Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2018, 04:12   #1441
BHPian

re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

I am using a PS3 since 2 years now. It's a slim 160 GB model. I have moved to University in UK and tried hooking up the PS3 to the wifi and it would not recognize it. Now I did some reading up and I found that Sony has banned access to University WiFis. But then I tried connecting LAN to it via the ports and it still is not working. Any workaround? Really bored of playing offline. :(
Old 17th April 2018, 07:06   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadGlide View Post
I am using a PS3 since 2 years now. It's a slim 160 GB model. I have moved to University in UK and tried hooking up the PS3 to the wifi and it would not recognize it. Now I did some reading up and I found that Sony has banned access to University WiFis. But then I tried connecting LAN to it via the ports and it still is not working. Any workaround? Really bored of playing offline. :(

If you have a laptop, you can connect it via LAN, and convert the laptop into a hotspot, using connectify. If that doesnt work, then you will have to get your own internet connection.
Old 17th April 2018, 17:32   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Anyone using the xbox one s with a 1080p TV? Do you really need a 4k tv with HDR for the xbox one or the 1080p is good enough?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
XBOX One is 4K optimzed! I had 1080P connected earlier but with 4K, which we got now, its really an astounding experience. You should upgrade your TV.
I thought I am the only one gaming on the Xbox. The Xbox One Upscales to 4K when you use a 4K TV. But the Xbox One X has Native 4K which looks richer and feels amazing.

Currently I shifted to a new house, thought lets go all out. So my current setup is something like this:
1. Xbox One X
2. Mi TV 4 55"
3. Thrustmaster TMX with force feedback
4. Blaupunkt SBW-01

Most of the games got an update for 4K, so will start playing them again. Forza Motorsport 7 is absolutely amazing in 4K with HDR, must experience to know it. But finding it difficult to play with the TMX, force feedback kicks are outrageous.

Currently playing F1 2017 with the TMX since it is F1 season, and it feels really great.

Partying shot.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-29402889_192458194696944_6756224813510950912_n.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 7th June 2018 at 19:17. Reason: Please use the Classifieds section for Sales/Purchases. Thanks!
Old 18th April 2018, 03:41   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
If you have a laptop, you can connect it via LAN, and convert the laptop into a hotspot, using connectify. If that doesnt work, then you will have to get your own internet connection.
Thank you very much. My laptop is a Macbook Air so no LAN ports. :( Ah I guess offline it is!
Old 18th April 2018, 05:12   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much. My laptop is a Macbook Air so no LAN ports. :( Ah I guess offline it is!

Try doing that once with a friends laptop. I too have a Macbook Pro, and got a thunderbolt to LAN adapter, for the rare chances that I might need to use one :-)
Old 18th April 2018, 20:00   #1446
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
you can try with below USB to LAN converter.

https://www.amazon.in/Enter-Adapter-.../dp/B00DVHQBBG
Old 9th May 2018, 20:20   #1447
BHPian

Hi Guys,

My son has a PS4 (Slim) which has stopped working. One day it was fine and the next day dead!! Does anyone know a reputable repair person in the Western Suburbs of Bombay here I can get this repaired?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
SS
Old 7th June 2018, 17:23   #1448
BHPian

Picked up the Xbox One S two weeks back along with 4-5 games. Feel free to ask about games/console etc.
Old 12th June 2018, 10:32   #1449
BHPian

The Last of Us 2 gameplay trailer from Sony at E3 2018.

Can’t wait to see how Ellie and Joel have evolved, and the ramifications of the ambiguous ending of the first game.

Last edited by Pequod : 12th June 2018 at 10:32. Reason: Grammar!
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:49   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

My son has a PS4 (Slim) which has stopped working. One day it was fine and the next day dead!! Does anyone know a reputable repair person in the Western Suburbs of Bombay here I can get this repaired?
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
SS
There is a guy named Nikesh, he repairs Xbox and PS, I got my Xbox 360 RGH modded from him. You can check online for NGB repairs, he's located in Santa Cruz.
You can get the address online and contact him via WhatsApp.
I am putting up the link to his website.

http://www.ngbrepairs.com

Hope it helps.
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:50   #1451
Senior - BHPian

I am playing 'Middle earth:shadow of mordor Game of the year edition' on xbox one S, and it's really addicting! I recommend this to anyone who love sword action/fighting game. Too much button mashing, but chopping off gangs of Uruks is very satisfying.

Last edited by ani_meher : 2nd July 2018 at 18:51.
Old 3rd July 2018, 23:21   #1452
BHPian

A short review of games played so far this year.

Far Cry 5 - Simply outstanding. Blows FC 4 & FC Primal away. Some consider this as good as FC 3 which is supposedly the best in the series. No more climbing towers etc.
One tip - try and speak to as many NPC as you can, they share tips and give you additional quests.

Assassins Creed Origins - By far the best in the AC series. Game play is smoother and everything is more concise. Eagerly awaiting AC Odyssey which is releasing this October.

Currently playing God Of War 2018. A superb experience so far. Kratos is assisted by his son Atreus here and so far it has been a smooth ride.

Here is the trailer for AC Odyssey.

AC Odyssey early gameplay

Old 3rd August 2018, 10:01   #1453
BHPian

God of War is the Fastest-Selling Exclusive in PlayStation History

Quote:
Speaking to IGN after the June report came out yesterday, the NPD Group’s Mat Piscatella went on to say that God of War isn’t just the fastest-selling exclusive on the PS4, but is instead now the fast-selling in the history of PlayStation according to their numbers.

It’ll be interesting to see how Marvel’s Spider-Man fares when it launches exclusively on PS4 next month.....
Link
Old 8th August 2018, 12:44   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis_vaz View Post
There is a guy named Nikesh, he repairs Xbox and PS, I got my Xbox 360 RGH modded from him. You can check online for NGB repairs, he's located in Santa Cruz.
You can get the address online and contact him via WhatsApp.
I am putting up the link to his website.

http://www.ngbrepairs.com

Hope it helps.
Hi Francis,
So, I gave the PS4 to Nikesh and he returned it fully repaired and working after about 4 to 5 days. Seems to be a very knowledgeable person with regards to the PS4 and he had at least 15 to 20 sets in his room waiting for repairs. I am quite happy with the job he has done though I did find him to be quite expensive. However, I have no idea about what repairs for a PS4 cost so I may be mistaken here. He also offers a 2 month warranty on his repairs. I have not been able to test out the set much as my son is out of India and I have no clue about PS4 games.

Regards,
SS
Old 9th August 2018, 18:04   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Can anyone guide me on a PS4 Pro console model to purchase. I am seeing that the normal PS4 Pro console and a limited edition Star wars or God of War edition are priced the same. The difference is that the limited editions have a free game and body coloring of the console itself. Am I missing any other difference? Makes sense to then buy the limited edition packages I suppose. I am looking at bestbuy.com.
I picked up PS4 Pro and an additional remote from Malaysia for 32k INR including 4% currency conversion card charges.
Unbeatabe to get it from there , try if you have someone there who can procure it for you.

I have hooked it up with a 65" Samsung FHD LED Plasma and Logitech Z5500.. the combo is insane, however will upgrade to a Mi LED projector or 55" 4K TV soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks