even 2 years old. I think I will just postpone my xbox one purchase. Save myself a lot of money
Old 20th March 2018, 09:28   #1439
BHPian

Even I was thinking of purchasing an Xbox One X, but held of the purchase solely because I cannot afford to change my tv as well along with it. The xbox one x costs about 50k with one extra controller and one game which is so absurd.

Waiting for a while. Have pushed my purchase back till June
Old 17th April 2018, 00:14   #1440
BHPian

Can anyone guide me on a PS4 Pro console model to purchase. I am seeing that the normal PS4 Pro console and a limited edition Star wars or God of War edition are priced the same. The difference is that the limited editions have a free game and body coloring of the console itself. Am I missing any other difference? Makes sense to then buy the limited edition packages I suppose. I am looking at bestbuy.com.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks