Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2021, 10:02   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

So i just noticed that Google fit was showing a few hundred steps less than what my galaxy watch 4 was showing. On Samsung health it was showing the correct number of steps though.

Any help?
Old 21st September 2021, 08:41   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Are you using it with a Samsung phone ? If no, how is the compatilbility ?
I am using it with a Samsung Note 10+. The watch has motivated me to start exercising. No complaints with functionality, though I hope the ECG feature is enabled in India soon.
Old 21st September 2021, 09:18   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I hope the ECG feature is enabled in India soon.
Not sure on the Watch 4, but I have enabled the ECG and the Blood Pressure feature in my Galaxy Watch 3 by doing some reading on the web. There are videos available in youtube to help you enable these features, I did mine in no time and works like a charm.

Last edited by saikatmandal04 : 21st September 2021 at 09:19.
saikatmandal04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:37   #619
Distinguished - BHPian

I am a Fitbit user since 2016. After using Fitbit Blaze since 2016 (which worked quite well for 5 years!), I finally upgraded to Versa 3.

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-versa3.jpg

It has been only 2 days since I am using it, but loving it so far. It a huge improvement over Blaze. I will post a review after using it for a few months, but for now, definitely I am quite happy with this.

The MRP of this device on Fitbit website is Rs. 18,999, and it is available on Amazon.in at the same price as of today (and last few weeks since I have been checking). However, surprisingly, it is available in Croma for Rs. 17,999. So I bought this from Croma.

This is my second time in last year of purchasing an electronic device from a physical shop - Croma - and that too at a lower price than online prices. I always a had a good experience buying from Croma and that continues with this latest purchase too.

Here are some short observations based on just 2 days of use:

Pros:
  • Looks great!
  • Fits very well on the wrist and has the perfect size and light weight.
  • Thin, light, and waterproof. That means I wear it and forget about it. It remains on my wrist all the time.
  • Display quality is quite good.
  • All the usual Fitbit fitness functions, plus some more - SpO2, Heart Rate Variability Analysis, Beats per Minute, Stress Management Score etc. I love the Fitbit graphs and displays of various health parameters.
  • Fitbit's sleep analysis and the detailed sleep scores are awesome! Sleep Analysis is one of the best features of this (or any Fitbit).
  • Has built-in GPS, although I have not used that yet.
  • Battery life seems good - After using it for continuous 48 hours (I wear it while sleeping too), the battery has dropped from 100% to 76%. That is a great life! (Note: this is without using GPS. Use of the built-in GPS will consume battery faster).
  • Nice and simple magnetic charger. Very easy to charge.
  • Syncs quick and fast. No trouble in syncing with the phone app (yet), unlike my Blaze which was a pain to sync.
  • Lot of choice in watch faces and stuff like that. Many third-party watch faces in addition to the Fitbit's own faces.
Cons:
  • As with any Fitbit, limited functionality as a pure smartwatch.
  • Message notifications (WhatsApp, SMS, email etc.) remains erratic. Sometimes I get notifications, sometimes I don't.
I never cared for the notifications and the smartwatch features as such. I wanted it for the fitness features and for that this is really nice!

Last edited by Dr.AD : 22nd September 2021 at 15:56.
Dr.AD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:32   #620
Senior - BHPian

On my Samsung Watch 4, i set audio alert for 5 min interval (walk or run) but google fit always gives me an audio update when i complete 1km only! And the voice is like an old dying woman. Can't seem to change voice either.

Any tips?
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:11   #621
Senior - BHPian

What are some good fitness trackers in a band form factor? I would like to continue wearing my regular watches and don't want to end up looking like a dork with two watches, hence the requirement. I am seeing that apart from the entry-level Fitbit and Garmin vivofit, the options are limited.
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:32   #622
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
What are some good fitness trackers in a band form factor? I would like to continue wearing my regular watches and don't want to end up looking like a dork with two watches, hence the requirement. I am seeing that apart from the entry-level Fitbit and Garmin vivofit, the options are limited.
If you strictly want a tracker form factor but all the functionality of a full fledged fitness watch, then I would recommend Fitbit Charge 4. It is available for Rs. 10k on amazon and that is quite a good deal.

This is not at all an entry-level device. This is a full-fledged Fitbit device and has all the fitness functions of Fitbit smartwatches. What it lacks are the display related functions such as colorful clock faces. But that aside, this is a very feature-rich fitness tracker.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 22nd September 2021 at 18:00.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:09   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are some good fitness trackers in a band form factor?
Have a look at Mi Smart Band 6 as well. It costs ~4k and tracks Heart rate / steps / sleep / stress etc and you can wear it while swimming. Battery should last for 5 days.

Downside is, it does not integrate with Google / Apple and has its own app for both platforms.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 13:23   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Have a look at Mi Smart Band 6 as well. It costs ~4k and tracks Heart rate / steps / sleep / stress etc and you can wear it while swimming. Battery should last for 5 days.

Downside is, it does not integrate with Google / Apple and has its own app for both platforms.
That App should integrate with Google Fit ideally as is the case with my Honor Band's app. They do sync up the data - though at times their numbers may not be a match.
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:11   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
If you strictly want a tracker form factor but all the functionality of a full fledged fitness watch, then I would recommend Fitbit Charge 4. It is available for Rs. 10k on amazon and that is quite a good deal.
Thanks. Do you know how good is sleep tracking? A friend is advising me to stay away from Fitbit stating sleep tracking issues. Otherwise, it looks like a winner. I will probably pick it up during the upcoming sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Have a look at Mi Smart Band 6 as well.
I was using Mi Band 2 before the pandemic. Thought I will buy something more premium this time around.

Last edited by Jaguar : 23rd September 2021 at 16:14.
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 18:54   #626
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Do you know how good is sleep tracking? A friend is advising me to stay away from Fitbit stating sleep tracking issues. Otherwise, it looks like a winner. I will probably pick it up during the upcoming sale.
I am using Fitbit since 2016, and I am tracking my sleep every day since then. I thought it is quit accurate.

What I mean is this: I can check what time the app shows I went to sleep and what time I got up (I have a habit of checking my sleep stats in the morning), and usually it is accurate to within +/- 5 minutes. This is something we can easily verify each day and I have data that shows this is very accurate.

However, sleep stats are lot more than just the sleep times. It gives a lot of detailed data about sleep stages (deep sleep vs light sleep hours and patterns, REM, % awake time, breathing rates during sleep etc) and it also gives an overall sleep score. There is no way for me to know how accurate this data is since there is no benchmark or other measurement to compare this against. Thus, no comments on the accuracy of this data.

For the overall sleep score, again I believe that is quite accurate too because qualitatively when I get good sleep and I get up feeling fresh and well rested, I see my sleep scores are between 70 to 80. And on nights where I get poor sleep and I feel restless all night, I get scores of about 60. On odd occasions when I had to work late and had very poor sleep, I have even got scores of 55. Thus, this sleep score again correlates well with my experience, and I have reason to believe this is accurate enough.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 23rd September 2021 at 18:59.
Dr.AD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 13:36   #627
BHPian

Re: Why you must invest in a smartwatch if you want to be fit!

If you want a genuine comparison/review on smartwatches or fitness bands, might I recommend "DesFit" channel on youtube?

Great host, extremely detailed reviews, and no snappy/crappy content.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmV...kRshtLrXMeMToQ
ralto is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 13:10   #628
BHPian

Hi Team,

I am planning to gift my sister a smartwatch on her birthday which is coming in a few days. Are there any suggestions for a budget for 20k (she would be a first time user of a smart watch)? I am looking for a watch and not a fitness band.
Old 28th September 2021, 16:59   #629
BHPian

So, I had Apple watch 2 a few years back and it did not connect with me at that time and I ended up giving it to my dad only after a week of using it.
After so many years I am again rethinking of getting a smartwatch to pair/work with my iphone 11. I don't want to get apple watch as it is too expensive and what if I don't like it this time as well.
I have Fitbit charge 5 and Fitbit sense in my mind.
The charge 5 is just launched and it has all features of sense but it comes with a small screen and lower price.
What do you guys suggest?
I don't need music playback to work with my phone, I am totally fine with it.
I selected these two for ECG along with other features like stress monitoring, skin temp etc.
Old 28th September 2021, 18:39   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
I have Fitbit charge 5 and Fitbit sense in my mind.
I have the same dilemma. The webpage of Fitbit charge 5 has so many caveats like few functions available in select countries and few on the premium subscription. The skin temp is a premium feature. Better get it clarified first before buying.
roamer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks