Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2020, 16:57   #421
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you! Hows the watch battery and display? Is it ok for rough use? Or should i use a screen protector?
Battery is good, means one charge easily lasts about 10 days for me. And display is the main reason I went for GTS instead of BIP. Amoled display looks really good, and certain widgets (like weather) make it looks exactly like Apple watch

As far as rough use is concerned, I would suggest using a screen protector, though I am not using one, as my usage is not that rough.

Quote:
Edit: Checked amazfit bip s. Looks more pocket friendly and serves the purpose. Will be leaning towards this. Anything that I should watch out for?
As I said, I did consider BIP, but that display looked cheap (Ofcourse, the price is also quite reasonable). But when compared with AMOLED, Bip display didn't make any sense. Also, Always-On-Display option works in AMOLED I think.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 18:37   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Also, Always-On-Display option works in AMOLED I think.
On the contrary, I feel its the other way around. 'Bip S' has 'always on' display and NOT the higher models.
Old 20th August 2020, 19:18   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
On the contrary, I feel its the other way around. 'Bip S' has 'always on' display and NOT the higher models.
Nopes, GTS has the Always-On-Display. Just that, it's disabled by default. You need to enable it by going to:

Settings > Always On Display > Enable Status
Old 24th August 2020, 11:49   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
I am particularly impressed with the battery backup. It has been 8 days and there is still 30% juice left. It does most of the task very well. I am using this with an Android phone
Thanks for replying!!

I used the GT-2 for a week but later returned it for Apple watch 3. You're right, the battery backup is great. It looks fabulous and does the job as expected. With prime offers running, I got it for 11,7xx/. No doubt, one of the best buys if you're into Android. Has some nifty features such as sleep tracking and Sp02.

Two main reasons why I decided to go with Apple watch. First is obviously the seamless integration it offers with an iPhone. The integration of GT-2 with the iPhone is just basic and leaves a lot to be desired. Secondly, heart rate monitoring in GT2 was a bit laggy. It wasn't in line with my activities.

Last edited by Moto_Hill : 24th August 2020 at 11:56.
Moto_Hill is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 19:39   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Looking for a budget smartband which will work with iphone. Main requirement is for notifications and alarms. Apple watch is too expensive for this purpose. I keep my iphone silent most of the time, resulting in many missed calls. Any suggestions? Have a mi band 3 , however notifications or calls are not alerted in the band.
I figured out the notifications in Mi Band 3 and now I am using band 3. Does it make sense to buy an apple watch series 3 or a 5 now ? HDFC is having 4k cashback.
Old 25th August 2020, 08:04   #426
Senior - BHPian

Have a query on GPS on fitness bands. I was gifted a Fitbit Inspire HR and my wife owns a Fitbit Charge 2 as well. My understanding is that both these fitness bands do not have GPS. So when you do not carry your phone and go for cycling, does the fitness band not detect the distance? I tried my inspire HR while cycling and it just did not detect the distance, only the time spent on the activity rather. So does this mean that with these bands one needs to always carry a phone? Even for a run? That would be a waste of money I think if these devices cannot run independently for even some basic purposes.
Old 25th August 2020, 10:10   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Have a query on GPS on fitness bands. I was gifted a Fitbit Inspire HR and my wife owns a Fitbit Charge 2 as well. My understanding is that both these fitness bands do not have GPS. So when you do not carry your phone and go for cycling, does the fitness band not detect the distance? I tried my inspire HR while cycling and it just did not detect the distance, only the time spent on the activity rather. So does this mean that with these bands one needs to always carry a phone? Even for a run? That would be a waste of money I think if these devices cannot run independently for even some basic purposes.
Yes that's true- need to carry phone. It uses connected GPS. Piggy backs on the phones gps via bluetooth and maps the route. I own a Charge 3 and Apple Watch Series 3 - need to have my phone on me for both. It's only when you have a cellular apple watch model or a higher end garmin kind of a watch does it function independently of the phone.
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2020, 10:40   #428
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Yes. With many fitness bands, GPS is not built in. If you want to accurately track distance and map for your runs/rides, you need to carry the phone with you. If you do not have the phone, these devices will still automatically detect a run and accurately count the steps, but the distance will be an approximate. These fitness bands are mainly to track fitness parameters like steps, heart rate, sleep etc. If you need something to track your workouts, then you need to go for devices with in-built GPS like Garmin vivoactive series or forerunner series etc.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 09:41   #429
BHPian

Has anyone here replaced the battery of their Apple Watch? My wife uses a series 3 40mm and battery is pretty bad on it. I am not sure what is the problem but seems it started after installing WatchOS 7 beta.
This version of WatchOS has battery health check and it says the battery is 86% capacity.

Compared to that, my watch is 42mm bought one year before hers and it is at 92% capacity.

I am not in urgent need of battery change but if anyone has got it done in Mumbai, how much were you charged and did you get it done at apple store or aftermarket?
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 00:17   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Among these mi band 4 is an all rounder, but i personally use honor band 5 for having best HR sensor and sleep tracking.
Share more on how you figured the HR sensor was best and what was useful in its sleep tracking?

I had Huawei ers-b19 band 2 classic and missed the REM function for my sleep so moved upto Fitbit Charge 2 - no real way to show which one truly had a better HR measurement. Do share your process

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Question is how serious one is to actually use them and make alterations to his/her own lifestyle based on the inputs received.

There reason I say this is because we all love to buy gadgets
Guruji, - ek hi dil hai - kitni baar jeetoge? So so true - the one question worth crores!
Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Used a couple of smart bands over the last few weeks and returned them. posting feedback based on 1 week of usage:

Honor Band 5
  • Works well when used in combination with a phone - both in terms of accuracy of step tracking as well as relative accuracy of HR monitoring. No unnecessary blips and troughs.
  • Really like the breakdown of sleep tracking provided by the app
  • Easy to use UI on the band as well as the App
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of the above inaccuracy in tracking decided to pick up a device with GPS. Zeroed in on a Renewed Amazfit Bip after looking at reviews.
You sounded happy with the Bip. Why return?
Also, the Band 5 - exactly what helped you conclude on "the relative accuracy"? Do educate us and share any screenshots in case you may have

Last edited by phamilyman : 18th September 2020 at 00:25.
Old 18th September 2020, 06:02   #431
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Guruji, - ek hi dil hai - kitni baar jeetoge? So so true - the one question worth crores!
Last 3+ years I have been running around with Vivoactive-3. Both for office and running. It looks more like a watch, and that helps. I don't need to wear one for office and one while running.

My take: Just like cars, pay more but get a good one and use it for long and full. I got a Fenix-5 (thanks to a superb deal) recently. But it still has not reached me thanks to Covid!
Old 19th September 2020, 13:45   #432
BHPian

My Apple watch 3 has been acting weird after OS 7 update. The activity rings suddenly stopped working, the workout wouldn't pause etc.

Had to reset and sync again with the phone. Now working fine since morning. Fingers crossed. Anyone else having troubles??
Old 1st October 2020, 11:43   #433
BHPian

What is a good band that can monitor blood pressure as well?
Old 1st October 2020, 12:08   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Hill View Post
My Apple watch 3 has been acting weird after OS 7 update. The activity rings suddenly stopped working, the workout wouldn't pause etc.

Had to reset and sync again with the phone. Now working fine since morning. Fingers crossed. Anyone else having troubles??

I haven't faced any issues after the update. Sometimes a reset is all that it takes and is needed.
Old 1st October 2020, 12:58   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
What is a good band that can monitor blood pressure as well?
Newly launched Omron one. It’s only available in USA currently. One band / watch is now launched by GooQi brand in India at 6 k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks