Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 13:41   #4981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Aroy : I checked the manual of my LG - F12B4ND25 (6kg direct drive). There are two codes for "Motor Over Load" - CE and LE.
@Aroy, thank you !

Any info for a top loader ?
Old 19th February 2015, 13:21   #4982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Please post a review of it. Does it have resume on power failure feature? What I reading for various models is that if the power failure is more than 10 minutes you have to start over.
We had a power cut for a few mins in between a baking session and when power was restored, it did start off from where it let off. However, I do not know if it has a 10 min memory capacity or less.
the machine is very good btw and one of the best devices to have in a kitchen, especially if one eats a lot of bread.
Old 19th February 2015, 13:38   #4983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
We had a power cut for a few mins in between a baking session and when power was restored, it did start off from where it let off. However, I do not know if it has a 10 min memory capacity or less.
the machine is very good btw and one of the best devices to have in a kitchen, especially if one eats a lot of bread.
Thanks for the update.
BTW have you tried whole wheat bread? How does it turn out?
Old 19th February 2015, 16:00   #4984
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update.
BTW have you tried whole wheat bread? How does it turn out?
Yes intention was to make only whole wheat bread. However, the bread is turning out too heavy. Later my wife shifted to half wheat and half maida. It is better now. She was also trying with bread improvers, grains etc, with varying degrees of success. It is a daily learning curve, but its easy and good to eat home made...
The garlic breads, buns, etc are coming out brilliantly
Old 19th February 2015, 16:07   #4985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Yes intention was to make only whole wheat bread. However, the bread is turning out too heavy. Later my wife shifted to half wheat and half maida. It is better now. She was also trying with bread improvers, grains etc, with varying degrees of success. It is a daily learning curve, but its easy and good to eat home made...
The garlic breads, buns, etc are coming out brilliantly
Thanks!!
Now the important point - where did you buy and how much did it cost?
Old 19th February 2015, 16:29   #4986
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!!
Now the important point - where did you buy and how much did it cost?
I had answered this earlier, anyway - I picked it up in Helsinki and it cost me all of 47Euro .
There seemed to be some kind of half price sale going on in one of the stores that I walked into by chance. I saw this in another store at 100Euro, so i got lucky...
Old 25th February 2015, 17:51   #4987
Senior - BHPian

The 13 year old refrigerator at home is showing problems and we had to get the service technician at home to take a look at it. The panel for adjusting the temperature is gone and now he has bypassed it and there is no replacement in stock. It is now at a fixed temperature and it cannot be adjusted. We are thinking of replacing this.

We hardly use the freezer and it is difficult for my mom to bend down to reach the veggie tray, so was thinking on the bottom freezer series. How is the hitachi bottom freezer series?

http://www.hitachi-hli.com/productde...ottom-Freezer/
Old 25th February 2015, 18:20   #4988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
We hardly use the freezer and it is difficult for my mom to bend down to reach the veggie tray, so was thinking on the bottom freezer series. How is the hitachi bottom freezer series?

http://www.hitachi-hli.com/productde...ottom-Freezer/
We have been using the hitachi bottom freezer refrigerator for the past 7+ years. It's been going good for all these years without any issues. No service visits as of now. Very silent. No regrets!
Old 26th February 2015, 10:10   #4989
BHPian

Any idea why a capacitor based stepped fan speed regulator would burn out this way?
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_20150225_114805106.jpg  

Old 26th February 2015, 10:40   #4990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Using Panasonic bottom freezer refrigerator for about 3 years now. No issues as of yet. I must add that the bottom mounted freezer is a very practical design. Once you get used to it, you will ask to yourself that why did they put the freezer on top earlier!
Old 26th February 2015, 11:17   #4991
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Using Panasonic bottom freezer refrigerator for about 3 years now. No issues as of yet. I must add that the bottom mounted freezer is a very practical design. Once you get used to it, you will ask to yourself that why did they put the freezer on top earlier!
In the days of the old single door units, cooling was by convection, and the freezer was kept on top to facilitate this. Even today a lot of US systems have the freezer on top, which for the past twenty plus years in Europe they are bottom freezers. Also, most of these have drawers to stone frozen food.
Old 26th February 2015, 11:22   #4992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
In the days of the old single door units, cooling was by convection, and the freezer was kept on top to facilitate this. Even today a lot of US systems have the freezer on top, which for the past twenty plus years in Europe they are bottom freezers. Also, most of these have drawers to stone frozen food.
Thank you sir for the information. However, no two ways that vegetable tray bottom makes little sense, more for us in India.
Old 26th February 2015, 19:02   #4993
BANNED

Let me give an anecdote. I had a Zanussi three door and once a colleague visited (pucca US) and seeing the bottom freezer he said, 'What a weird fridge'. says it all.
Old 26th February 2015, 19:21   #4994
Senior - BHPian

Recently, my LG microwave started behaving erratically. Its door button was starting to misbehave. Sometimes it would work if i pressed the door button slightly, sometimes the micro would turn on when the door was opened etc etc.

A couple of google searches later, I was sure that one of the relay switches for the door had conked off. Took the microwave apart, borrowed a friend's multimeter and figured out the faulty relay switch. Then came the more difficult part of sourcing it! Finally a house appliance repair shop gave me the number of their supplier and I placed an order with them. Wifey said that I have one shot at it. If it does not work, then out we go to buy a new microwave!

Anyway, short story long, the switch arrived two days later, i fitted it in, closed the microwave and viola! Started working like new!

Saved me a pretty penny too
Old 27th February 2015, 02:14   #4995
Senior - BHPian

Going out this weekend to check for refrigerators. Will check out the Panasonic refrigerators as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks