Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2017, 20:24   #8491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I am looking for TV for my living room. Will be mostly used for Netflix, Amazon, Hotstar and Youtube. Plus PS3. Don't have cable connection and will not get one.Any suggestions?

The Panasonic 58 inch is a good one. I got one recently and am using the Fire tv stick with it. Extremely decent on the quality and the screen size is perfect. The blacks are true black.

Panasonic 147 cm (58 inches) TH-58D300DX Full HD LED TV https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01LZ9AU3R/..._uKeeAb85QJQBK
Old 18th November 2017, 20:32   #8492
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Yeah i saw that but 58 inches is too big for my living room. I saw a 49 inch one:

https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-inch...%3A11962150031

How are panasonic TVs in general?
Old 1st December 2017, 19:52   #8493
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thank you guys for the inputs

Amansanc, I didn't see this message until just now and coincidentally I happened to buy exactly the same Vu TV (40") but, during the Appliance sale couple of days ago and got it for INR 19, 990/-
I am also planning to buy this Vu FHD TV (39") in Flipkart for 19,990. Please provide your feedback on this TV. Sorry for quoting your old post as I am looking for a long term usage feedback.
Old 7th December 2017, 08:22   #8494
BHPian

Hi Friends - I have a query on extended warranty.

I am on lookout for Sony/Samsung LED TV and I found that offline retailers like Croma, Reliance Digital are giving better price than Amazon, Flipkart. However, each of them are giving their own (croma) or third party (like jeeves.in etc) extended warranty. Sony Center people say that the extended warranty given them is from the company. I could not get much information on whether Samsung provides extended warranty directly.

Query - Can I purchase TV from Croma / Vijay Sales / Reliance Digital and then purchase extended warranty directly from company? Do company provide extended warranty or I need to go through retailer or third party? Please share your experience.
Old 7th December 2017, 08:33   #8495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Hi Friends - I have a query on extended warranty.

I am on lookout for Sony/Samsung LED TV and I found that offline retailers like Croma, Reliance Digital are giving better price than Amazon, Flipkart. However, each of them are giving their own (croma) or third party (like jeeves.in etc) extended warranty. Sony Center people say that the extended warranty given them is from the company. I could not get much information on whether Samsung provides extended warranty directly.

Query - Can I purchase TV from Croma / Vijay Sales / Reliance Digital and then purchase extended warranty directly from company? Do company provide extended warranty or I need to go through retailer or third party? Please share your experience.
I bought my Samsung 55H6400 TV from Croma. After 6 months, I bought extended warranty for 2 years directly from Samsung by calling their customer care. They redirected me to their authorized service center and service center did the rest. I got official samsung letter stating my extended warranty.
Old 7th December 2017, 12:36   #8496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
I bought extended warranty for 2 years directly from Samsung by calling their customer care.
Thanks a lot. This really helps. I can purchase TV with default warranty and then get it extended from company.
Old 7th December 2017, 13:49   #8497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How are panasonic TVs in general?
Panasonic Plasma were rock solid performers and were considered to be top of the line plasmas. Their LCD may not carry the same legacy. My shopping for TV these days is completely different. Fix a budget, get the biggest size. The difference in features hardly matters and i do not need anything more than full HD. We are no where close to getting UHD service in the near future.

My current tv is around 4 years old and is a Pana Plasma. Most beautiful movie experience and very comfortable on eyes.
Old 8th December 2017, 11:23   #8498
BHPian

Planning to upgrade my 8 year old Toshiba 32 inch LCD, have shortlisted Vu 50 linch 4K HDR model (at 43K from flipkart). There are a lot of positive reviews, but not sure of the brand because I could not find this brand in any of the local stores nor it is available in Croma, Reliance digital etc.

Any first hand experience/feedback will be helpful.
PS: I'm on limited budget hence not looking at the likes of Sony, LG etc.
Old 11th December 2017, 14:55   #8499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Planning to upgrade my 8 year old Toshiba 32 inch LCD, have shortlisted Vu 50 linch 4K HDR model (at 43K from flipkart). There are a lot of positive reviews, but not sure of the brand because I could not find this brand in any of the local stores nor it is available in Croma, Reliance digital etc.
Quoting self.

Did not feel comfortable on VU and no feedback from fellow BHPians either so went ahead with Panasonic 4k 49 inch (TH-49EX480DX) from Croma.

Got delivery on Saturday afternoon and within two hours came the installation engineer from Panasonic. While installing he observed a scratch on left bottom corner of panel. He was quick to raise a replacement request and after talking to someone, confirmed replacement that will take 5-6 days. He gave the option to install this one until replacement comes in but I refused and decided to wait.
Felt bad yet satisfied at the same time. Had he not pointed out, I may have missed that scratch.

Surprisingly Sunday morning I get a call from Croma (I had informed them about the issue on Saturday evening) informing that I have an option of replacement from them instead from Panasonic and they will take only one working day to replace. And just a hour back my son tells me replacement is done.
Super impressed with both Panasonic and Croma.

Here's the picture of the scratch:
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-image1.jpeg  

Last edited by S.MJet : 11th December 2017 at 14:58.
Old 11th December 2017, 16:14   #8500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any first hand experience/feedback will be helpful.
PS: I'm on limited budget hence not looking at the likes of Sony, LG etc.
I have been using a VU 40" smart TV for the past year and I am honestly very satisfied with this TV. I was very apprehensive when buying but at 25K it was a steal compared to the Samsung's & Sony's at 45k plus for a similar TV.

The only downside to VU TV's is the sub par sound quality which I have taken care of with external speakers.

We have a Sony at home, I had a Samsung before this and I find the VU picture quality very good. Additionally the TV came with a 3 year warranty as well !

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 11th December 2017 at 16:23.
Old 11th December 2017, 20:49   #8501
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I have been using a VU 40" smart TV for the past year and I am honestly very satisfied with this TV. I was very apprehensive when buying but at 25K it was a steal compared to the Samsung's & Sony's at 45k plus for a similar TV.

The only downside to VU TV's is the sub par sound quality which I have taken care of with external speakers.

We have a Sony at home, I had a Samsung before this and I find the VU picture quality very good. Additionally the TV came with a 3 year warranty as well !
I have been rather unlucky with Vu. Bought a 40" LED for ~19k. Within 2 years of purchase, it seems to have developed a defect where half the screen is becoming grey-ish, not very evident normally, but the black bar uptop and at bottom seem to highlight it - they are not completely black. The warranty I had was for a year. Waiting for it to die out eventually before picking a mainstream brand next.
Old 12th December 2017, 10:10   #8502
BHPian

Quote:
I have been using a VU 40" smart TV for the past year and I am honestly very satisfied with this TV.
Good to know they are as good as the top brands.
Quote:
That would have been additional expense for me.
Quote:
Additionally the TV came with a 3 year warranty as well !
Now they are offering only one year warranty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
I have been rather unlucky with Vu. Bought a 40" LED for ~19k. Within 2 years of purchase, it seems to have developed a defect where half the screen is becoming grey-ish, not very evident normally, but the black bar uptop and at bottom seem to highlight it - they are not completely black.
Sorry about that.

Anyways, I have already taken the plunge with Panasonic, and till now it seems it was right decision for me as far as service is concerned, and yes it has three years warranty.
Old 12th December 2017, 16:07   #8503
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting self.

so went ahead with Panasonic 4k 49 inch (TH-49EX480DX) from Croma.
Congratulations on your purchase.
Can you share the cost?
I am also planning to buy an additional 50 inch tv for my house. My budget is around 50k. Was thinking of panasonic 49ES630D or LG 49LJ 617T.
Old 12th December 2017, 16:28   #8504
BHPian

Hey guys,

Looking to buy a TV purely for gaming and nothing else. Requirements are -

1)Min 43 inches
2)Good motion rate
3)Within 50 k if possible

Please suggest as the only TV we have in the house is a 32 inch Panasonic lcd bought 11 years back and still functions flawlessly so haven't really been catching up on the current happenings in the industry.
Old 12th December 2017, 16:33   #8505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
Congratulations on your purchase.
Can you share the cost?
I am also planning to buy an additional 50 inch tv for my house. My budget is around 50k. Was thinking of panasonic 49ES630D or LG 49LJ 617T.
Thanks. It costed me Rs 58030/- after discounts. (MRP on the box is Rs 111900)
I also checked out LG 49LJ 617T but went ahead with this one mainly due to it being 4K ultra HD and built in cromecast plus all ports etc. are either on the side or bottom. Non are at the back, easy to operate in wall mount installation.

As per Croma guys, this model is Croma exclusive, not available online at Flipkart, Amazon etc.

Most Viewed