Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:45   #1231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
PAVAN KADAM : Also a long pending Car wash unit that delivers 130bar pressure ..
Did you test it out ? Too high a pressure with a very narrow jet can rip paint off. Esp on bumpers & fibre parts.
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:04   #1232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
I agree !! I've been quoted 21k for this in most places !! Pavan, mind telling us how you got that deal? I need to pick this up in a couple of days.
Try Hypercity. They had this model at around 18k I suppose. I also got mine (6 kg model) from them last saturday for 26.5k (+ 520 points = rs 520 back). I think it was the best offer out there (we had visited adhishwar, lg showroom, home town, next etc before finalizing on hypercity). machine got installed today (was delivered yesterday). doing its first load of wash right now
And yes, it is quite Quiet!!!
Old 24th August 2010, 21:18   #1233
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Well, i need to show you guys my Metro Bill for that Its exactly Rs. 17999/-

I was just in time before the "INDEPENDENCE DAY OFFER" expired.

Sorry NIP, you were late, but still as you told me today's offer @ Rs. 20500/- Its a great deal, please pick it up.
Thanks so much for the help over the phone Pavan! The Metro chap said wait till Thu-Fri and see if the offer comes back. In the meanwhile I'll try to strike a good deal with my regular home appliance store (Devi International, Jayanagar). Going there tomo for a fridge, water purifier and of course washing machine.

Guys, need advice on a fridge. I'm looking at 400-450ltrs, and the new LGs look fabulous! I've seen whirlpools also, and their cooling system inside seems to be really good. The sales guys at a couple of places also were trying to push whirpool saying its american and rest are korean etc Any help/pointers on this will be appreciated.
Old 24th August 2010, 22:21   #1234
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Try Hypercity. They had this model at around 18k I suppose. I also got mine (6 kg model) from them last saturday for 26.5k (+ 520 points = rs 520 back). I think it was the best offer out there (we had visited adhishwar, lg showroom, home town, next etc before finalizing on hypercity). machine got installed today (was delivered yesterday). doing its first load of wash right now
And yes, it is quite Quiet!!!

The 6 kg one at Metro was priced at 22K on offer period, we did not go for it since we already have a running Whirlpool front loading 7 kg washing machine for our linen and bedsheets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Thanks so much for the help over the phone Pavan! The Metro chap said wait till Thu-Fri and see if the offer comes back. In the meanwhile I'll try to strike a good deal with my regular home appliance store (Devi International, Jayanagar). Going there tomo for a fridge, water purifier and of course washing machine.

Guys, need advice on a fridge. I'm looking at 400-450ltrs, and the new LGs look fabulous! I've seen whirlpools also, and their cooling system inside seems to be really good. The sales guys at a couple of places also were trying to push whirpool saying its american and rest are korean etc Any help/pointers on this will be appreciated.
As far as the prices are concerned when you are looking at home appliances , nothing beats METRO.

We got the 450 ltrs Godrej Eon, very well built refrigerator.

We purchased the same at Pai and a day later found the same model at Metro for 3k less.

Dont try your luck elsewhere, there is always gimmickry.

Do keep us posted about your purchase, and All the Best.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:20   #1235
Senior - BHPian

Seeking your inputs on Refrigerator

Our 5+ years of Whirlpool refrigerator conked off; its a Elite 220 model. Not sure what's the issue, but there's no cooling & the ice in freezer is melting. At this point I'm not sure if the issue can be fixed or the entire refregirator needs to be replaced. If we go for a new one, I'm 99% biased towards whirlpool for 2 reasons...

1. Our recent good experience with whirlpool 8Kg WM - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2021421-post.html
2. I called up cust care to report on the issue with refrigerator; I was given a complaint number immediately & a customer satisfaction code; I was told that if the service person does a good job, give him the satisfaction code, otherwise I'll get a call from Whirlpool India asking why the service is not satisfactory. All the more, I was being told that the engineer would give me a call for appointment in 3 hours. I'm holding to say WOW until the engineer calls me.

Now, how're Whirlpool refrigerators rated in the present market? If we're replacing the fridge, should we consider looking any other brand & who're the market leaders now? I don't care on the bio fresh or trio flows; All I'm looking is the capacity around 250 lts & double door with an economical pricing. Or is there anything else that I should be looking for? Pls advice.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:29   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Our 5+ years of Whirlpool refrigerator conked off; its a Elite 220 model. Not sure what's the issue, but there's no cooling & the ice in freezer is melting. At this point I'm not sure if the issue can be fixed or the entire refregirator needs to be replaced. If we go for a new one, I'm 99% biased towards whirlpool for 2 reasons...

1. Our recent good experience with whirlpool 8Kg WM - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2021421-post.html
2. I called up cust care to report on the issue with refrigerator; I was given a complaint number immediately & a customer satisfaction code; I was told that if the service person does a good job, give him the satisfaction code, otherwise I'll get a call from Whirlpool India asking why the service is not satisfactory. All the more, I was being told that the engineer would give me a call for appointment in 3 hours. I'm holding to say WOW until the engineer calls me.

Now, how're Whirlpool refrigerators rated in the present market? If we're replacing the fridge, should we consider looking any other brand & who're the market leaders now? I don't care on the bio fresh or trio flows; All I'm looking is the capacity around 250 lts & double door with an economical pricing. Or is there anything else that I should be looking for? Pls advice.
Try the Godrej refrigerators, sturdy, long lasting, great performance and efficient after sales. I have one which is running for the past 7 yrs with only one failure i.e inside compartment light switch.

Even I agree to the Whirlpool service for my washing machine - the main inlet water solenoid valve had conked off. Called their customer support, was assigned a complaint no, rep called in 1 hrs time and fixed an appointment for next day. Next day the engineer arrived promptly at said time, replaced the solenoid and charged me 475 + 285 for visit. 4th expense in 7 years.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:33   #1237
BANNED

Quote:

BTW, did you move / shift the refrigerator recently...?

Your refrigerator is quite healthy, dont worry, it must be something to do with the expansion valve near the compressor. And it can be rectified easily.

Get it serviced once, and you will not have any issues.

We had the same issue with our 165 ltr Godrej , got it rectified @ 1175/- 8 yrs ago, and its still running cool in my aunts house. And till date i curse myself at the instinctive purchase of a new one.
Old 30th August 2010, 14:42   #1238
Senior - BHPian

@Ghodlur & @Pavan - Thanks for your valuable inputs; no we haven't moved the fridge till date. We'll repair the fridge for now & consider replacement later.

Trust me, Whirlpool is doing a great job; the service engineer was at home few minutes back & he complains on the faulty electronic panel that controls the entire refrigerator which is a common problem with this model.

He wants to replace this at Rs 2750 + Rs 340 after 2 days; if the issue still crops up, he'll take back the electronic board, refund the money & check for issues with other spares & charges on the same. The board has warranty for 6 months.

Whirlpool really rocks on customer service!!!

Last edited by aargee : 30th August 2010 at 14:44.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:00   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whirlpool really rocks on customer service!!!
That's good to know. Just yesterday I ordered the Whirlpool Proton 330L Elite
Old 30th August 2010, 15:07   #1240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Congratulations; I hope it is this one - Whirlpool India > Products > Refrigerators > Frost Free > Protton F 330L Elite

I'm sure its going to be a complete value for money; if at all we settle for a new one, we'll settle one of these models in Proton, if a 250L or less is available. Thanks Jaguar.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:18   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you find the vegetable rack at the bottom a little odd. This might need a lot of bending overs, had this crossed your mind?

BTW is the inside spacious to accomodate most of the daily stuff? What colour did you opt for and what was the cost? Midnight blue colour looks super cool.
Old 30th August 2010, 17:10   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Did you find the vegetable rack at the bottom a little odd. This might need a lot of bending overs, had this crossed your mind?

BTW is the inside spacious to accomodate most of the daily stuff? What colour did you opt for and what was the cost? Midnight blue colour looks super cool.
Isn't the vegetable rack at the bottom for all the refregerators? Only Hitachi has the vegetable rack in the middle, but it is the most expensive as well. Went for this cause this has the biggest vegetable rack amongst the rest.

Yeah, the inside is spacious in the 330l. I found the 300l a tad bit smaller to liking. Will give a better update after I take the delivery this weekend.

The cost was 27600. Got another 2k off in exchange for my old refrigerator. Went for black colour. Only black and wine colours were on display.
Another major consideration for the proton was because the sides of this also have a kind of glossy finish whilst the other models had a matt finish on the sides. In my house, the side of the fridge is visible from the living room and not the front. So the side finish was important.

Last edited by Jaguar : 30th August 2010 at 17:11.
Old 31st August 2010, 08:41   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't the vegetable rack at the bottom for all the refregerators? Only Hitachi has the vegetable rack in the middle, but it is the most expensive as well. Went for this cause this has the biggest vegetable rack amongst the rest.
Yes, you are right. Hitachi has the vegetable rack in the middle. Most of the times the freezer unit is at the bottom since it is least used. Fridges like Panasonic and Haier have two door unit with freezer unit at the bottom and the vegatable rack inside the top unit but at reachable heights. You dont need to bend over to store vegetables.
Old 31st August 2010, 09:17   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Hitachi has the vegetable rack in the middle.
This has been discussed earlier over here...
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2028492-post.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/2028468-post.html

I guess you can add Panasonic also in that category.
Old 2nd September 2010, 13:29   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We have a 400L whirlpool. If the fridge is used sparingly over a period of two or three days, the food on the bottom most shelf freezes. Cold air goes to the bottom! That is the reason I think that some of the refrigerators of far east have the freezer at the bottom. The fridge is used much less in the east compared to the west, we prefer most of our food fresh and use the fridge mostly for storage of raw materials and water. Thus less opening-closing cycles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks