Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2020, 13:19   #436
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Newly launched Omron one. It’s only available in USA currently. One band / watch is now launched by GooQi brand in India at 6 k.
Which Goqii is that? I see only their Vital 2 & 3 monitor BP.
Old 1st October 2020, 14:14   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Which Goqii is that? I see only their Vital 2 & 3 monitor BP.
This one. They have this in smartwatch.

https://store.goqii.com/smartvital?u...RoC8JQQAvD_BwE
Old 1st October 2020, 15:04   #438
BHPian

Planning to buy the Garmin vivo active 4 mainly because I need a gps watch which has music storage so that I don't need to carry a phone while running. I definitely won't be using it for more than 1-2 hrs a day.

Any reviews of the same? One issue I feel is that it has its own OS so wondering how good the integration with Android would be. Havent used a Garmin device so far.

Any other recommendations with the required features in the <30k range?
anandhsub is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 19:06   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Any other recommendations with the required features in the <30k range?
You can check out new Garmin Venu® Sq GPS Smartwatch. It has GPS & music storage. Also I prefer square / rectangular screen for smartwatch as information displayed is much NEAT compared to circular dials.

In last 2 weeks there are plenty of new smartwatches launched.

- Honor Watch gs pro / ES
- Fifbit Sense / Versa 3
- Ticwatch Pro 3
- Amazfit GTS 2 / GTR 2 / Neo
- Mi Watch Revolve
- Huawei watch GT 2

Though Garmin is more into fitness rather than smart watch features.

Last edited by RM Motorsports : 1st October 2020 at 19:14.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 19:37   #440
Senior - BHPian

I'm looking at getting a smartwatch or rather a smart wearable in the 10k range.
I was ideally going to replace my GShock eithe another one for 7K because I finally managed to find a Tough Solar model which was to my liking.

I'm confused between the Mi watch Revolve, Amazfit T Rex (a smart G shock), GTR and GTS. I'm open to other models in this ballpark. Overall features seem to be similar with just a few differences. So I'm looking at whichever is the "best" or "newest" or "futureproofish". Ideally I know that the Mi Revolve is the newest but ideally its the Mi watch Colour from last year.
Should I wait for the GTS2 and GTR2 ?

I can't browse the net or use Google maps on these wearables even when tethered to the phone right ?
Old 7th October 2020, 10:57   #441
BHPian

Hi Guys,

At the outset, let me declare that I love the Casio G shock range. The reason why I didn't buy a smartwatch till now was because if I do buy one, I might stop using my beloved G shocks. So I was waiting for G shock to release a smartwatch.

Couple of months back Casio released G shock GBD H 1000. This has 5 sensors , has activity tracking and heart rate sensor.
But it only tracks running or walking. There are no multiple activity modes like cycling or football. Some reviews also said that the heart rate tracking is not accurate when compared to Garmin which is the gold standard is fitness tracking. However I just love how the watch looks.

My dilemma is should I buy this now or wait for Casio to refine the software, maybe add more activity options etc. Knowing Casio, I'm worried if such an update may take years.
What are your thoughts on this? Now or wait for an year?

Last edited by Lambydude : 7th October 2020 at 11:00.
Old 7th October 2020, 11:14   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
My dilemma is should I buy this now or wait for Casio to refine the software, maybe add more activity options etc. Knowing Casio, I'm worried if such an update may take years.
What are your thoughts on this? Now or wait for an year?
I would not expect a watch company like Casio to excel in a fitness tracker like Garmin or Fitbit. Forget months or years, it may not happen at all unless they acquire some technology from these fitness tracker companies. So, I would not recommend getting the smart watch from Casio at all, as you may end up disappointed.

You need to first resolve the conflict of what is important to you - the looks of the G-shock or accurate activity tracking. And I understand this decision is not going to be easy

Another option is to wear G-shock in one hand and a proper activity tracker in the other hand
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 12:00   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post

You need to first resolve the conflict of what is important to you - the looks of the G-shock or accurate activity tracking. And I understand this decision is not going to be easy
True, it's not an easy decision to select between the looks and the accuracy. I always thought that Fenix series from Garmin might be the solution to my issue. But when I saw the Fenix (both 5& 6) , I was disappointed by the looks. Of course, no question on the capability of Fenix. Fenix 6 is insanely expensive also.

But I have made up my mind that even if Casio looks good, if the accuracy and fitness features are not there, I might kick myself after buying it for 40k. Hence, I'm considering Vivoactive 4 now. Even Huawei GT2 e for 11k looks like a good proposition.
Old 7th October 2020, 13:47   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But I have made up my mind that even if Casio looks good, if the accuracy and fitness features are not there, I might kick myself after buying it for 40k. Hence, I'm considering Vivoactive 4 now. Even Huawei GT2 e for 11k looks like a good proposition.
Garmin Vivoactive or Fenix to me are best in terms of a common wearable (formal watch + sports tracker).

I have been using a Vivo active 3 daily for the last ~3 years and so far nothing to complain.

Last edited by ampere : 7th October 2020 at 15:44.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 14:26   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
I'm confused between the Mi watch Revolve, Amazfit T Rex (a smart G shock), GTR and GTS. I'm open to other models in this ballpark.....
I got gifted Amazefit T Rex last week. This is my 5th fitness band after Mi versions and Garmin Vivosmart HR+. T Rex is really good, I don't find anything missing in this. GPS is quick to lock. Whenever I went for 10k runs, Garmin used to struggle for 5 minutes to lock GPS and give up. I feel this can last for the next 5 years without an outdated feel. Looks good on the wrist and super light.

Quote:
True, it's not an easy decision to select between the looks and the accuracy. ....even if Casio looks good, if the accuracy and fitness features are not there, I might kick myself after buying it for 40k. Hence, I'm considering Vivoactive 4 now.....
I have a Casio GulfMaster (GWN 1000B) since 3 years, its heavy, bulky and accurate with the sensors. But, I really doubt how fitness specific brands can be compared to them. May be its a good idea to stick to purpose specific brands like Garmin. Now they have many models, I love the 'Instinct' but over 30k is not justified. Fenix series is really nice if that is the only watch someone wants to own and wear all the time.

I have a Rolex, Tissot, Victorinox and few others, so its very tough to spend more on a fitness watch which will be a limited use for workouts

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th October 2020 at 18:41. Reason: Typos.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 16:31   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
What is a good band that can monitor blood pressure as well?
Hi Anand you can try HUAWEI GT2, good battery life, all most all fitness apps will work and pulse oximeter also available. Value for money product.
Old 8th October 2020, 16:06   #447
BHPian

One more question -

Out of all the fitness activities, what I do daily is play badminton.
1.Does any smartwatch have a badminton mode?
2. If not, which mode do I select while playing badminton? I'm guessing it would be running/ walking. Would the hand movements during badminton mess up the accuracy?

Thanks in advance
Old 8th October 2020, 16:40   #448
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
One more question -

Out of all the fitness activities, what I do daily is play badminton.
1.Does any smartwatch have a badminton mode?
2. If not, which mode do I select while playing badminton? I'm guessing it would be running/ walking. Would the hand movements during badminton mess up the accuracy?

Thanks in advance
I don't think fitness trackers would have badminton (FitBit may). You could select "Cardio" as an option. However, if you are relying on optical heart rate measurement, then yes, the frequent hand movements will result in poor heart rate tracking. Even the best of the watches suffer from this issue. Only way is to use a strap based HR sensor for these type of activities for accuracy.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 10:33   #449
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a Fossil Gen 4 Explorist smartwatch in black off Amazon for an excellent 11K (50% off MRP). Looks stunning, and immediately updated to the latest version giving me nearly all the Gen 5 features.

My existing Gen 3 model is running for 3+ years with excellent battery life, so happy to invest in this one.

https://www.amazon.in/Fossil-Explori...=fossil&sr=8-3
Old 12th October 2020, 20:51   #450
Oxy
BHPian

Learnt the hard way to stay away from Garmin. I bought a Vivofit 2 for my wife some 4 years ago. Now I need a new strap for it but am unable to find one anywhere as the model has been discontinued, so basically would be buying a new smartwatch now.

Have my eyes set on the Honor Watch ES, looks very good for 7.5k. The strap is removable and can be replaced with a regular 20mm strap as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks