Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 11:04   #496
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I recently bought the Garmin Forerunner 245 Music watch.
Thanks a lot for such a detailed review of the Forerunner 245. I have low key had my eyes on the Forerunner 45/245 models for a while. Currently using an Apple Watch and a Charge 3 for my runs. They do the job but plan to increase my weekly mileage and training regime - would like to be able to set custom interval training routines and have a more focussed running watch.
Old 8th February 2021, 07:30   #497
Senior - BHPian

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

I have had a weird issue with my Fitbit Inspire HR. I have been jogging or walking while using this device and we have a perimeter kind of road in our apartment, and it usually shows 1.2km for each round. Have used it for 6-8 months and its always been similar to this 1.2km. However since last week, Fitbit is only reflecting 1.0km for every round I made.

This is not a GPS enabled model, however it does calculate steps and distance without the phone. Mostly while jogging I dont carry my phone, while I walking I do. Is this something to do with the device connecting to my phone for GPS data on and off and hence the difference?
Old 8th February 2021, 08:51   #498
BHPian

Anyone' checked out the solar series of Garmin...eg Garmin Instinct Solar(Tactical) . What is the feedback on battery life, worth it ?
Old 16th February 2021, 14:27   #499
Team-BHP Support

Got the Vivoactive 4 a couple of days back.

Happy with everything, just that call alerts don’t show who the caller is, but e-mail, SMS and even WhatsApp messages can be viewed and replied with preset messages.

Wish, calls could be answered for 10secs only.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:32   #500
BHPian

Anyone using the Samsung Galaxy gear s3,
Is there any way to improve the battery life. I'm currently using it with Bluetooth connected to my Oneplus 7t always during the day and flight mode in the night and I am getting around 2 days of battery time. Is this normal or should it be less/more?
Old 18th February 2021, 06:39   #501
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Guys, what can I do with an Apple Watch Series 6 with cellular? Got it as a birthday gift, but I am an out & out Android guy and unwilling to switch to an iPhone. What can I do with this Apple Watch, without an iPhone?

Or should I just sell it and get an Android watch?
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 06:51   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Selling it seems to be the only option if you’re not willing to switch to IOS.
sahil624 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:40   #503
BHPian

Quote:
There isn't one. Apple watch is the most mature of the smartwatches. Android has a LOT of catching up to do.
vinu_h is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 09:48   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
There isn't one. Apple watch is the most mature of the smartwatches. Android has a LOT of catching up to do.
I think Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 is almost there.
Repsol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 10:03   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, what can I do with an Apple Watch Series 6 with cellular? Got it as a birthday gift, but I am an out & out Android guy and unwilling to switch to an iPhone. What can I do with this Apple Watch, without an iPhone?

Sell it or gift it to someone special. Unless you want to use it just as a watch without ever syncing with a phone.

The user experience of apple watch is really great. However. If you are into sports and fitness activities, nothing is better than a high end Garmin.

Last edited by Lambydude : 18th February 2021 at 10:05.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 10:31   #506
BHPian

Quote:

• There is something called a Family Setup, don’t know if it works in India.
  • Quote:
    Family Setup* is mainly aimed at families with children, but it can also be used to set up an Apple Watch for an older adult or anyone else who doesn't have an *iPhone* but wants to take advantage of the health and fitness features of Apple Watch.
  • Read more about it here: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/set...-family-setup/
  • Someone in your family/a trusted friend could who has an iPhone could help you set it up.
  • Contrary to what other BHPians are saying, an Apple Watch is an expensive gift, and selling it, or regifting it might not be the best gesture IMHO/might offend the person who gifted it to you.
  • Besides, the Apple Watch is a really cool device, and is — in our car guy terms — the Tesla of smart watches. It is leagues ahead of any other android smartwatch. I say this as a Garmin VivoFit owner. Garmin doesn’t have the best support and A.S.S. in India. Mine failed after just one year. With an Apple Watch, you can get to an Apple store and get it fixed.
  • I have been following your other posts where you upgraded to a Macbook from a windows laptop and had a great experience. The Apple Watch is also worth a try!

Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-80ae9ab7a6ce4ad4b4011d9750e3e55a.jpeg  

Last edited by EightSix : 18th February 2021 at 10:35.
EightSix is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 10:57   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

There's a gifting thread on TBHP
srishiva is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 11:49   #508
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks a ton for the advice, gents! You guys made some valid points and convinced me. I've decided to retain the Apple Watch, even as an Android fan. Reasons:

- I checked out some other Android watches and didn't like their styling. I'm a big "aesthetics" guy and love the look of the Apple Watch on my wrist.

- It's so well-designed that I forget I'm wearing it. I usually don't wear watches at work (all my wristwatches are accessories when going out), but this one is the only one I can wear on a workday.

- For now, I'm going to use it for fitness & health monitoring which is the topmost priority (have gotten addicted to keeping the BPM low on a work day).

- As EightSix said, my family could potentially feel bad if I exchange it for something else.

- Next year, my Samsung S9 will be 3 years old and I might change it. I like small phones and the iPhone Mini does appeal to me. Although I love Android's interface way more than iOS so a 50:50 on that.

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-20210218-11.28.07.jpg

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-20210219-11.43.50.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 19th February 2021 at 11:50.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 12:17   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the advice, gents! You guys made some valid points and convinced me. I've decided to retain the Apple Watch, even as an Android fan.
While a good call, the Apple watch is seriously crippled without an iPhone. You will be barely using it to even half it's potential, especially given that it's a cellular model that you have.

The convenience, styling and overall ease of use of the Apple Watch is seriously making me reconsider switching to the Apple ecosystem, while I've been an Android loyalist for 10 years.

I would suggest over time you move to an iPhone as well
Shreyas_H is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2021, 15:56   #510
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
A fitness watch might have been better, but since you have retained it and...

Quote:
- For now, I'm going to use it for fitness & health monitoring which is the topmost priority (have gotten addicted to keeping the BPM low on a work day).
- Next year, my Samsung S9 will be 3 years old and I might change it. I like small phones and the iPhone Mini does appeal to me. Although I love Android's interface way more than iOS so a 50:50 on that.
you like it, you can get any android phone you want and keep a small iPhone for the watch, an inconvenience, but since you do not use motorcycles, carrying two small phones might somewhat be manageable. You may give this a shot.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th February 2021 at 16:02.
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks