Old 28th May 2019, 20:02   #7126
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Wouldn't something like...
I meant something like this:
Infrared Thermometer
This type gives you instant readings. Look for a video demo on such products. A dot like a laser pointer appears on the object and the temperature is displayed on the thermometer for the point the laser is focused on.
I wonder if there is an app that can use a smartphone to generate a thermographic image.

Last edited by mvadg : 28th May 2019 at 20:03.
Old 28th May 2019, 22:00   #7127
Senior - BHPian

This costs Rs. 1,350. You'll get it cheaper on Seniority.Com at just Rs. 750. Hope it's not sold out already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
This type gives you instant readings.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th June 2019 at 09:30. Reason: edited for line spacing
Old 29th May 2019, 06:48   #7128
BANNED

Quote:
I meant something like this:
Infrared Thermometer

I got that. What I was asking if I need to buy something expensive like this - wouldn't the cheaper ones I linked to be good enough for my needs?
Old 29th May 2019, 09:23   #7129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
This costs Rs. 1,350. You'll get it cheaper on Seniority.Com at just Rs. 750. Hope it's not sold out already!
Thanks. I didn't search for the best price. Just wanted to show an example of the type of device I meant.

Quote:
I got that. What I was asking if I need to buy something expensive like this - wouldn't the cheaper ones I linked to be good enough for my needs?
, Lost the original plot. What exactly do you want to achieve? If it is an approximate overall temperature, the other devices will do just fine. Temperature at a particular spot is best measured by the infrared thermometer.
Old 29th May 2019, 09:32   #7130
BANNED

Quote:

, Lost the original plot. What exactly do you want to achieve? If it is an approximate overall temperature, the other devices will do just fine. Temperature at a particular spot is best measured by the infrared thermometer.
My top tray and bottom tray have widely varying temperatures - as in the bottom tray is practically freezing as compared to the top - so I just wanted to check the temperatures in the different trays.
Old 29th May 2019, 10:37   #7131
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder if there is an app that can use a smartphone to generate a thermographic image.
You still need the thermal imaging camera attachment for the smartphone. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/FLIR-ONE-Ther.../dp/B074T365VP
I have been drooling over this for ages. Earlier it will cost an arm but these days the price is coming down.
Old 29th May 2019, 11:06   #7132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
You still need the thermal imaging camera attachment for the smartphone. Like this: https://www.amazon.com/FLIR-ONE-Ther.../dp/B074T365VP
I have been drooling over this for ages. Earlier it will cost an arm but these days the price is coming down.

Wonder if you know of a reasonably priced attachment for spectroscopy, can't wait to reject carbide ripened fruits!
Old 29th May 2019, 14:42   #7133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'd go old school like this It's like a sticker
Quote:
Sebring's suggestion will work just fine for your purpose.
Old 13th June 2019, 07:59   #7134
BANNED

Quote:
Sebring's suggestion will work just fine for your purpose.

It doesn't seem to be available at any online retailers.
Old 13th June 2019, 08:43   #7135
BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't seem to be available at any online retailers.
Search for "dial thermometer refrigerator" on Amazon. Thingbits site seems to have cheap digital ones at Rs. 130 approx. You have to do a bit of searching for a good deal.

Last edited by mvadg : 13th June 2019 at 08:54.
Old 19th June 2019, 08:03   #7136
BANNED

Looking to replace my current microwave Sharp 28 Litre one which I had purchased for 50$ 14 years back.

All I am looking for is a decent size - a proper size plate should fit in. I need only 2 features - reheating and low power reheating. My current Sharp has the low power option. I can operate it at from 10 to 100% power at 10 intervals. At 10%, it heats slowly - it will take 5-6 times as much time as at 100%. I don't need such granularity but at least 20-30% & 100% mode should be available.

I am not interested in Grill, or Diet Fry or any other option. Rotating Carousel would be good but not necessary.

Any suggestions below 10k in Samsung or LG or any other brand with good service.
Old 19th June 2019, 08:58   #7137
Senior - BHPian

I'm finding my 35 litre sharp (imported model) irreplaceable. 15 years old, it's the best really. Try to get a Sharp model itself. LG is good among the Indian makes (the Samsung lasted just a year), but somewhat I don't find the heating uniform in non-Sharp models. Doesn't feel like a quality job at all.

Quote:
replace my current microwave Sharp 28 Litre

Last edited by khan_sultan : 19th June 2019 at 09:30. Reason: edited for line spacing
Old 19th June 2019, 09:25   #7138
Senior - BHPian

Need some help here experts.

Planning to buy a top loading washing machine for my parents, what are the options available? Some criteria:
1) Easy to operate
2) Light on maintenance, good customer care support
3) Large fonts if digital display for easy to read

Should I prefer fully automatic or semi automatic since the operation will be supervised/done by the maid.
Old 19th June 2019, 09:38   #7139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Need some help here experts.

Planning to buy a top loading washing machine for my parents, what are the options available? Some criteria:
1) Easy to operate

Should I prefer fully automatic or semi automatic since the operation will be supervised/done by the maid.
Is there any particular reason for getting a Top Loading Model?

If you have a dedicated space and plumbing, then go for a front loading model. They are usually much more flexible and wash better than Top Loading Models. Most of them have a heater than can warm the water up to 40, 60 or 90 degrees. I find 90 degrees ideal for towels and bed sheets.

I have an LG 6kg which I bought seven years ago, with 6 years additional warranty. It is still going strong. In all these years had to call service only once, when the door switch got stuck.
Old 19th June 2019, 10:15   #7140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

1) Easy to operate

I bought my 2nd LG top loader 6.5 kg last year. My first one lasted 13 years. I spent a total of may be 1000 Rs in 13 years on service (I had no extended warranty or anything). I bought a new one because old one started rusting after 13 years.

The current machine is super simple to operate. I just press 2 buttons - Power & Start - that's all. The machine figures out the load kg on it's own & based on that, it chooses whatever options need to be chosen.

And go for a fully automatic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks