Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2022, 10:34   #301
BHPian

Re: The quintessential Apple Watch thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Got this for my daughter as I passed her the Series 6. Found it extremely uncomfortable to wear and completely takes out the user experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I used the second one. It takes away the user experience too because of the plastic screen. After a point I chucked the cases and have been using it as is.
Thank you for the quick response. Deleted this from the cart and have decided to use as is. Was considering it only because I was switching from a G shock .
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2022, 12:48   #302
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I used the second one. It takes away the user experience too because of the plastic screen.
It's tempered glass and the responsiveness is similar to a glass screen protector on the phone screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Deleted this from the cart and have decided to use as is. Was considering it only because I was switching from a G shock .
That's the ideal way. The screen is pretty good to take minor knocks. I was using it as-is for 2+ years. But it's different with kids - she managed to get a scratch within one week of wearing it and hence the protective case (maybe used to the way she was using the Casio Baby-G).
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 08:52   #303
BHPian

My wife presented me with a 45" Product Red Series 8 for my 60th birthday.

Being that this is the first time I am wearing a watch I find it not comfortable having something on my wrist. Plus due to the sensors the watch needs to be worn a bit snugly rather than very loosely.

I am on the default silicone strap that came with the watch, maybe I shall get a different strap later.

Am I happy with the watch? Well, I am loving the info it gives me re. health, sleep etc., but maybe it is making me more anxious about the readings and obsessively comparing them to acceptable tolerances and becoming competitive with myself. Is it making me as hypochondriac I wonder

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 01:32   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
Being that this is the first time I am wearing a watch I find it not comfortable having something on my wrist. Plus due to the sensors the watch needs to be worn a bit snugly rather than very loosely.

I am on the default silicone strap that came with the watch, maybe I shall get a different strap later.
I would recommend one of the adjustable loop style straps. The Nylon sport loops are especially comfortable and the micro adjustments may allow you to get the perfect fit.

When it comes to bands I feel one should invest in them early in your Apple Watch journey - For one, the bands fit across Watch generations and thus can last beyond this watch and two, having a good set of bands significantly improves the feel good experience of the watch with the comfort of a good fit, plus the joy of having nice looking bands.
Old 11th December 2022, 09:22   #305
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
When it comes to bands I feel one should invest in them early in your Apple Watch journey
This is so true. I waited for more than a month to have the Watch Ultra to be in stock with the blue ocean band (here in Singapore), and finally went ahead and got one with the trail loop. Absolutely hated the band as I was so used to the silicon band that came with the previous Series 6.

Since I don't want to spend close 140 SGD (~8400 INR) on a watch strap from Apple, ordered one from an online store, and got it delivered yesterday.

With the yellow/beige trail loop that came with the package

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_5545.jpg

And with the 12 SGD (~700 INR) blue ocean band

The quintessential Apple Watch thread-img_5958.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 06:15   #306
BHPian

After caring for the Apple Watch 4 for so many year, i managed to drop it today (thanks to a cheap DailyObjects magnetic loop band). The screen still lights up and the display seems okay, the glass screen is broken. Any idea how much Apple charges for a screen replacement? Any options outside Apple?
Old 23rd May 2023, 17:34   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifu View Post
I might have a friend coming from the US. Can you send some links of where I can get a series 7 with good discount? On amazon.com, I see it retailing at about $400.
I have a relative coming from the USA and the Apple Watch 7 GPS + Cellular is available for a decent price. Question is will the Cellular work with Airtel in India ?
Old 24th May 2023, 00:12   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
Question is will the Cellular work with Airtel in India ?
It should work fine. I’ve been using cellular on my Apple Watch ultra bought from US and also know a couple of friends using cellular on their previous gen (5-7) Apple watches bought from US.
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 23:07   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurbochargedT View Post
I have a relative coming from the USA and the Apple Watch 7 GPS + Cellular is available for a decent price. Question is will the Cellular work with Airtel in India ?
As far as I know it works without any issues.
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:26   #310
BHPian

Had been eyeing on Apple products for quite sometime and in April 2023 i picked up my first ever apple product - Iphone 14 -256 GB.

That was the first step into apple eco system and i am loving it every minute. Yesterday all of a sudden i felt the urge to have an apple watch! Trust me, i am one of those people who likes to have as less as possible charging devices!

But i could not hold my urge to pick up the watch, went through this thread since morning and in the noon i picked up Apple Watch SE 2 - 44mm GPS version from I Planet - Banashankari. Apple Watch SE 2 had all the feature which i wanted and did not see the need to go with Series 8.

Its close to 14 hours since i am wearing it and still exploring all the features. Wore it while i was sleeping and it did capture my sleep perfectly.

Have not used while taking bath though. I am little scared to wear it. I am aware that it is water resistant but somehow was scared. Do we enable any setting when taking bath and i did see there is an option to enable and later press hold the crown and water ejects! Found this interesting but scared to try it out. Did anyone use this feature?
Oppanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:33   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post
...That was the first step into apple eco system and i am loving it every minute. ...

Have not used while taking bath though. I am little scared to wear it. ...
Welcome to the Apple world. You'll love it.

As a general rule, avoid taking any electronics in water/ bath, unless they are specifically rated for diving/ underwater activities.
ValarMorghulis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 10:34   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppanna View Post

Have not used while taking bath though. I am little scared to wear it. I am aware that it is water resistant but somehow was scared. Do we enable any setting when taking bath and i did see there is an option to enable and later press hold the crown and water ejects! Found this interesting but scared to try it out. Did anyone use this feature?
There's no need to change any settings. Once you come out of water, it will prompt you for ejection of water, normal procedure. I have been using all my Apple watches from series 4 onwards to Ultra (water resistant) even for swimming and few shallow dives too.
NomadSK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 20:37   #313
BHPian

Extreme case advantage of Apple Watch !

Apple Watch saves life of Norwegian trail runner after horror fall.

https://tech.hindustantimes.com/wear...117594854.html
NomadSK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 15:24   #314
BHPian

I recently bought a galaxy watch 4 classic which was dead on arrival. Now I want to buy a basic apple Watch for my wife. Which one do you suggest?
Old 25th July 2023, 16:16   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shikh_oberoi View Post
I recently bought a galaxy watch 4 classic which was dead on arrival. Now I want to buy a basic apple Watch for my wife. Which one do you suggest?
Can i request you to check couple of pages here in this thread? This thread itself helped me to close on the apple watch when i was confused which model to go for.

Let me try to explain why did i choose on Apple Watch SE 2

1. This is my first apple watch and wanted to start at the entry level. This is the first time in my life i am wearing a smart watch. I was happy with my Seiko 5 automatic watch all these while.

2. Apple Watch SE 2 comes with two options. GPS only and GPS + Cellular. I chose GPS only because i use my Iphone 14 and there is no way i stay away from the phone. GPS+ Cellular version is slighly costly.

3. Apple Watch SE2 doesn't have ECG and SPO2 sensor which Series 8 has. Apart from these two rest of the features are same in both the models.

4. SE2 comes with Aluminium casing while Series 8 comes with Stainless Steel casing. I felt Aluminium casing is best for me to start with.

This is my second week with SE2 and i am loving it to the core. It syncs up with my phone instantly and user interface is something i love.

However sharing the comparison table from the apple website which will help you better to understand.

https://www.apple.com/in/watch/compare/

Last edited by Oppanna : 25th July 2023 at 16:20.
Oppanna is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks