Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2019, 13:50   #7021
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

IFB products have an edge with an inbuilt water softener (Unique feature). One model has a light within the drum, which I found useful. Regarding service, it's a mixed bag. Few praise it while few downright condemn. But, LG and Samsung are safe options I guess as both are very responsive. I liked the black dial on the Samsung and the machine set us back 30 Grand. Once in 3 months, mom cleans it with vinegar and baking soda combo . The premium cover is from IFB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I've heard very bad reviews about IFB ASS
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_8443.jpg  

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 14:37. Reason: spacing for better readability
Old 15th January 2019, 14:49   #7022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Looking to change my existing Samsung 7KG fully automatic washing machine with a new one as the one we have has started giving problems.

Any suggestions on which 7-8KG fully automatic machine I should buy? I am confused between IFB, Bosch and Samsung.

Regards,
Vijay
https://www.samsung.com/in/washing-m...g-wa70n4260ss/

Bought this one at around 19.25K in October.
It is so silent that I have to check it if it's running.
Cleans the clothes very efficiently.
The back panel ensures that the buttons don't get water on them.
Overall I am very highly satisfied with this purchase.
Old 16th January 2019, 12:12   #7023
Team-BHP Support

Guys any contacts of AO Smith would be appreciated. I got a 15 liter gesyser this July (mom suffers from joint related issues, so she needs to have warm water for bath even in summers) and there is leakage. Have escalated, got complaint id as well, but no resolution yet despite pursuing it.
Old 16th January 2019, 22:43   #7024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Guys any contacts of AO Smith would be appreciated. I got a 15 liter gesyser this July (mom suffers from joint related issues, so she needs to have warm water for bath even in summers) and there is leakage. Have escalated, got complaint id as well, but no resolution yet despite pursuing it.
Have you tried their WhatsApp number:
+91 99410 32468
I've got some pre-sales queries answered via that. Not sure of the role in escalation of problems.
Where is the leakage from?
Old 17th January 2019, 14:16   #7025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Where is the leakage from?
Thanks.

The leakage is from the unit itself. Both outlet and inlet has water leakage [unit and not the pipe].
Old 17th January 2019, 14:54   #7026
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Was looking for a ceramic coated Sandwich maker/grill and found only Oster on Amazon (imported units with 110 V electricity input).

Finally, went with Prestige Sandwich Maker + Grill with removable plates (Model PSMCB). MRP was Rs.2,695, had a 25% discount on exchange (old was also a Prestige unit) and paid Rs.2,000 (Online prices were ~Rs.1950, so not much of a difference).
Old 20th January 2019, 13:56   #7027
Senior - BHPian

Here's my current air purifier recommendation. While I love the Mi 2s, and its constant innovation, I'm happy with my current set. Especially given that the Mi doesnt have a washable pre-filter.
The Home Appliance thread-air-purifers.jpg
PS: Image is a paste from my blog. Can't link to it. Hence the image!

Last edited by phamilyman : 20th January 2019 at 14:10.
Old 8th February 2019, 12:04   #7028
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Thanks deep_bang. I am also looking at samsung only but as you have mentioned it is quite expensive.
Did you get one finally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
I doubt if Samsung would honour the warranty. I think the system is quite robust and few things can go wrong. So took this chance.
Which model Samsung is this?

I am looking to install a biometric lock system for our office at the main door. The problem is Godrej, which seems to come up online a fair bit is pretty hell expensive.

On the other hand, you have some seemingly nice options from Aliexpress for less than a 100 USD.
Old 9th February 2019, 13:18   #7029
BHPian

I have a 300 liter (?) 2 door refrigerator which is not enough for us - especially the Freezer side. We plan to cook once and use multiple times mainly because of servants. Long story short, I am looking to buy a deep Freezer for better storage.

Only Blue star is making chest freezers - it appears - in India. How reliable are they ?
Running costs don't seem to be an issue as they claim that a 200 liter freezer consumes only 2 units per day. We eat meat 362 days of the year and hence the need.
Are there any other brands ? Any thoughts ?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 14:37. Reason: spacing for better readability
Old 10th February 2019, 17:58   #7030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
........ I am looking to buy a deep Freezer for better storage.
There are a lot of manufacturers of Chest Freezers supplying to the commercial sector. Google chest freezers and inquire from those who are supplying in your area.

Chest freezers are like a refrigerator but have a more powerful compressor. The consumption depends on
. Ambient Temperature
. Temperature you want the freezer to maintain
. How many times a day you open the freezer

so be wary of low consumption figures. Best to talk to those who have them in commercial sector.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 14:38. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 10th February 2019, 18:40   #7031
Distinguished - BHPian

Chest freezers are much more efficient, because all the cold air does not fall out every time you open them. But not recommended, like any freezer, if you are not going to put enough in it to keep it reasonably full.
Old 11th February 2019, 09:45   #7032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Chest freezers are like a refrigerator but have a more powerful compressor. The consumption depends on
. Ambient Temperature
. Temperature you want the freezer to maintain
. How many times a day you open the freezer

so be wary of low consumption figures. Best to talk to those who have them in commercial sector.
Thank you Aroy Sir. I will check with them. But I am a little wary of local assemblers as they may not use the latest generation inverter compressors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Chest freezers are much more efficient, because all the cold air does not fall out every time you open them. But not recommended, like any freezer, if you are not going to put enough in it to keep it reasonably full.
Thank you Thad Sir. Blue star says that their cabinet insulation is so good that the freezer will continue to maintain the set temperature even when there is no power for 10 hours. The way I see now, I will have enough to fill a 200 liter freezer. Madras has a 40-day holiday for fishing once in a year. Sourcing good fresh fish in the city is like getting a good FNG these days.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 14:38. Reason: spacing for better readability
Old 13th February 2019, 19:02   #7033
BHPian

Need your help guys. I have bought a Kirloskar KDS+ 1.5HP monoblock pump. It comes with a capacitor installed and in-built thermal overload protection. Do I need to use a starter for it. I have a submersible borewell pump and starter but I don't think I can use that because the submersible pump uses a 3-wire connection whereas this pump uses a 2-wire connection.
Do I need to buy a DOL starter for this pump. If yes, do I need to bypass the capacitor that comes installed on the pump.
Old 13th February 2019, 23:31   #7034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This discussion on freezers is interesting. Thad, why would storing less in a freezer be a disadvantage?

Are there any home users of freezers here? How much power does it actually consume? Is it available with inverter compressors?

With the advent of convertible fridge, it is quite possible to convert the entire fridge to normal fridge and invest in a dedicated freezer. This will save cost of upgrading to bigger refrigerator, as and when requirement increases.
Old 14th February 2019, 03:43   #7035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
This discussion on freezers is interesting. Thad, why would storing less in a freezer be a disadvantage?
Because the contents "store*" the coldness. So does cold air, but think of it as a fluid, which can easily escape. When you open the door of a fridge or freezer (upright) the air pours out.

Quote:
Are there any home users of freezers here?
Sure! Some foods that my wife makes for me, she will cook up three or four portions. What I don't eat that day goes in the freezer. I store sliced bread in the freezer. Eating just a couple of slices a day, the loaf would go stale or dry before I could eat it. Frozen, it gets eaten down to the last slice. I learned that one in a beach-side cafe/shop in England in my school days. If we had a sudden rush for sandwiches, we would have a loaf or three in the deep freeze.

And of course, you can keep commercially-frozen products. Probably the only one I would want to, is icecream.

Quote:
How much power does it actually consume?
No idea. It is one of those things that I want, therefore I use. Probably, though, it costs less than my very old, relatively inefficient fridge.

I do regret the absence of proper freezer rating in India: it means we can never be sure. I don't think my Whirlpool freezer section is a really-deep deep freeze. But it seems to be good enough. I'm still alive and I think that I do keep food for much longer than I "should."

Watch out for long power cuts, though. You can loose the lot!

*quotes, because I don't know if one "store" a negative thing. I don't want to get told off by the physicists!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 14th February 2019 at 03:46.

Most Viewed