Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 21:15   #541
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
Is there a fitness band, that allows you to switch the bluetooth off/on easily? Smartwatches with airplane mode, are too thick to be worn and forgotten, while the cheap bands are all always on.
I switch on the bluetooth on 'AmazFit Bip S' ONLY for update of stats, rest of the time it is always switched off.
Old 29th June 2021, 12:23   #542
Senior - BHPian

I've always stayed on the fence and never jumped fully into Smart watches. Closest I got was to use a Fossil Hybrid smart watch with the smartness being the fitness tracking at best.

Got myself a Suunto 7 which is a fitness Smartwatch running Wear OS and I'm now liking it. The wear OS part of the watch is quite standard fare obviously but the Sunnto App for fitness is quite nice. Can't say I've used all of it's features just yet since it's been only 2 days. Will update when I get more familiar with it.
Old 1st July 2021, 16:51   #543
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be availability issues with Honor Products. They launched the Honor Band 6 after much delay in India and I don't see it in stock anymore at all on Flipkart: Link

Anybody has ideas if this would be made available again?
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:23   #544
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Guys,

I had my eyes on this Casio Watch: https://www.business-standard.com/ar...0601300_1.html

https://www.casioindiashop.com/Watch...oor-Watch.html

Figured would be useful to track all my fitness activities as well. Keeps coming on sale now and then. Just waiting for a deep one.

Are there comparable watches in this range from other manufacturers I should look at? Something from Garmin etc? I am just lost in this whirlpool of smart watches. I don't need all the WhatsApp/FB nonsense on my watch.

Last edited by Red Liner : 3rd July 2021 at 12:30.
Old 3rd July 2021, 12:49   #545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Are there comparable watches in this range from other manufacturers I should look at? Something from Garmin etc? I am just lost in this whirlpool of smart watches. I don't need all the WhatsApp/FB nonsense on my watch.
If you are looking at a fitness tracker then I would suggest you get a Garmin. Check out the Vivoactive series.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:58   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are you looking at smart watches which can also double up as fitness trackers? Or are you looking at serious fitness watches. If its the later category thats where Garmin comes in.

Yes they do have nice smart watches too.
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:47   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Are you looking at smart watches which can also double up as fitness trackers? Or are you looking at serious fitness watches. If its the later category thats where Garmin comes in.

Yes they do have nice smart watches too.
Thank you and graaja.

I am still veering towards Casio. I looked up the garmins and the 20k range ones seemed plasticky atleast when seen on pictures.

I guess smart watches which double up as fitness trackers make more sense for my entry level life.
Old 3rd July 2021, 20:04   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you and graaja.

I am still veering towards Casio. I looked up the garmins and the 20k range ones seemed plasticky atleast when seen on pictures.

I guess smart watches which double up as fitness trackers make more sense for my entry level life.
The highest end Sports watch by Garmin (945) is also Plastic! And costs upwards of 50K! Also they dont have touch screens and are button based. And still entire endurance community goes for it.

Thats why I had asked earlier what is that you want with the watch? A solid watch which is more an endurance/athlete watch or a nice looking metallic smartwatch which can also double up as a tracker.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd July 2021 at 22:40.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 20:09   #549
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The highest end Sports watch by Garmin (945) is also Plastic! And costs upwards of 50K! Also they dont have touch screens and are button based. And still entire endurance community goes for it.

Thats why I had asked earlier what is that you want with the watch? A solid watch which is more an endurance/athlete watch or a nice looking metallic smartwatch which can also doubles up as a tracker.
Hmm. I think i need to think this over a bit more. If i just want some fitness thing, then all I need is a band isn't it. But i also don't care for the whatsapp and social media on the watch. Its annoying.

This is where i think the Casio hits a sweet spot. Wonder when google is going to launch its apple competitor. They are so late to the party.
Old 3rd July 2021, 22:47   #550
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hmm. I think i need to think this over a bit more. If i just want some fitness thing, then all I need is a band isn't it. But i also don't care for the whatsapp and social media on the watch. Its annoying.

This is where i think the Casio hits a sweet spot. Wonder when google is going to launch its apple competitor. They are so late to the party.
Like I had mentioned earlier to Behmoth's post even I love watches. Have a good collection. But once you get on to a fitness lifestyle its not easy to let go! I have had a Vivoactive 3 earlier. And after some years took the plunge and went with 945. I thought a lot about Fenix series but later gave up in favour of 945. If you plan to really go to fitness route and are serious tracking your metrics, in my opinion Garmin is really good. The entire XX-45 series is an awesome collection depending on budget. 45/245/645/745/945.

All the good watches are still with me. But the garmin just never gets off my wrist.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 12:45   #551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Like I had mentioned earlier to Behmoth's post even I love watches. Have a good collection. But once you get on to a fitness lifestyle its not easy to let go! I have had a Vivoactive 3 earlier. And after some years took the plunge and went with 945. I thought a lot about Fenix series but later gave up in favour of 945. If you plan to really go to fitness route and are serious tracking your metrics, in my opinion Garmin is really good. The entire XX-45 series is an awesome collection depending on budget. 45/245/645/745/945.

All the good watches are still with me. But the garmin just never gets off my wrist.
Does the Garmin Venu 2 make sense? What are all your takes on it?

Last edited by Red Liner : 4th July 2021 at 12:48.
Old 4th July 2021, 13:03   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does the Garmin Venu 2 make sense? What are all your takes on it?
Now thats a difficult question! Because this will now bring in comparison with rest of smart watches.

I have heard a lot of good about Venu series though. But still dont have enough details to comment on it.

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2021 at 06:17. Reason: typo fixed
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 13:18   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now thats a difficult question! Because this will now bring in comparison with rest of smart watches.

I have head a lot of good about Venu series though. But still dont have enough details to comment on it.
Online reviews seem to have good things to say about it. About 30k for a full on smart watch with all the fitness stuff thrown in is palatable for me. Wonder if anyone in the forum has one?
Old 5th July 2021, 10:50   #554
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Attachment 2067138
Anniversary gifting requires a return gift too, so that became Garmin Forerunner 45 for the wife. Now I feel T-Rex is like an old TV on my wrist
How’s the T. rex working for you so far? Are you still with it? Value prop seems amazing for this watch. Does it make sense to get the pro as a fitness tracker first and smart watch later?
Old 5th July 2021, 11:47   #555
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
How’s the T. rex working for you so far? Are you still with it? Value prop seems amazing for this watch. Does it make sense to get the pro as a fitness tracker first and smart watch later?
Its reported to be good by the buyer who took it from me. I moved to Garmin Forerunner 45 within a week of buying T-Rex as I liked its functions and compact look on wrist
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks