Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2019, 12:03   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourishganguly View Post
I have a Xiaomi Mi Band 3 with a broken strap, could anybody kindly suggest where to buy the original replacement strap from, cannot seem to find it online.
Also, if there are any third party alternatives, suggestions would be really appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Got this for Rs 99 from Amazon when I faced similar situation a few days back - price seems to have increased slightly. Quality is 95%+ matching with the oem one.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 13th August 2019, 13:55   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Got this for Rs 99 from Amazon when I faced similar situation a few days back - price seems to have increased slightly. Quality is 95%+ matching with the oem one.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you sir, ordered a black one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen789 View Post
I hope you have ordered for more than 1 as a back up.
Ordered just 1, to test the waters, have also ordered another one from Amazon that would hopefully arrive earlier. I plan on getting all the colours tbh from AliExpress later.
Old 13th August 2019, 15:08   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Got myself th Amazfit Bip Lite from Amazon a day ago. The issue I'm facing is that the Mi Fit app is not allowing me to log in - with my Mi account nor Google!! It keeps sending me back to the login page. I'm using the OnePlus 6 phone.

I'm stuck even before switching on my new smartwatch! Help!
I used to have a similar issue when I used the Mi Band 3 before switching to the Samsung Galaxy Watch. I believe turning the location on your phone off and on helped sometimes while other times the app needed to be force stopped before restarting it.Hope this helps.
Old 13th September 2019, 19:58   #304
BHPian

It seems with the latest iOS 13 and Watch OS update, EKG is working in Apple Watch series 4 . Source is twitter and reddit. Any users of series 4 can confirm this?
Old 26th September 2019, 13:37   #305
Senior - BHPian

I am on the Honor View 10 and may possibly upgrade my phone soon. I also use the Huawei Health App paired with a Huawei Band 2 Fitness Band.

Is there any way to migrate the data or export/import the data when moving to a new non-Huawei/Honor Phone?
Old 26th September 2019, 13:39   #306
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using Mi Band 4 or Huawei band 5?
Thinking of getting 1 of these in upcoming sale
Old 2nd October 2019, 22:57   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I had been eyeing the Band 5 and most reviews say heart rate and sleep tracking in Huawei/Honor are better than Xiaomi. But for the price Mi packs in a lot. Band 5 does beat it in most areas except battery life.

Anyone inputs on Inspire HR? Which one would be better Band 5 or Inspire HR.

Health tracking is the most important for me followed by call notifications.

Hence I am not even looking at smart watches as they cost a lot more than smart bands.

Budget not more than 5 K. Will pick up the Inspire if its tracking betters band 5?

Your thoughts please.

Last edited by nibedk : 2nd October 2019 at 22:58. Reason: Correction
Old 3rd October 2019, 01:14   #308
BHPian

If heart rate tracking is of the most importance to you then I've heard great things about the Polar OH1. It is not a smart band though, but great at tracking workouts with very accurate heart rate tracking.
Old 3rd October 2019, 01:50   #309
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibedk View Post
I had been eyeing the Band 5 and most reviews say heart rate and sleep tracking in Huawei/Honor are better than Xiaomi. But for the price Mi packs in a lot. Band 5 does beat it in most areas except battery life.

Anyone inputs on Inspire HR? Which one would be better Band 5 or Inspire HR.

Health tracking is the most important for me followed by call notifications.

Hence I am not even looking at smart watches as they cost a lot more than smart bands.

Budget not more than 5 K. Will pick up the Inspire if its tracking betters band 5?

Your thoughts please.
Honor band 5 have much better sleep stats than MI band4 other than that both are equal in default setting, But what makes MI band 4 apart is the 3rd party app support. By using this app combo Notify&Fitness and Sleep as Android makes miband4 even better than fitbit and garmin devices.
Old 3rd October 2019, 01:54   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have had a FitBit Surge, and Fitbit Charge. Both of them broke even after FitBit replaced the (first) broken one free of cost. I then decided to try the less expensive Mi Band 2. I was so impressed by it that I recently upgraded to Mi Band 4. It is simply awesome. Workout/step tracking, HR, and notifications. Also has a color screen with brightness adjustment, and a 20 day battery life. It checks all the boxes for me at a great price. (compared to FitBit or products from the partially eaten fruit company)

Last edited by GutsyGibbon : 3rd October 2019 at 02:06.
Old 3rd October 2019, 02:01   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
If heart rate tracking is of the most importance to you then I've heard great things about the Polar OH1. It is not a smart band though, but great at tracking workouts with very accurate heart rate tracking.
Thanks mate. I am aware of Polar but as you mentioned its not a smart band. I have been using multiple watches since I completed my schooling. Would have owned more than 12-15 watches since then and still own Fossil, Guess, Tommy, Titan slim and one more which I can't recollect. Rest all over time have gone kaput or have been passed on to younger cousins. But over the last 2-3 years all these watches have needed service every 12-18 months. I was calculating the expenses and I could well have bought a new watch or a smart watch. Plan to keep the Fossil and the Guess and will let go off the rest. With the smartphones already invading our lives don't want another such tool on the wrist. Even our smartphones can do all that a smartwatch does as far as health tracking is concerned including HR. So really want a couple of hours of mobile detox everyday where I don't need to carry my phone other than for cycling.

If this smart band really proves to be beneficial as advertised then may be I will consider a smartwatch later for the inherent benefits it has over smart bands. You can completely go phone free. Only good option for Android users are Samsung Galaxy watches which cost well over 20 K. Wife uses a Gear 2 Pro and GPS connectivity is usually iffy and the internal storage is yet to be used for songs. So don't want to splurge on smartwatch till I am sure it will be beneficial for me. Besides I am waiting for a good one with Wear OS. Currently the ones from Fossil and like are not really great one with charging required every 12 hours.

So will stick to simple smart band and am considering either a Band 5 or an Inspire HR. I am open to other good ones as well if they tracking features are up to mark and they don't cost a bomb.
Old 6th October 2019, 00:01   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Honor band 5 have much better sleep stats than MI band4 other than that both are equal in default setting, But what makes MI band 4 apart is the 3rd party app support. By using this app combo Notify&Fitness and Sleep as Android makes miband4 even better than fitbit and garmin devices.
Honor Band 5 is ruled out now. Outdoor cycling tracking is available only for Honor or Huawei phones. Looks like its going to be Mi Band 4. Any other color trackers getting launched this year? - if so I can wait for sometime.

Mi Band 4 seems to have all that I require and comes at a mouth watering price. I used an Mi A1 for more than 2 years and the experience was very positive.

Regarding 3 party apps for Mi 4 - From what I gathered from net Notify & Fitness has a steep learning curve. Is it so? And what is the need for a separate app for sleep tracking? Doesn't Notify & Fitness capture sleep data.

Can't we sync with Google Fit/ Samsung Health/My Fitness Pal etc.?

I would want to have all the data getting synched to one app rather than use multiple apps. Also the Mi Fit app doesn't seem to be the best one out there.

Last edited by nibedk : 6th October 2019 at 00:06. Reason: Correction
Old 6th October 2019, 02:23   #313
Team-BHP Support

I see so much discussion on the accuracy of the steps, sleep, heart rate etc.

Just curious how sincerely folks follow these details? Do you folks keep looking at periodic stats? Do you follow and take corrective actions based on the same?

Also another thing I noticed is that: Bands are slowly taking over the watches. How far is this true?

Folks who invest in bands: Have you been using watches prior? If no then its a moot point simply because anything you prefer is subject to the first assertion which I proposed.

But if indeed you have been using watches in the past and are now serious to get a fitness band to track your stats, then surely, it would be a difficult idea to digest having a band instead of a nice watch! I went through the same emotion because even I love watches and have a good collection. Hence I always wanted a fitness tracker which I would be able to wear on a daily basis even to office.

Needless to say that nice watch collection of mine is nicely locked in a closet, while I have been running away (literally!) with a Garmin Vivoactive 3. When I would look for a change whenever its due, it will always be on these lines.

Would love to hear from others.
Old 7th October 2019, 14:55   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I see so much discussion on the accuracy of the steps, sleep, heart rate etc.

Just curious how sincerely folks follow these details? Do you folks keep looking at periodic stats? Do you follow and take corrective actions based on the same?
I have been using a TomTom watch for more than an year now. I was looking for a running watch with GPS and wrist-based HR monitoring and got a very good deal on the watch. Then I realised that it has 24/7 HR monitoring, sleep and steps tracking. It's looks pretty ordinary, but that didn't stop me from swapping my Citizen Ecodrive out in favour of the TomTom.

Coming to the daily tracking, I have set a goal of 1 hour of active time per day. I do check the watch to see how I am doing, and it is satisfying to see when the goal is reached. I don't reach the goal everyday, but given that I run 4 or 5 times a week, it's pretty easy for me to exceed the 7h goal for any given week.

The watch offers pretty basic sleep tracking - just the number of hours slept - and no further insight. I rarely check this. I rely on my energy/tiredness levels to make sure I am getting enough sleep. There's one more reason why I don't check sleep data, and it is because it is often wrong (more on that below).

I have 24/7 HR monitoring ON, but again this is not something I check all the time. I do check it once a week or so to see if the average resting HR shows any significant variation. My average resting HR is normally pretty low. I think this fools the watch into thinking I am asleep even when I am fully awake but not moving much (binge-watching Netflix for eg, or even working sitting at my desk in office). This is another reason why I don't pay much attention to the sleep data.

I am looking to upgrade and will surely go for a watch and not a band and definitely something that looks a bit better. The only thing that has prevented me from upgrading is that the TomTom performs the basic running watch functions really well - apart from GPS and wrist-based HR, it also supports downloading custom workouts, downloading custom routes and supports basic breadcrumb-style "following the route". I picture the TomTom telling me like a character from a popular Malayalam movie "Enikkoru look illennu ullu, bhayankara budhiya" (translates to "I only lack the looks, but I am smart")

Last edited by StarrySky : 7th October 2019 at 14:56.
Old 7th October 2019, 15:03   #315
BHPian

There is a -ve in Honor band 5. The step count in app showing is the sum of steps counted in device/watch/band + steps counted by your connected mobile. There is no workaround for this I think.
Positive is the Honor health app. This is far better than mi fit app.

Last edited by _chikku : 7th October 2019 at 15:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks