Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2021, 13:20   #556
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Now thats a difficult question! Because this will now bring in comparison with rest of smart watches.

I have heard a lot of good about Venu series though. But still, don't have enough details to comment on it.
Its interesting to see Garmin being the big father of all the fitness trackers. I got a Vivoactive 4 last year for my birthday and I moved away from my Fibit Versa to Vivoactive 4. Most of the statistics match. The only issue I have with the Vivoactive is the GPS tracking. While Versae doesn't have it, the Vivoactive GPS tracker does not track the running map/distance. For e.g. the Nike Run app shows let us say 7km, while the Vivoactive shows 4km. I then took the help of an osiometer from my building association to check the distance and it came up to 6.92km. I then used my fitbit and checked the same and it showed the distance as 6.9k. Lastly, i checked the stride length of both Fitbit and Vivoactive to make sure they are the same

So my question now is how reliable is Vivoactive? Are there some changes that need to be made to make sure the GPS is working fine. I have the GPS and Glosnas enabled
Old 5th July 2021, 13:27   #557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subraiyr View Post
So my question now is how reliable is Vivoactive? Are there some changes that need to be made to make sure the GPS is working fine. I have the GPS and Glosnas enabled
Most trackers will error out if you run in a loop like say in a stadium. But surely its not that bad like what you saw. I had VA-3 which lost 400-500m over a distance of 7km (~850m loop).

So definitely I have not seen that bad a result with VA series. But the findings were consistent for mine. It used the clock the same distance everyday.

With X45 series I could see this error got fixed thanks to better GPS I guess (it now has a GLONASS)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 14:12   #558
BHPian

Quote:
Most trackers will error out if you run in a loop like say in a stadium. But surely its not that bad like what you saw. I had VA-3 which lost 400-500m over a distance of 7km (~850m loop).
Thanks. I run a loop with a very short loop of 500m, thanks to Covid and the fear of running on open roads without a mask. I did try multiple resets but it still refuses. It touches the 1k mark when i complete about 3.5 loops or nearly 1.6k. Need to figure out a fix, else i will be forced to switch back to a Fitbit
Old 6th July 2021, 08:54   #559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now thats a difficult question! Because this will now bring in comparison with rest of smart watches.

I have heard a lot of good about Venu series though. But still dont have enough details to comment on it.
42k for the Garmin Venu 2. You have to be freaking kidding me man. When the same damn thing is available for 28k retail price and probably way cheaper on deals abroad. Ridiculous!

I got the Trex Pro. So far so good. I have no intention to spend such crazy money on a plastic Garmin which is also made in China!
Old 6th July 2021, 09:29   #560
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
42k for the Garmin Venu 2. You have to be freaking kidding me man. When the same damn thing is available for 28k retail price and probably way cheaper on deals abroad. Ridiculous!

I got the Trex Pro. So far so good. I have no intention to spend such crazy money on a plastic Garmin which is also made in China!
True. Garmin watches are crazily priced - maybe because of the import duties. If you are seriously into sport tracking, then they are totally worth the price. But for recreational purposes, they definitely do not justify the price.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 11:24   #561
BHPian

Team,

Couple of weeks back I had ordered an Amazfit GTS2 Mini smartwatch from Amazon. At the time it was unboxed it had 40% charge and was showing the QR code for pairing. For info, my phone is a Moto X4 2018 vintage. I had already downloaded the Zepp app as instructed in the manual. Upon scanning the QR code, the software in the watch updated and then it went dead. It won't switch on at all. I also tried plugging in the charger, but it wouldn't show the charging icon so I didn't continue. The app just kept buffering with "connecting" showing up. I raised a return request and got the refund as well.
Now, I really liked that watch for the price and wanted to order again, but worried if the same issue will crop-up again. Is it something to do with Bluetooth compatibility between the latest one on the watch and old one on my phone? I am now skeptical of ordering any of these new smartwatches. The only fitness band I ever used was the 1st gen Mi-band.

Last edited by rajivr1612 : 12th August 2021 at 11:25.
Old 12th August 2021, 11:37   #562
BHPian

I own a Amazfit GTS 2 Mini as well as a Oppo Watch 41mm.

Functionality wise, the Oppo Watch is obviously superior to the GTS 2 Mini, cause it runs on Google's Wear OS. But the battery life is nowhere even close to the GTS 2 Mini. Even with this issue, I now daily use the Oppo Watch.

GTS 2 Mini is a good watch with basic to Mid level functionality . But it has a typical problem of freezing on a black screen without warning and then after a while, it gets back to being normal. Now I would rather sell my GTS 2 Mini. I no longer find it useful.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 12:41   #563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team,

Now, I really liked that watch for the price and wanted to order again, but worried if the same issue will crop-up again. Is it something to do with Bluetooth compatibility between the latest one on the watch and old one on my phone? I am now skeptical of ordering any of these new smartwatches. The only fitness band I ever used was the 1st gen Mi-band.
We also got a the same smart watch towards the end of June. It was paired with OnePlus 6 running Android 10. We faced no issues during the upgrade of the firmware on the Smart Watch.

Second watch was also paired with OnePlus 7t running Android 11, Firmware upgrade smoothly here as well.
drivingmelody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:15   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team,

Couple of weeks back I had ordered an Amazfit GTS2 Mini smartwatch from Amazon. At the time it was unboxed it had 40% charge and was showing the QR code for pairing. For info, my phone is a Moto X4 2018 vintage. I had already downloaded the Zepp app as instructed in the manual. Upon scanning the QR code, the software in the watch updated and then it went dead. It won't switch on at all. I also tried plugging in the charger, but it wouldn't show the charging icon so I didn't continue. The app just kept buffering with "connecting" showing up. I raised a return request and got the refund as well.
I am also on the lookout to upgrade from the Mi Band that I currently own. I was inclined towards Amazfit but after reading the customer reviews in amazon had my reservations. But after reading the inputs from you I need to drop getting the Amazfit smart watch it seems.

Any recommendations on what would be a good Smart watch in 10 K range ?
sunbaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 17:31   #565
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
I am also on the lookout to upgrade from the Mi Band that I currently own. I was inclined towards Amazfit but after reading the customer reviews in amazon had my reservations
Add me to the boat.

After the original Mi Band, Mi Band 4 and then 5, I too am looking for an upgrade.

Don't know what I will end up with.

Kind of used to the Mi Fit app and would like to remain there or thereabouts.
Old 12th August 2021, 17:44   #566
BHPian

I have an Amazefit gtr2e and it has been working flawlessly. Not only the paring but the functionality also is superb. My wife has a fitbit Alta hr and steps wise both are almost similar with just about some 20 steps difference in about a 1000 steps. So accuracy wise atleast the step counter is superb.

The gps is also great. I usually do a 45 min walk every day, and with this it lasts me 10 days full.

I don't know how it compares to oppo. But if battery life means a lot to you - then do look at this again.
deep_bang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:12   #567
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am also on the lookout to upgrade from the Mi Band that I currently own. I was inclined towards Amazfit but after reading the customer reviews in amazon had my reservations. But after reading the inputs from you I need to drop getting the Amazfit smart watch it seems.

I have the TREX pro and am super happy with it. Does everything i need for home work outs, sleep, biking, heart rate. Connected to Strava and i can monitor my progress better than the foolish app, which is the only let down. I use the watch for multiple workouts every single day.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:21   #568
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you are willing to increase your budget by 5k, the Watch Active 2 is available for about 15k.

https://www.reliancedigital.in/samsu...SABEgLsaPD_BwE

As long as you are fine with the additional spend, I am quite sure that your requirements would be met with the Active 2. The Samsung Health app is quite intuitive to use as well.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2021, 18:44   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
If you are willing to increase your budget by 5k, the Watch Active 2 is available for about 15k.
====
The Samsung Health app is quite intuitive to use as well.
Well just before I read your post I was going through google investigating about this watch. The biggest let down for me is that it's battery life is just 2 days and with intensive usage it would not be even 2 days. Need something that at least works without a recharge for a week.
Old 12th August 2021, 18:46   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Haven't looked at too many. I like the round dial ones like Amazfit GTR and also one from Mi. But most are with 43mm and 46mm dia. which my slender wrists can't handle. Hence looked at the GTS2 Mini which unfortunately didn't click.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks