Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 12:09   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

+1 on Ampere's suggestion

I have the Vivoactive 4 and am very happy

If budget is a constraint, the Venu Sq (no music) falls roughly in the price band. Or a forerunner 245 (no music)

Paytm has a 5k Paytm cash deal going on right now
sridhu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 13:53   #527
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If he is into running/cycling on a daily basis and takes fitness seriously I think Garmin makes more sense than a Fitbit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
+1 on Ampere's suggestion
He ordered the Fitbit Versa 3, for the reason that he's familiar with the App.
Old 21st May 2021, 14:50   #528
BHPian

Here's a tiny review of Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3. I'll only cover the stuff that I think is better consumed in a smartwatch.

This is after 7 days of usage.

Health stats:
Pulse is accurate
SPO2 - 5% variation when compared with an oximeter

Sports stats:
Both OEM's and Google Fit's trackers are accurate. GPS takes 30 seconds to kick in.

Gmaps - Perfect. Just like a smartphone. Vibrates at notifications.

Gpay - Not available in India.

News - Gnews is available as a tile

Notifications:

SMS / Whatsapp - View / respond
Email - View / respond

Inputs by Speech to text mode or keyboard, both are available. Recognition is fairly accurate. Misses happen with words like you say GUIDE and it picks up GLIDE etc.

Calls:

I liked this part the most. Can dial / receive. Excellent clarity and noise cancellation even when outdoors. Since this doesn't have an E-sim, BT is used to connect to the phone and therefore cannot connect to a BT earphone.

Music: Spotify & Shazam only as of today. YT Music is on the way. I haven't tried this feature.

Battery: Medium-Heavy usage 36 hours

Build - Sturdy. Fingerprints don't show. Corners are able to manage minor hits. Strap is comfy.

Ordering - Amazon - 2 days. OEM site - 3 weeks(China I'm assuming).

Others - Has NFC, WiFi. Charges via a magnetised attachment. Pretty neat. Takes an hour to come up to full charge from 10%
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-assistant.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-heart-rate.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-spo2.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-gmaps.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-weather-watch-face.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-watch-face.jpg  

vinu_h is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 16:02   #529
Team-BHP Support

With this Covid situation upon us and seeing very less of any outdoor activity and the watch lying idle, anything to be careful of? Charge the watch and leave it or use it occasionally or they are robust enough to use after 3 or months [hoping situation to improve]. Using a Vivoactive 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Here's a tiny review of Mobvoi Ticwatch Pro 3. I'll only cover the stuff that I think is better consumed in a smartwatch.
This looks like a good watch and reminds me of the Garmin I wear. Thanks for sharing your impression.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st May 2021 at 16:03.
Old 21st May 2021, 16:36   #530
BHPian

Team, most of the budget smartwatches I see have big dials (44mm and above). What are the options with smaller dials (40mm and below) for a male user? I am not in favour of Apple Watch clones.
Thanks.
Old 21st May 2021, 16:59   #531
BHPian

Hi everyone

Am looking for a reliable simple smartwatch for SPO2 measurement for my father who's 90 years. He has poor peripheral perfusion (fingers don't have stable and good blood flow), due to his medical history. My home oximeter is quite reliable but I get panicky when I try on him as it often shows low oxygen because of the PPP.

I've been searching on Amazon and Flipkart. Plenty of models available but there aren't enough reviews of them regarding SPO2.

Any info of oximeter vs. wearables readings would help a lot.
DrVjy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 17:48   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVjy View Post
Hi everyone

Am looking for a reliable simple smartwatch for SPO2 measurement for my father who's 90 years. He has poor peripheral perfusion (fingers don't have stable and good blood flow), due to his medical history. My home oximeter is quite reliable but I get panicky when I try on him as it often shows low oxygen because of the PPP.

I've been searching on Amazon and Flipkart. Plenty of models available but there aren't enough reviews of them regarding SPO2.

Most smart watch oximeters are not very good. For your use case, though, any one would be sufficient. You would essentially have a baselined record and alerts when it goes down too much.

From what I have seen, Fitbit has the best combination of price - reliability - engineering.

BTW, it helps if you rub your father's palms before you put the oximeter on to measure the O2 levels.
sridhu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 18:33   #533
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone

Am looking for a reliable simple smartwatch for SPO2 measurement for my father who's 90 years.
Give this a try. Their focus is health parameters like SPO2 and heart beat rate. INR 3500 isn't much. You can always return if the readings are very different from an Oximeter.

Last edited by vinu_h : 21st May 2021 at 18:34.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 19:40   #534
BANNED

Quote:
Hi everyone

If you have time you can check this guys channel, most of the videos are long, he does extensive test on these wearables

splitsecond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 20:56   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

Any one got news on the to be launched google pixel smart watch? I want something to track and I was looking at the gshock version which looks great but might be too much watch and money for me at the moment.

Ofcourse the high priced gshock would be a travel and fitness watch combined as one. But for now, I think I will split the money between a regular gshock travel watch which I already have and super pleased with and the pixel watch when it launches as a fitness focused watch.

Ofcourse if they price it anywhere closer to the premium gshock, well. Might just take the plunge.

Last edited by Red Liner : 31st May 2021 at 21:01.
Old 2nd June 2021, 13:28   #536
BHPian

Quote:

I am using honor 5i which comes with SpO2 measurement. I calibrated it with a calibrated pulse oximeter (used by a Jayadeva medical staff) and found to be within 2% of error.
girishv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 22:20   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Any one got news on the to be launched google pixel smart watch?
Most likely it will be release along with Pixel 6 series around October/November. That's the 'leak' so far
ToThePoint is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 23:49   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Give this a try. Their focus is health parameters like SPO2 and heart beat rate. INR 3500 isn't much. You can always return if the readings are very different from an Oximeter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
I am using honor 5i which comes with SpO2 measurement. I calibrated it with a calibrated pulse oximeter (used by a Jayadeva medical staff) and found to be within 2% of error.
Thanks a lot for the info, folks. Sorry for my rather leisurely response. I settled for this smartwatch from AQFIT, an Indian company.
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-watch.png

My father's been using it (with high reluctance though for some 2 weeks now). It's been doing pretty well and surely put the O2 concern to rest.

Comparison of the readings (on my arm) between the oximeter and the AQFIT:
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-o2watch.png
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-o2oximeter.png

Readings clearly match quite well.

The watch had quite a high quality packaging. Cost me around INR 2500/- on Amazon. They give 1 year warranty. Comes with the usual smartwatch functions like steps, distance, calories and sleep monitoring. Also comes with a good number of watch faces on their app called YFit.
DrVjy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 00:24   #539
BHPian

I just bought huawei watch gt 2 pro. Primary reasons were the health monitoring capabilities, build quality (probably next best to apple watches), looks(looks more like a watch �� which was important for me) and long (1 week plus) battery life. So far the experience has been fantastic. Let me know if anyone has any questions around this product, happy to help as much as I can.
dileepcm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 10:56   #540
BHPian

Only reason I stay away from the fitness bands is the paranoia, of having an always on BT against my wrist and the lack of longterm effects/research. Is there a fitness band, that allows you to switch the bluetooth off/on easily? Smartwatches with airplane mode, are too thick to be worn and forgotten, while the cheap bands are all always on.

Most Viewed