Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2021, 19:54   #571
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
I have the TREX pro and am super happy with it. Does everything i need for home work outs, sleep, biking, heart rate. Connected to Strava and i can monitor my progress better than the foolish app, which is the only let down. I use the watch for multiple workouts every single day.
Trex Pro probably fits all my requirements. I only wish it was more on the formal type of face (not getting a word for it but more like what Samsung Active is). I would feel a bit awkward while wearing this watch to office with my formals. It is more of a military/casual style watch rather than a formal watch. Well will be on the lookout for more but you never know that I might end up buying the Trex Pro
Old 12th August 2021, 20:25   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Trex Pro probably fits all my requirements. I only wish it was more on the formal type of face (not getting a word for it but more like what Samsung Active is). I would feel a bit awkward while wearing this watch to office with my formals. It is more of a military/casual style watch rather than a formal watch. Well will be on the lookout for more but you never know that I might end up buying the Trex Pro
I understand. I love the gshock styling, so this watch is great for me.
Old 15th August 2021, 10:53   #573
BHPian

Any Team-Bhp member using this smart watch ? What is the overall feedback and consistency in connectivity with the phone and battery life ?

https://www.amazon.in/Charcoal-14-Da...08YNRVT3D?th=1
Old 16th August 2021, 13:05   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbaj View Post
Any Team-Bhp member using this smart watch ? What is the overall feedback and consistency in connectivity with the phone and battery life ?

https://www.amazon.in/Charcoal-14-Da...08YNRVT3D?th=1
I had the opportunity of using this for a short while. I was mighty impressed with the battery life, it comes for 10-14 days depending on your usage. It is a sturdy watch with good user community for tweaking and playing around with the abundant premium watch faces (apart from the available ones). The connectivity is also good with the phone, I was able to take calls from the watch without any issues. The voice clarity is also pretty good, you should be able to use it in crowded places as well without much discomfort. The storage in the watch is less though, the watch skins cant be downloaded once the memory gets full and you will then need to delete a few from the watch before you can download new ones.

In a matter of 1 month, I moved to a Samsung Galaxy Watch 3(gifted), and this is lying unused since then.

Its a very good watch in my opinion, and if have the money to spend, you should surely go for it.
saikatmandal04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 00:50   #575
Senior - BHPian

Are there any smart watches to which we can write custom applications?

Similar to developing android applications for phone, is it possible to create applications on Android studio for smartwatches?
Old 24th August 2021, 10:00   #576
BHPian

I got these about 10 days back.
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20210824095943.jpg

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20210813wa0030.jpeg

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20210813wa0019.jpeg

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img20210813143954.jpg

GTR 2e for me, GTS 2 mini for my wife.

Have been using it to track my walks and it is working well enough.

Both watches have been charged only once till date and I can get through a day on about 8-9% battery with continuous Heart rate tracking and sleep tracking active. Haven't needed to turn on AOD, lift wrist to wake works well enough.

Battery backup is similar on both the watches for all intents and purposes. My watch is seeing more GPS time so the larger mAh might be helping here. But she walks more indoors so that cancels it out.. probably.

The watch syncs easily with Google Fit so that opens up the data for more analysis elsewhere.

Don't use SPO2 too much since I don't think it is too accurate on its own. The reason it is useful is because this sensor is used in sleep breath tracking and identification of sleep breathing difficulty. This was caught in both of our sleeps and adequate steps were taken to fix the issue.

It took me a few days to get a hang of it but for the last few days, I am liking how PAI is helpful in motivating me to make my workouts more vigorous.
I had read people online crib about it but I am finding that feature the most useful of them all.

It's still early days, but I will keep sharing my experiences here and adding updates.

Last edited by antz.bin : 24th August 2021 at 10:14.
antz.bin is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 11:27   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

I am looking for wearable that's not a watch. Maybe a dongle or something that can worn around the neck or something. Does any such thing exist, with basic requirement being to count steps. If smarter, better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
You can try a pedometer. It clips onto your belt or you can wear it around your neck.

Like this

https://www.amazon.in/Realalt-3DTriS...9785195&sr=8-6
Yeah, I saw that, or something similar.
That would be the last option. I was looking for something that that can connect to Google fit. Something like the Fitbit Zip.
That, unfortunately, is not available on any trusted websites now.

Last edited by mayankk : 24th August 2021 at 11:44.
Old 24th August 2021, 11:37   #578
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
I am looking for wearable that's not a watch. Maybe a dongle or something that can worn around the neck or something. Does any such thing exist, with basic requirement being to count steps. If smarter, better.
You can try a pedometer. It clips onto your belt or you can wear it around your neck.

Like this

https://www.amazon.in/Realalt-3DTriS...9785195&sr=8-6

Last edited by Eddy : 24th August 2021 at 11:38.
Eddy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 13:31   #579
BHPian

I am thinking about getting the Samsung Watch 4 and have a few questions. Please note that this will be my first smartwatch:

1. Based on most reviews, the battery might need charging every night. Assuming daily charging, will the watch battery last at least a couple of years? Also, do they replace batteries at the service center?

2. I know that some features such as ECG monitoring are not available in India. Is there any way to unlock these features?
Old 31st August 2021, 13:58   #580
Senior - BHPian

What would be a good band/watch to buy which has wifi/streaming music service/google fit syncing?

Looking to replace my phone while doing my morning runs.
Old 31st August 2021, 15:45   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post
I am thinking about getting the Samsung Watch 4
I have my eye on it too. Finally something good has come from the Samsung/Google JV. Finally an android friendly LTE watch in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
What would be a good band/watch to buy which has wifi/streaming music service/google fit syncing?

Looking to replace my phone while doing my morning runs.
Samsung Watch 4 or THIS (The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread)
Old 31st August 2021, 17:30   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Does Samsung watch sync with Google fit? I have an old Samsung band which does not sync with Google Fit so it's just lying idle gathering dust.

The mobvoi looks good, but is it a trustworthy brand?
Old 31st August 2021, 18:17   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Does Samsung watch sync with Google fit? I have an old Samsung band which does not sync with Google Fit so it's just lying idle gathering dust.

The mobvoi looks good, but is it a trustworthy brand?
Samsung Watch runs Wear OS, Google's OS. I've been using Mobvoi for 4 months now and it has Wear OS too and Google fit runs well. Do consider the LTE version of Samsung Watch 4. Not too expensive compared to say iWatch.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 18:42   #584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Samsung Watch runs Wear OS, Google's OS. I've been using Mobvoi for 4 months now and it has Wear OS too and Google fit runs well. Do consider the LTE version of Samsung Watch 4. Not too expensive compared to say iWatch.
Quick question: Do the music apps on smartwatches work as a standalone app or only as a companion to the phone?
Old 1st September 2021, 09:03   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Quick question: Do the music apps on smartwatches work as a standalone app or only as a companion to the phone?
Standalone. YouTube music in particular lets you store music offline.
vinu_h is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks