Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 04:40   #3511
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
I have been planning to get a filter kit for my Sony DIGICAM, which will take 58mm screw-on filters. I have the option of getting the following filter kits

Targus - UV + CPL without case/pouch for 1300 (ebay)
Vivitar - UV + CPL with pouch for 1500 (20north)
Vivitar - UV + CPL + FLD with pouch for 1830 (20north)

Price wise there is not much difference between all these, I know these are all pretty low end filters - the question is which one out of these should I go for???

My choice is Vivitar CPL+UV kit.... any suggestions???

get the Hoya 58mm Introductory Filter Kit - Ultraviolet (UV), Circular Polarizer, Warming Filter and Nylon pouch (holds 4 filters)total value for money at around 55 USD and great quality product..as expexted from Hoya
Old 21st October 2009, 12:19   #3512
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Had a look at the Olympus 590uz. Overall the pic quality was adequate. The 26x optical zoom would be kind of useless unless you firm your hands / use tripod. The macro mode capture with wide angel was good. The best thing is, the least price quote I got for this is 21.5k including warranty.

I will have a look at Panasonic FZ35 as well. The canon SX20 is out because of not so good image quality. The earlier SX 10 performs much better in the image quality dept.

Anybody has any idea where in Mumbai (Andheri - Irla) I can get Panasonic FZ 35?
Old 23rd October 2009, 02:36   #3513
Senior - BHPian

I know this is seriously O/T but im itching to ask... Were these taken at the foothills of BR.Hills near the entrance of the Park?

I have a very similar set, same characters except for the 2nd avian!

Oh an nice pics btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Here are some shots taken on the 55-250

Attachment 19543

Attachment 19544

Attachment 19545
Old 29th October 2009, 15:45   #3514
BHPian

Guys, my friend is looking for a digital camera around 10k. He stays in Mumbai. Can you please suggest a good one for him? And the place where it can be bought in Mumbai?
Old 30th October 2009, 10:18   #3515
BHPian

Guys, please suggest a camera. Canon IXUS 100 is the cheapest model. Is that OK?
Old 1st November 2009, 10:38   #3516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Guys, please suggest a camera. Canon IXUS 100 is the cheapest model. Is that OK?
That is an extremely vague statement to say at the very least.

Try to get the Panasonic FX48 as an alternative to the ixus 100.

Excellent piece of equipment.
Old 2nd November 2009, 10:29   #3517
Senior - BHPian

Guys bought a new camera on Saturday. Finally after going over all the reviews and all, I went ahead with Olympus SP 590UZ for 21K with 2 years warranty. Surprisingly I got a 4GB card and battery charger along with the box packed 590UZ. Also I won a 2N/3D vacation in a 3 star hotel in Goa

I will post my review about the camera once I get used to it. Thanks all fellow BHPians for you comments on my camera queries.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:38   #3518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
1. Canon SX 20
2. Panasonic FZ38
3. Olympus SP-590uz
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Guys bought a new camera on Saturday. Finally after going over all the reviews and all, I went ahead with Olympus SP 590UZ for 21K with 2 years warranty.
The 590 is available here for 21K you'd pay about 18K in the US (bhphotovideo sells a kit for about $400).
Olympus | SP-590UZ Digital Camera with Deluxe Accessory Kit |
Old 2nd November 2009, 14:05   #3519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
The 590 is available here for 21K you'd pay about 18K in the US (bhphotovideo sells a kit for about $400).
Olympus | SP-590UZ Digital Camera with Deluxe Accessory Kit |
Right. But the person I know had to come back urgently so had to buy from here so didn't have another alternative. Another important thing was the manufacturer warranty.
Old 4th November 2009, 23:29   #3520
BHPian

SDHC 8GB card for FZ35

Hi,

I need to buy a 8GB SDHC Class 6 card for my Panasonic FZ35. Can any one tell me which one is better and the price of the cards in your region. As this info will help other users to bargain for that price....I am Planning to Buy it from bangalore....

1) Transend SDHC Class 6
2) ScanDisk SDHC Class 6
3) Kingston SDHC Class 6
4) ScanDisk III Extreme Class 6
Old 5th November 2009, 07:23   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
Hi,

I need to buy a 8GB SDHC Class 6 card for my Panasonic FZ35. Can any one tell me which one is better and the price of the cards in your region. As this info will help other users to bargain for that price....I am Planning to Buy it from bangalore....

1) Transend SDHC Class 6
2) ScanDisk SDHC Class 6
3) Kingston SDHC Class 6
4) ScanDisk III Extreme Class 6
Hey Guru, Congrats on getting the FZ-35 pal. Remember we discussed a few things about it some weeks ago... How is the cam performance? any sample shots you can post please? and more importantly what deal did you get and where?

My purchase got derailed since I went in for a phone upgrade instead
Old 5th November 2009, 08:13   #3522
Team-BHP Support

Guys,

Please recommend a cam for around 15k (grey). This is for my friend, and his requirements are below.

1. He is interested in photography very much, and would like to buy a DSLR at a later point of time (After 2 years is what he tells me). This is going to be used to learn the basics better, and as a back-up cam after he gets the DSLR.

2. Should take decent 4*6 prints.

3. Preferably Canon. However, open to other brands as well, if quality is much better over Canon models.

4. Would be good if he is able to carry it in his pockets.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th November 2009 at 08:15.
Old 5th November 2009, 09:52   #3523
BHPian

Hi Zenster,

Thanks! I have Purchased Panasonic FZ35 from USA. It is actually on the way to India....will be here in few days time. I have ordered the cam from Electronic-Expo.com

I have to bargain a lot over live Chat and finally he offered me for 293.64 +9.99 (Shipping) =303.63$ i.e. 303.64 * 46.27 (As on Oct 20) =14,049/- INR

Over the Chat, I met a person named Richard. He is very helpful and has a good marketing skill. If you Chat with him u will shop again and again.

My bro is getting the Cam to India. He actually owns Canon SX10..but now he is planning to exchange it for Panasonic FZ35 with this think how good the camera performance is. Can you tell me the price of the memory card in Bangalore. as i will be there soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster View Post
Hey Guru, Congrats on getting the FZ-35 pal. Remember we discussed a few things about it some weeks ago... How is the cam performance? any sample shots you can post please? and more importantly what deal did you get and where?

My purchase got derailed since I went in for a phone upgrade instead

Last edited by Eddy : 6th November 2009 at 23:58. Reason: Please do not type...like...this... Thanks
Old 5th November 2009, 10:13   #3524
BHPian

Hi,

I feel Canon Sx200is will suit his requirement. You will be able to get it for 16500/- or even lesser from gray market. It has Full Manual controls similar to Canon Sx10.

I have read abt the Flash pop up issue for this cam but then it is negligible he can also use CHK to enhance the cam output.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

Please recommend a cam for around 15k (grey). This is for my friend, and his requirements are below.

1. He is interested in photography very much, and would like to buy a DSLR at a later point of time (After 2 years is what he tells me). This is going to be used to learn the basics better, and as a back-up cam after he gets the DSLR.

2. Should take decent 4*6 prints.

3. Preferably Canon. However, open to other brands as well, if quality is much better over Canon models.

4. Would be good if he is able to carry it in his pockets.

Thanks in advance.
Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Post edited. Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th November 2009 at 09:48. Reason: See note in post.
Old 5th November 2009, 11:14   #3525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurudatta Nayak View Post
My bro is getting the Cam to India. He actually owns Canon SX10..but now he is planning to exchange it for Panasonic FZ35 ....with this think how good the camera performance is....Can you tell me the price of the memory card in Bangalore...as i will be there soon...
Certainly Panny FZ35 is one of the best super zooms around. I wanted to buy this but in India it was 25K (and my plan to bring it from US failed) so had to settle for Olympus SP 590UZ instead - 21K. Do post sample pics once you get your hands on the camera.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks