Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2018, 13:35   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

The inactive alert is not working on my gearfit2. the options are all turned on but no luck.

what could be the issue?
Old 24th August 2018, 18:15   #257
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday, I got my Amazfit BIP smartwatch. Still trying to get it paired to the phone. Here is the problem.

I installed Mifit app on my iPhone and created a Mi account, got an activation mail, and activated the account. But when I try to log in, the app always throws an error "account does not exist". I am able to log into the Mi account through web.

Anybody faced this issue? Any solutions?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Without the app, the watch can't even be used as a paper weight (it is quite light ).
Old 24th August 2018, 18:19   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Yesterday, I got my Amazfit BIP smartwatch. Still trying to get it paired to the phone. Here is the problem.

Don't know if I am actually providing any solution, but two months back when I got same watch for my wife, while logging in Mifit app I used Google account login and it was breeze. I didn't create any specific new login.

KK

Last edited by ampere : 28th November 2018 at 15:48. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 24th August 2018, 20:37   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
Don't know if I am actually providing any solution, but two months back when I got same watch for my wife, while logging in Mifit app I used Google account login and it was breeze. I didn't create any specific new login.

KK
I tried logging using GMail account. Same error!
Old 16th September 2018, 11:29   #260
BHPian

I am having a mi band 2 since the launch days. The heart rate seems to be not detected if the band is tied to my hand. However heart rate is detected if i keep the band under one of my fingers. This has been the case for an year or so. Just posting it here, to see if anyone else is facing the same issue and have found a fix?
Old 16th September 2018, 13:48   #261
BHPian

Hi experts, I am looking for a smart band/watch for the wife. I basically need the following features:

1. GPS,
2. apple music (preferable)
3. heart rate monitor
4. hybrid (preferable coz of battery life and wifes habit of staying away from chargers
5. calorie and step counts
6. notification would be welcome but not decisive

Kindly suggest me a good option. Thanks.
Old 28th September 2018, 10:01   #262
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to buy a fitness band to use as a silent alarm to wake me up (without disturbing others) and to motivate me to get my daily dose of exercise.

Will the Mi Band 3 suit my requirement ?

Will it solve the purpose of a silent alarm ?

Rohan
Old 28th September 2018, 11:16   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
I am planning to buy a fitness band to use as a silent alarm to wake me up (without disturbing others) and to motivate me to get my daily dose of exercise.

Will the Mi Band 3 suit my requirement ?

Will it solve the purpose of a silent alarm ?

Rohan
I have been mi bands since the time they launched (initially Mi Band 1 and then Mi Band HRX currently). Though gimmicky features like sleep tracking are available, I use it for primarily 2 reasons:

1) Alarm - it vibrates and doesn't disturb anyone else. The vibration is strong enough to wake you up. It has a backup alarm feature in case the vibration does not wake you up.

2) Call alert - The band vibrates when you receive a call and shows the caller name/number as well. This is an extremely useful feature for me as my phone is usually on silent and lying around somewhere. I rarely miss calls due to this feature
Old 29th September 2018, 14:23   #264
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone has had a chance to look at this. BTW my RHR is 48

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/ex...133124215.html

Highlights
1. The data suggests that a high resting heart rate (RHR) is a strong predictor of early death. According to the Copenhagen Heart Study, for example, you’re twice as likely to die from heart problems if your RHR is 80, compared with someone whose RHR is below 50. And three times as likely to die if your RHR is over 90.
2. Studies have found a link between RHR and diabetes, too. “In China, 100,000 individuals were followed for four years,” says Hulya Emir-Farinas, Fitbit’s director of data science. “For every 10 beats per minute increase in resting heart rate, the risk of developing diabetes later in life was 23 percent higher.”

So what’s a good RHR? “The lower the better. It really is that simple,” she says.

Your RHR is probably between 60 and 100 beats a minute. If it’s outside of that range, you should see a doctor. There could be something wrong.

(The exception: If you’re a trained athlete, a normal RHR can be around 40 beats a minute. If you’re Usain Bolt, it’s 33.).
Old 29th September 2018, 14:36   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Has anyone has had a chance to look at [resting heart rate].
The correlation between lower RHR and better health is one that has been observed over years. It is particularly noticeable in people who've done aerobic training to improve their stamina (i.e. cardiovascular fitness and oxygen carrying capacity), where there is a pronounced (and a good) drop in RHR.

However, a low RHR could also be an indicator of an enlarged heart, which is a medical condition. That's why doctor's assess RHR alongside their naked eye assessment of the patient, and their questions about lifestyle.

It might not be that a lower RHR is a direct indicator of lower risk of death, but indirectly that a lower RHR is due to better fitness, which in turn lowers the risk of death.

In automotive terms (this is TBHP, after all!), a lower RHR is similar to using a larger capacity engine running at lower RPM/lesser strain to achieve a particular speed, as opposed to a small capacity engine straining to maintain the same speed (e.g. think of a Nano and Corolla both doing triple digit speeds).
Old 1st October 2018, 22:30   #266
Senior - BHPian

I just got the Series 4 Cellular. Thanks for all the feedback here on the previous gen. So far liking it.

Its much faster than series 3 and most apps seems to work without any lag. Battery life is also great. Keep the LTE off unless I am out exercising. Compared the heart rate reading/steps to a dedicated device and its close enough. Really enjoy the inactivity notification which is a great plus. I tend to sit a lot.

Love the fact you can leave the phone behind. Waiting to get some upgrade bands. My 6S must be jealous now.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 1st October 2018 at 22:31.
Old 1st October 2018, 22:37   #267
Senior - BHPian

Bought the Mi band 3 and it was delivered today.
I was on the lookout for a cheap band which would track steps & physical activity (sports) and the mi band 3 promises these at an affordable price. I do not intend to use the alarm / call / message features. Heart rate monitoring is a good thing to have.
Till now the setup & initial usage was easy. Eager to check how it tracks sports after my next tennis session.
Old 28th November 2018, 14:45   #268
Senior - BHPian

A question to those who use fitbit - any idea how to get pictures like this after you finish a run?

Name:  fitbit.PNG
Views: 746
Size:  983.5 KB

(Source)

--Anoop
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:34   #269
Team-BHP Support

Looking at a good quality fitness band with heart rate monitor.

Options are Samsung Gearfit2 Pro or Fitbit Charge 2. The fitbit is older without water proofing and Samsung sounds like a better deal at under 10K when on sale.

The Fitbit is more well known but my last Charge HR gave up in a year. This is for my dad so something that doesn't look cheap and feels good.

Doesn't need features of smart watch but should be easy to see the steps and heart rate.

I am leaning towards the Samsung.
Old 3rd December 2018, 10:59   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Looking at a good quality fitness band with heart rate monitor.

Options are Samsung Gearfit2 Pro or Fitbit Charge 2. The fitbit is older without water proofing and Samsung sounds like a better deal at under 10K when on sale.

The Fitbit is more well known but my last Charge HR gave up in a year. This is for my dad so something that doesn't look cheap and feels good.

Doesn't need features of smart watch but should be easy to see the steps and heart rate.

I am leaning towards the Samsung.
Why dont you try MI Band 3? Its really good and good value for money. You can set heart rater monitoring depending on your requirements = Automatic, sleep detection and also set intervals for monitoring.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks