Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 22:38   #601
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

Hello nibedk, you should look at the garmin venu series which seem specifically targeted to women who like wearing classy watches aa opposed to digital looking smart watches.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 23:35   #602
Senior - BHPian

I don't like smart watches. I don't like digital or even analog quartz watches. My choice is always mechanical. But I have been gifted a smartwatch (Fcuk) by someone close and so am wearing it.

How accurate are the Bp and O2 level readings? Can one rely on them? As a hypertensive on medication, my Bp reading on the smartwatch appears to be very very optimistic. Actually it seems I don't even require medication any more! That optimistic!

Last edited by Gansan : 14th September 2021 at 23:36.
Old 15th September 2021, 00:06   #603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post

So the need is a watch which provides a premium experiecne, is good at tracking (if not the best) and provides a fulsome smart watch experiecne without any exceptions. In case there are no such Android watch I am ok to get the best tracker as well.
Check out Amazfit Gts Mini 2.
I believe it will meet most of your expectations.
Old 15th September 2021, 00:15   #604
BHPian

I have been using a Galaxy Watch for more than 2 years now. The watch has been my daily wear ever since it replaced the Moto Watch. Since last few days I have been observing that the battery does not last more than 24 hours. I stopped the automatic heart monitoring and kept it on max battery saving but still I don't get more than a day.
I wanted to replace the battery and took it to the Samsung gallery. They agreed to order a replacement battery but couldn't as I had bought my watch from out of India. Now they are flatly refusing to replace it.
I really don't know what to do now. I don't want to give up my watch as there is nothing wrong with it other than a weak battery. Any other solution for this? Has any one replaced the battery in their galaxy watch?

Last edited by Sheel : 16th September 2021 at 12:28. Reason: Typo. Please proof read before submitting your replies. Thanks.
Old 15th September 2021, 10:07   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Yes it will be, should have pre ordered though you missed out on getting couple of straps at 500 rupees or galaxy buds pro at 5999
A lot of things in life i should have. Heh! Don't really miss the straps as i am planning to get the spigen rugged strap/case anyway or a supcase one if they launch.

Buds pro is also something i won't miss. Now if it was a wireless charger or their uv box then yeah i would have felt lucked out

Got watch at 23k.
Old 15th September 2021, 10:16   #606
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
A lot of things in life i should have. Heh! Don't really miss the straps as i am planning to get the spigen rugged strap/case anyway or a supcase one if they launch.

Buds pro is also something i won't miss. Now if it was a wireless charger or their uv box then yeah i would have felt lucked out

Got watch at 23k.
Well true that, but it was so close to the date. The quality of straps is pretty decent, the buds, ya who cares about them

Also you do have an option to pick duo charger (phone + watch) + one strap at 549 rupees, the one that I will pick. It's a steal actually.

Watch is pretty good, and battery life is almost close to 2 days with pretty much everything on, except the always on display. Do check the YouTube hack to enable ECG and BP features on the watch.

Last edited by AtheK : 15th September 2021 at 10:18.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 19:09   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Suggestion for a good smart watch for wife to be gifted on her birthday.

Oppo - Looks like a Apple watch and looks premium as well
Mi - Doesn't look feminine
Fitbit - Versa and Sense - somehow round dial of Samsung looks more feminine than Fitbit's squarish face. Will miss some features as well. But overall better watch for health tracking.
Garmin's - The best trackers. Period but don't think are polished smart watches. May not be very feminine for daily use.
Honor and Huawei V6 - Both seem to pack a lot for under 7 K. Are they worth it? Any feedback. If the Mi watch is anything to go by these should be absolute VFM. Somehow I am liking the rectangular face. Not sure of it will look good on thinner wrists.
Fossil/Tic watch/One Plus/Amazfit and host of other such watches - Not sure if the overall experience is polished enough
Anyone has experiecne with Fitbit Sense? How does the premium subscription work? Is it worth the price as most of the incremental features of Sense is tied to premium subscription. Else Versa 3 makes more sense.

How do they compare to Samsung watches. Watch4 is top of my list but 2 things which matters - Google assistant and at least 4-5 days battery life are the bone of contention. The 40 mm once will have still lesser battery life (may be around a day). Fitbits will last for 5-6 days which is like weekend charging.

The third option would be buy one of the Amazfits as they look extremely VFMs. Specific feedback from owners will help in deciding.
Old 15th September 2021, 19:14   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hello nibedk, you should look at the garmin venu series which seem specifically targeted to women who like wearing classy watches aa opposed to digital looking smart watches.
Garmins no doubt as health watches are at the top of the heap. But the smartwatch experiecne still isn't as polished as Samsung I believe. I may have considered that but wife isnt much of a techno person. Galaxy Watch 4 and Fitbit is what I am considering. Amazfit is also in the mix. Reading through the reviews and these are almost 50% down compared to Samsung and Fitbit. Will need to make a decision soon. Have around 4 weeks to make a decision.
Old 16th September 2021, 12:14   #609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So the need is a watch which provides a premium experiecne, is good at tracking (if not the best) and provides a fulsome smart watch experiecne without any exceptions. In case there are no such Android watch I am ok to get the best tracker as well.
I gifted my sis with Amazfit GTS 2 mini and she is super happy with it. It is perfect size watch for small wrists, plus you get feminine color options. Watch is light weight with about 10-12 days battery life with regular usage. It has smartwatch features plus plenty of fitness tracking options too. Amazfit app is also neat and very informative. Finally is has Alexa Built in where many functions of the watch can be operated through voice commands. And its is reasonably priced for what it as offering.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 13:32   #610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I took a leap of faith and booked the Samsung Watch 4.
Are you using it with a Samsung phone ? If no, how is the compatilbility ?
Old 16th September 2021, 13:39   #611
BHPian

Quote:
Garmins no doubt as health watches are at the top of the heap. But the smartwatch experiecne still isn't as polished as Samsung I believe. I may have considered that but wife isnt much of a techno person. Galaxy Watch 4 and Fitbit is what I am considering. Amazfit is also in the mix. Reading through the reviews and these are almost 50% down compared to Samsung and Fitbit. Will need to make a decision soon. Have around 4 weeks to make a decision.
Highly recommend a Fitbit. Have been using for 2 years, paired with my iphone. Just love the interface and the stats. On top of it, something coming from Samsung might best work with Samsung, but no such constraints on Fitbit. Versa 3 was launched recently in India and you could look into it.
warrioraks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 14:50   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Highly recommend a Fitbit. Have been using for 2 years, paired with my iphone. Just love the interface and the stats. On top of it, something coming from Samsung might best work with Samsung, but no such constraints on Fitbit. Versa 3 was launched recently in India and you could look into it.
Any feedback on Sense? and the premium subscription? That would be super helpful
Old 16th September 2021, 17:44   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Any feedback on Sense? and the premium subscription? That would be super helpful
I use a Versa 2.
But I had checked out Sense in a Croma store few months back. The demo piece was not able to generate ECG despite multiple tries. Not sure if it is blocked for India or it was a problem with the demo piece. The Croma fitbit representative had already left for the day and no one else around had a clue. But it certainly felt way more premium than my Versa 2.

Considering the price different is only a few thousand rupees between Sense and Versa 3, I think it makes for a compelling case to explore both options in a nearby store and decide.

Regarding premium subscription, I haven't tried it even though they keep giving me 90 days free trial. Everything that I need is available without this subscription and that is why I like Fitbit. Just pay for hardware once and no need to worry about monthly/yearly subscription costs.
Now compare this with Apple watch (my wife has it), the stats are basic and if you need anything extra, you need to buy an app which becomes a recurring expense.

In my books, the only reason to NOT go for Fitbit is if you want tight integration with your phone (taking calls, texting on the watch, etc) OR if you are a (Garmin type) power user. I am neither.
Old 16th September 2021, 21:06   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I use a Versa 2.
But I had checked out Sense in a Croma store few months back. The demo piece was not able to generate ECG despite multiple tries. Not sure if it is blocked for India or it was a problem with the demo piece. The Croma fitbit representative had already left for the day and no one else around had a clue. But it certainly felt way more premium than my Versa 2.

Considering the price different is only a few thousand rupees between Sense and Versa 3, I think it makes for a compelling case to explore both options in a nearby store and decide.

Regarding premium subscription, I haven't tried it even though they keep giving me 90 days free trial. Everything that I need is available without this subscription and that is why I like Fitbit. Just pay for hardware once and no need to worry about monthly/yearly subscription costs.
Now compare this with Apple watch (my wife has it), the stats are basic and if you need anything extra, you need to buy an app which becomes a recurring expense.

In my books, the only reason to NOT go for Fitbit is if you want tight integration with your phone (taking calls, texting on the watch, etc) OR if you are a (Garmin type) power user. I am neither.
Believe most premium features comes with premium subscription. That's why I put the question. I believe every additional feature Sense has over Versa works with premium subscription only. Hence wanted to understand what all features are dependent on the subscription. And if the subscription is worth it.

Haven't found a review which call out what all such features are there and what's the cost of subscription. Integration of Google assistant and better battery life are the 2 considerations where Fitbit is ahead of Watch 4.

If not I will look at Versa 3 and compare with Watch 4. Watch 4 is anyway superior to Versa 3 and even Sense but the poor battery life and shitty Bixby is what stopping me from investing on it.
Old 16th September 2021, 22:52   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Believe most premium features comes with premium subscription. That's why I put the question. I believe every additional feature Sense has over Versa works with premium subscription only. Hence wanted to understand what all features are dependent on the subscription. And if the subscription is worth it.

Haven't found a review which call out what all such features are there and what's the cost of subscription. Integration of Google assistant and better battery life are the 2 considerations where Fitbit is ahead of Watch 4.
Here is a screenshot of premium features from the app. Nothing premium IMHO about those things. My guess is the advanced features (ecg, mood detection, etc) of Sense should work without a premium subscription. Cost of subscription is 999 per year after trial period. You can write to Fitbit on their FB page for a confirmation. They were responsive when I enquired about availability of Sense few months back.

PS: my parents have Huawei fitness bands (costing 1/5th of my Fitbit). The stats on their app are not very different from what I see on Fitbit. They are very happy with it.

Honestly these watches/bands are apparels first so whether you buy Samsung or Fitbit or something else, go for something that suits the wrist of the person and something they would want to carry it everyday. Samsung watch 4 and Sense look very different so do not take this decision just based on features.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-9f65d28b675545a3aa04f0619fbecbca.png  

Last edited by warrioraks : 16th September 2021 at 23:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks