Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2018, 11:46   #6871
BHPian

Re: The Home Appliance thread

Hi all,

Anyone here has any experience with Bissell products in general and Bissell crosswave simultaneous mop + vacuum cleaners in particular. I am looking for the inputs on the crosswave 1713 mop vacuum that retails for about 19k on Amazon. They seem to have positive reviews on the internet, and someone on Amazon reported that they have service centers in India. Also, that particular product seems to have won reddot design award for 2017.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks,
Prasad
Old 2nd October 2018, 11:50   #6872
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Anyone here has any experience with Bissell products in general
I was curious about the brand and have seen generally positive reviews, which led me to purchase a handheld vacuum cleaner for home use (this one), as a bit of an experiment. I'm very happy with that.

I don't know about the product you're specifically looking at, but I don't have any concerns with the brand. Bear in mind that I've not needed, nor used, their service centers.
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:09   #6873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I was curious about the brand and have seen generally positive reviews, which led me to purchase a handheld vacuum cleaner for home use (this one), as a bit of an experiment. I'm very happy with that.

I don't know about the product you're specifically looking at, but I don't have any concerns with the brand. Bear in mind that I've not needed, nor used, their service centers.

Thanks for the quick reply. This is the product that I am looking at: https://www.amazon.in/Bissell-Crossw.../dp/B01HZHYSL2
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:25   #6874
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnredkar View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. This is the product that I am looking at: https://www.amazon.in/Bissell-Crossw.../dp/B01HZHYSL2
OK, given my positive impression of the band, combined with the reviews there (one of which mentions being contacted by Bissell India service), it seems like a good choice to go in for (that is, if you're not specific about getting a more famous brand like Karcher or Dyson, for the sake of the name alone).
Old 2nd October 2018, 12:31   #6875
BHPian

Quote:
OK, given my positive impression of the band, combined with the reviews there (one of which mentions being contacted by Bissell India service), it seems like a good choice to go in for (that is, if you're not specific about getting a more famous brand like Karcher or Dyson, for the sake of the name alone).

Yes, I might go ahead and buy it. This seems to be a unique product and I could not find anything similar, even from the bigger brands.
Old 2nd October 2018, 14:14   #6876
BANNED

Quote:
Bissell is actually one of the top American Brands. It's not premium like Dyson but more well known than Dyson. I have owned a Bissell when I was in the US.
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:52   #6877
BHPian

Guys, have the Bosch dishwasher and after the recent event of water clogging and DIY to clear it, the upper spray arm that is attached to the rear with a dot weld has given up. Bosch service guys has informed that there is no way to re-weld it.

Dishwasher still works fine, but whenever i pull the upper tray, the spray arm pulls and goes back to its position with a thud. Unable to bear this noise (pain).

Any way to fix it.
Old 3rd October 2018, 13:41   #6878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Guys, have the Bosch dishwasher and after the recent event of water clogging and DIY to clear it, the upper spray arm that is attached to the rear with a dot weld has given up. Bosch service guys has informed that there is no way to re-weld it.

Any way to fix it.
Try JB Weld epoxy. They call it as ColdWeld. I have used it personally for many repairs around the house and cars.
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:02   #6879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Try JB Weld epoxy. They call it as ColdWeld. I have used it personally for many repairs around the house and cars.
Hope you are referring to the below,

https://www.jbweld.com/collections/m...weld-twin-tube
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:08   #6880
Distinguished - BHPian

JB Weld is wonderful. The challenge with glue jobs is holding the bits together while it sets. JB do make a fast-setting version, but I've only used the traditional type.
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:12   #6881
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
JB Weld is wonderful. The challenge with glue jobs is holding the bits together while it sets. JB do make a fast-setting version, but I've only used the traditional type.
Thanks Thad. I will order it through Amazon and see how it fairs for my scenario. Cheers!!
Old 3rd October 2018, 16:48   #6882
BHPian

Quote:
Hope you are referring to the below,

https://www.jbweld.com/collections/m...weld-twin-tube
Yes. You can buy that from here: https://alchemy-media-marketing.com/...be-epoxy-.html

You need to spend some elbow grease to prep the surface before you apply this. I have used IPA for all my repairs and it worked. The dealer's page says that you need to use Acetone for best results though.
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:06   #6883
BHPian

Quote:
You need to spend some elbow grease to prep the surface before you apply this. I have used IPA for all my repairs and it worked. The dealer's page says that you need to use Acetone for best results though.
Earlier weld is just a dot, and the surface I would be applying is stainless steel and plastic. Still it requires a prep?
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:45   #6884
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier weld is just a dot, and the surface I would be applying is stainless steel and plastic. Still it requires a prep?
Just make sure that the surface doesn't have any grit, dirt, oil or grease. It always pays to clean the area with some solvent .

Sometimes, Amazon may sell Chinese versions of original products. It helps to make sure that you are getting the original JB Weld.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 17th March 2019 at 14:44. Reason: spacing for better readability
Old 3rd October 2018, 17:48   #6885
BHPian

Quote:
Just make sure that the surface doesn't have any grit, dirt, oil or grease. It always pays to clean the area with some solvent .
Yes, would be cleaning both the materials before applying anything.

Quote:
Sometimes, Amazon may sell Chinese versions of original products. It helps to make sure that you are getting the original JB Weld.
Alchemy is in Chennai, will call them to procure it by hand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks