Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2018, 10:10   #8551
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Update from Flipkart.

No mention of 10% instant discount for HDFC and the so called installation free is only on the table top and Rs.399 for wall mount. As usual, limited stocks.

https://www.flipkart.com/mi-led-smar...anner_widget_0
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:16   #8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
In my experience from Chennai, the sony technicians are very capable and do a good job. They do component level repair and do not insist on panel change unless necessary. If you send me a pic and symptoms I can ask the sony technician who fixed my TV, his opinion.
By pic, do you mean just a front snap of the TV or the insides (which would be harder)? The symptom is the bottom red LED blinking six times in a loop. Aparently, that indicates some kind of hardware issue. After turning it on, the bottom LED glows white for a few seconds and then goes into the 6-blinks loop. No picture or sound.

The TV technician who came to my house opened the back panel, plugged in the power supply to see if there was an issue (wasn’t), took out the multimeter and checked a couple of the circuit boards, and declared that the panel was bad. Maybe this is the SOP and he knew what the issue was, but he didn’t enlighten me beyond saying the panel had gone bad. The service center has quoted 57K for the panel.

I am trying to get info about repair centres in BLR but except for one place that I found online, no leads.

Thanks for helping out.
Old 23rd February 2018, 09:24   #8553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMonk View Post
By pic, do you mean just a front snap of the TV or the insides (which would be harder)?.
PM me the TV model number and are you using it with a step down transformer or does it support global voltage? I wasnt able to PM you, maybe you have to enable it. I will whatsapp these symptoms with model number to the technician I know once I have your model information.
Old 23rd February 2018, 20:41   #8554
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
bottom LED glows white for a few seconds and then goes into the 6-blinks loop. No picture or sound.
Have your googled this fault? Blinking led is usually like the limp home mode on cars. It's telling you something. Would also make sense to find an honest recommended mechanic. That's how my TV got repaired for 3k, rather than the 30k quoted by the LG guy.
Also, has he offered you a buy back?
Old 23rd February 2018, 22:16   #8555
BHPian

Dear fellow members

We recently purchased Samsung 55inch full HD smart TV. Excellent product except that backlight bleeding on the left side of the screen. Had Samsung technicians checked the unit and they termed it as normal! Pushing them resulted in panel change under warranty but the new panel has exactly same bleeding on the left side of the tv which means its just not our tv but the model itself has the issue (like with most of so called modern days' advanced LED TVs) .

Honestly, we were aware about the screen bleeding issue on these super slim tvs beforehand but never realised it would bother us this much. Under normal lighting conditions, it can't be detected but in dark environment, it is very much there.

Question - is there any way to reduce/eliminate it? We have tried all sorts of settings to minimise it (reducing backlight level etc.) but nothing worked. Any new idea would be highly appreciated.

Regards
Col Mehta

Last edited by Col Mehta : 23rd February 2018 at 22:32.
Old 24th February 2018, 10:34   #8556
Senior - BHPian

Give this a shot. You SHOULD get favorable results. Rub/tap the affected area in one direction. Make sure the screen is showing black and you are off angle. The pressure required is negligible and you should see a difference. And dont worry, LED screens are fragile but not to a point that they will get damaged if you apply some pressure on them.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:40   #8557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Dear fellow members

We recently purchased Samsung 55inch full HD smart TV.
I faced a similar issue with one Samsung 49M5100, turned out that the set top box was placed too near the to the TV. Setting it up at a distance solved the bleeding issue. I never thought a set top box can possibly cause such a thing.

Last edited by wrongturn : 24th February 2018 at 11:43.
Old 24th February 2018, 11:50   #8558

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Have your googled this fault? Blinking led is usually like the limp home mode on cars. It's telling you something. Would also make sense to find an honest recommended mechanic. That's how my TV got repaired for 3k, rather than the 30k quoted by the LG guy.
Also, has he offered you a buy back?
Thanks!

Yes, searched online quite a bit and all available information points to a hardware issue, just not sure whether it requires a panel replacement as recommended by Sony’s local service center.

Finding an honest technician is where I am struggling. Posted in a couple of forums, but no leads yet.

Are you in Bangalore? Where did you get it repaired?

No, they didn’t offer any buy back.
Old 24th February 2018, 12:59   #8559
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, searched online quite a bit and all available information points to a hardware issue, just not sure whether it requires a panel replacement as recommended by Sony’s local service center.

Finding an honest technician is where I am struggling. Posted in a couple of forums, but no leads yet.

Are you in Bangalore? Where did you get it repaired?

No, they didn’t offer any buy back.
If you're in a society, try and look for a close brick and mortar type close by. Typically, these guys have recurring business from the nearby people, so they tend to be more honest, at least if you live close-by. Am I making sense?
I am not in bangalore.
Why I asked about the buyback was because that was what the LG mech tried to pull with me. He told me the fault was going to cost a lot, and that he could buy the unit from me for 4-5k and salvage it for parts, and that I would not get more than 2k for the tv outside.
However, a local guy fixed the tv for 400 bucks. Just some dirt on a connector. Imagine.
Old 24th February 2018, 13:12   #8560

Quote:
If you're in a society, try and look for a close brick and mortar type close by. Typically, these guys have recurring business from the nearby people, so they tend to be more honest, at least if you live close-by. Am I making sense?
Thanks! Yes, makes perfect sense.

Quote:
I am not in bangalore.
Why I asked about the buyback was because that was what the LG mech tried to pull with me. He told me the fault was going to cost a lot, and that he could buy the unit from me for 4-5k and salvage it for parts, and that I would not get more than 2k for the tv outside.
However, a local guy fixed the tv for 400 bucks. Just some dirt on a connector. Imagine.
Agree, they pull out all the dirty tricks instead of doing business honestly. Haven’t offered me the buyback, but I guess panel replacement may be a trick, but, honestly, cant say for sure. Need a second opinion. I found a repair center by searching online and the person told me it may be possible to repair panel damage within 5-10K. Haven’t explored the option yet. Thanks again for the tips.
Old 24th February 2018, 13:24   #8561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Rub/tap the affected area in one direction. Make sure the screen is showing black and you are off angle.
Thanks, do you mean the tv should be switched off during this? I'll give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I faced a similar issue with one Samsung 49M5100, turned out that the set top box was placed too near the to the TV. Setting it up at a distance solved the bleeding issue. I never thought a set top box can possibly cause such a thing.
Tried it just now. No positive result though. How far did you keep the set up box from the tv? Did it solve the issue immediately or took some time? Thanks!
Old 24th February 2018, 13:29   #8562
Senior - BHPian

No, Tv switched on with a black display screen that clearly shows bleeding.
Old 24th February 2018, 13:30   #8563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post

Tried it just now. No positive result though. How far did you keep the set up box from the tv? Did it solve the issue immediately or took some time? Thanks!
It's setup below TV now at a distance of 20 inches approximately. Yes, it did resolve the issue immediately. You might want to unplug everything around your TV and then turn it on, if there is still visibly significant bleeding get it replaced.
Old 25th February 2018, 11:55   #8564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
No, Tv switched on with a black display screen that clearly shows bleeding.
Tried. No help. Thanks for your response though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
It's setup below TV now at a distance of 20 inches approximately. Yes, it did resolve the issue immediately. You might want to unplug everything around your TV and then turn it on, if there is still visibly significant bleeding get it replaced.
No improvement. Thanks!
Old 26th February 2018, 06:36   #8565
BHPian

Guys, i just received the Mi TV. i have the Amazon Fire stick but I am thinking of getting Amazon Fire tv 4k from US. Anyone using it in India? I want to know if everything works fine when using with Indian account and do we get the Indian content on Prime?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks