Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2018, 19:31   #6826
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
It will be dry enough to wear.
Yes, dry enough to wear, but on the negative side, clothes get wrinkled. You cannot just hang it from a hanger and wear it - as I used to do earlier with kurtas etc.

We bought it 7-8 years ago, because we had experienced it in the US earlier, and there was construction activity in the next plot which resulted in a cement layer on every piece of cloth hung out to dry. It was a great decision, because the construction went on for 5 years.

It is quite convenient.
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:18   #6827
BHPian

Thanks for the inputs. Now will have to shortlist the dryer models. Can only see IFB and Siemens. Do other manufacturers don't have dryers? Is IFB good enough,because the price difference between Siemens is almost 10-12k.
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:40   #6828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Thanks for the inputs. Now will have to shortlist the dryer models. Can only see IFB and Siemens. Do other manufacturers don't have dryers? Is IFB good enough,because the price difference between Siemens is almost 10-12k.
I have been using a dryer in India since 2004 simply because of the practicality it offers.

We chose between Bosch and Siemens when we replaced the last unit 2 years back. IFB used to be good when they were IFB Bosch.

Last edited by BackInTheFold : 22nd August 2018 at 10:41.
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:58   #6829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I had asked some questions related to Dishwashers earlier and heard good feedback on Bosch Dishwashers here on the forum. Based on the feedback we have zeroed in on the Bosch as a brand.

However, there seems to be two similar models and I am not very clear what is the difference between the two models:

SMS46KI03E
https://www.bosch-home.in/productlis...dth/SMS46KI03E

SMS46KI01E
https://www.bosch-home.in/productlis...dth/SMS46KI01E

Called the Bosch store and the guy said some economy modes are different in the two but did not explain very clearly. He said the more moving item is the SMS46KI01E and recommended that. But said both models are available.

Any additional information about these two models would help in my decision making. Thanks!
We are using the SMS46KI01E for the past few months. The difference between this and the SMS46KI03E is a couple of modes which we did not find much useful for our kind of cooking. Cost difference was a few thousand rupees.

As for the machine, it is fabulous. cleans every nook and corner of the dishes with minimal usage of water. There are lot of modes available for every kind of cleaning. The operation is very silent and you barely hear a thing unless you listen to the operation keenly.

There are three main consumables
1. Salt
2. Rinse Aid
3. Detergent

1 & 2 require refill every month if you use it once a day. Detergent has to be filled in before every wash, just like a washing machine.
Old 28th August 2018, 21:13   #6830
Senior - BHPian

Anybody have used Karcher WD3 vacuum cleaner? Our old Eureka Forbes is not that powerful and is broken at many places due to misuse.

I read a review that Karcher WD3 is powerful but lacking attachments. Will it be able to vacuum my bed/mattress or does it require a different attachment?
Old 29th August 2018, 09:27   #6831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
However, there seems to be two similar models and I am not very clear what is the difference between the two models:

SMS46KI03E
https://www.bosch-home.in/productlis...dth/SMS46KI03E

SMS46KI01E
https://www.bosch-home.in/productlis...dth/SMS46KI01E
The 03 has a different mode for cooker whereas 01 has hygiene mode. That's how it is with most Bosch and siemens models.

I had to replace my Siemens front load after 4.5 years, I had bought the higher model with all fancy modes like eco perfect, hygiene and some other stuff.

In 4.5 years we didnt use of any of the modes except for daily wash, delicates and timer function.

This time I got a Bosch washing machine WAK24168IN. They had 268IN with extra mode for setting temp for each mode vs preset temp for each mode and one eco+ mode. The series had also changed few months back to 169IN and 269IN. the 9 series was 5K more with absolutely nothing different.

Thanks to Amazon sale I got the 24168IN for 22K and also picked up a Bosch vented dryer from Bosch showroom near my house. Bosch sells a stacking kit for 2K so now I have the dryer above the washing machine.
Old 29th August 2018, 22:26   #6832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The 03 has a different mode for cooker whereas 01 has hygiene mode. That's how it is with most Bosch and siemens models.
Thanks - the showroom guy said other than the modes there is a difference in terms of the country where the unit is manufactured. The 03 is manufactured in Poland and 01 is manufactured in Turkey and the 03 costs Rs.500 more than the 01 in terms of MRP.

I also took a look at the LG Dishwasher. The guy at the LG showroom claimed the power consumption of the LG model would be less as it has an inverter and converts AC to DC for running the Dishwasher. When asked what percentage less as compared to a Bosch he claimed a 50% lesser power consumption - though that numbers appears very much inflated/exaggerated...
Old 31st August 2018, 16:34   #6833
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Anybody have used Karcher WD3 vacuum cleaner?

There is an attachment for every purpose. I use an uhbranded Low-price machine from a mall here. 1500w, bagless, 6k INR or so with just 2 attachments, Had used an imported Hitachi earlier which surrendered to the dust in my house. Hence my low-cost choice.

Pl. have a look at LG's range - seems to be new launches.

Quote:
dryer make the clothes dry enough to be put in the wardrobe? or need to be still hanged on the rope?
Have seen washer - dryer with 3 or 4 types of dry programmes. So go ahead. But not sure about availablity of stand alone dryers. samsung & LG are not listing this on their sites.

Edit:- I will avoid IFB like the plauge.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 31st August 2018 at 16:35.
Old 31st August 2018, 16:49   #6834
BHPian

IFB dryer is 19k and Siemens is 35k. Wonder whats the huge difference all about.Rest washing machine manufacturers don't make dryer's I guess.
Old 31st August 2018, 18:08   #6835
BANNED

Quote:
IFB dryer is 19k and Siemens is 35k. Wonder whats the huge difference all about.Rest washing machine manufacturers don't make dryer's I guess.
My earlier dryer conked off after 10+ years 6 months back & I purchased an IFB because as you said there are very few options. It's been going good till now. And it comes with a 4 year warranty. So at the very least, I don't have to worry for 4 years. I have been using tumble dryers for nearly 20 years now - both here and abroad. And dryers always dry it enough to wear it (as long as you are not worried about crumpling). My t-shirts, jeans, shorts, boxers - I wear it directly from the dryer.

Last edited by carboy : 31st August 2018 at 18:10.
Old 31st August 2018, 19:49   #6836
Distinguished - BHPian

I use a Bosch vented dryer (model WTA76200IN, 7 kg), and am very happy with it. Yes, it is about 50% more expensive than an IFB, but feels better built (e.g. the door, and its latching mechanism), and dries clothes well with minimal wrinkling. I'd recommend this wholeheartedly to anyone looking for a dryer.

It saves me from the nuisance of leaving clothes out to dry while I am at work, and have to worry about dust/rain/bird poop, etc!
Old 31st August 2018, 21:55   #6837
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Siemens is now only selling condenser dryers which are 4-5K more than vented ones. If your dryer location is near a window then go with the vented.

In vented there is a 4" flexible hose that needs to be near the window. In condenser you dont have the hose. There is a condenser that collects the moisture/water and you need to empty it out regularly. So you can keep it indoors even with no window or ventilation around like the store room.

Since my utility was near a window I took the vented from a small Bosch showroom near my house. The main showroom of Bosch/Siemens in Bangalore refused to sell the vented models saying that they only sell condenser models since nobody wants vented.
Old 31st August 2018, 22:37   #6838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
We are using the SMS46KI01E for the past few months. The difference between this and the SMS46KI03E is a couple of modes which we did not find much useful for our kind of cooking. Cost difference was a few thousand rupees.
I booked the SMS46KI03E at Devi International, Jayanagar, Bangalore today evening. Here is the scoop - I had obtained quotes from Bosch showroom and negotiated for the best price. At that time the salesman said he will check the latest billing sheet and let me know. He then checked and said 1E is removed from the latest billing sheet which means it has been discontinued. So this made the decision easy - went ahead with 3E model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
There are three main consumables
1. Salt
2. Rinse Aid
3. Detergent

1 & 2 require refill every month if you use it once a day. Detergent has to be filled in before every wash, just like a washing machine.
Some additional questions:
  1. I live in Jayanagar and as of now we get soft water - in this scenario is the Salt needed?
  2. Second, what is the best place in Bangalore to buy Rinse Aid and Detergent or is better to buy it online?
  3. Did you go for the Extended Warranty? I believe Bosch offers Extended Warranty of Additional two years for Rs.4499/- This can be purchased before 150 days elapse from date of purchase.
Old 31st August 2018, 22:52   #6839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
[*]I live in Jayanagar and as of now we get soft water - in this scenario is the Salt needed?
[*]Second, what is the best place in Bangalore to buy Rinse Aid and Detergent or is better to buy it online?
[*]Did you go for the Extended Warranty? I believe Bosch offers Extended Warranty of Additional two years for Rs.4499/- This can be purchased before 150 days elapse from date of purchase.[/list]
1. You still need the salt. The machine decides how much salt to use. Based on that you will need to replenish it. I use Finish. https://www.amazon.in/Finish-Dishwas...etergent&psc=1

2. I buy from MK Ahmed. I usually buy 2 bottles of rinse aid and 3-4 bottles of the detergent powder. If not from MK ahmed, I check prices on Amazon. Whenever it is lower I just stock up. https://www.amazon.in/Finish-Dishwas...etergent&psc=1

https://www.amazon.in/Finish-Rinse-A...nish+detergent

3. YEs I did for the extended warranty just in case.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st August 2018 at 22:56.
Old 1st September 2018, 13:08   #6840
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Second, what is the best place in Bangalore to buy Rinse Aid and Detergent or is better to buy it online?
I generally get the detergent either directly from IFB locally or order the same from amazon if it works out to be cheaper.

Regarding rinse aid, we substituted that with white vinegar some 5 years ago. Works well and cost effective too. You may try that route after warranty.

Quote:
2. I buy from MK Ahmed. I usually buy 2 bottles of rinse aid and 3-4 bottles of the detergent powder. If not from MK ahmed, I check prices on Amazon. Whenever it is lower I just stock up.

Since last few months, I too prefer ordering from Amazon. First time moved to Finish (was using IFB all this time). I too try to stock up if it works out to be cheaper than acquiring locally.

Regards,
Saket.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks