Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2020, 20:24   #12781
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
My battery health shows 71% lol. How much did it cost you for battery replacement? 7-8 hours of screen time is absolutely above normal I am thinking of battery replacement now.
Costed me 3.5k at the Authorized Service Centre with 90 days warranty as documented below. My battery health was 78% when i got it replaced.
Battery health dropping by 2% within a month has me a bit worried!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4826280 (The iPhone Thread)
Old 9th July 2020, 20:51   #12782
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Costed me 3.5k at the Authorized Service Centre with 90 days warranty as documented below. My battery health was 78% when i got it replaced.
Battery health dropping by 2% within a month has me a bit worried!
Battery health drop by 2% is a bit concerning isn’t it? Besides this drop, with normal phone time, messages and a bit of Facebook and YouTube, how is the performance? Does it ask for recharge twice a day? If that’s the case, then it makes no sense for me to go for battery replacement now as the current one is still asking for twice a day or worse thrice at times
Old 10th July 2020, 12:18   #12783
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Battery health drop by 2% is a bit concerning isn’t it? Besides this drop, with normal phone time, messages and a bit of Facebook and YouTube, how is the performance? Does it ask for recharge twice a day? If that’s the case, then it makes no sense for me to go for battery replacement now as the current one is still asking for twice a day or worse thrice at times
Yes, battery health dropping by 2% in a month is concerning. But I would recommend a battery change. Mine really nosedived on the old battery. Since my usage of 7-8hrs of streaming Netlfix is above normal, I guess it warrants a recharge twice a day. I must barely spend 30mins doing other things like facebook,twitter,etc. This has been the case during lockdown. Prior to lockdown, I used to manage with charging once in a day.
Old 10th July 2020, 13:13   #12784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Yes, battery health dropping by 2% in a month is concerning. But I would recommend a battery change. Mine really nosedived on the old battery. Since my usage of 7-8hrs of streaming Netlfix is above normal, I guess it warrants a recharge twice a day. I must barely spend 30mins doing other things like facebook,twitter,etc. This has been the case during lockdown. Prior to lockdown, I used to manage with charging once in a day.
Quite helpful thanks. I will check on this and have it fixed.
Old 10th July 2020, 14:22   #12785
Distinguished - BHPian

If there’s something that I will detest in an iPhone, it is undoubtedly to be the poor battery life and performance. My 6S is already at 86% in just above one year. It needs to be charged twice within a span Of 24 hours. The battery life percentage drops at an average of 1% per month which isn’t much to begin with. As much I love the interface, I hate the battery of iPhones.
Old 10th July 2020, 15:28   #12786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
If there’s something that I will detest in an iPhone, it is undoubtedly to be the poor battery life and performance. My 6S is already at 86% in just above one year. It needs to be charged twice within a span Of 24 hours. The battery life percentage drops at an average of 1% per month which isn’t much to begin with. As much I love the interface, I hate the battery of iPhones.
Hope you have eliminated the usual suspects:

1. No live wallpapers
2. Setting>Accessibility>Motion>Reduce Motion (Should be on)
3. Settings>General>Background App Refresh (Should be off)
4. Settings>Privacy>Location Services> Set to Never or While Using for most of the apps.
5. Disable Auto download of media in Whatsapp on both WiFi and cellular

Also avoid iCloud or any kind of digital syncing of photographs.

With the above i haven't really found a reason to complaint with apple devices in last 7 years barring the natural degradation of battery over time.

I understand that doing the above does not let us utilize the device to its hundred percent capabilities however same is the case on android side as well wherein if you enable maximum resolution with maximum refresh rates then your battery goes for a six and remember the above might have been the reason for your purchase of high end Samsung devices.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 15:37   #12787
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the usual suspects are always off. What I wanted to highlight is the fact that with slight moderate to heavy use, the battery drains pretty fast. Also, with the battery capacity just hovering around 1600-1700maH, it is not exactly a power house. So, the entire 1700maH cycle is consumed rather quickly and you lose more cycles over a period compared to other higher capacity batteries mostly found in android phones.

Regards.
Old 10th July 2020, 16:06   #12788
Team-BHP Support

Better half's iPhone SE is 3 years old, and the battery is beginning to show signs of wear and needing replacement in the near future.

I find it rather amusing that one needs to sacrifice functionality (by turning off a bunch of features) to make the battery last longer. A bit like protecting an umbrella from rain & sun.

It's not an iPhone thing, Androids munch through batteries too, but the default small(er) batteries (and ancient 5W charging on everything except the flagships) on iDevices make user experience worse.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 10th July 2020 at 16:07.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 16:53   #12789
BHPian

My iPhone displaying contradictory information...
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-iphone.jpg  

raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 21:04   #12790
BHPian

Seen far too many cases of Iphone SE (1st gen) facing battery issues in the last few months. Makes my paranoid brain suspect Apple might have something to do with it.

On the subject I think the new iPhone SE is not a good deal. I have the original SE which was IMO a VFM iphone. The newer one with same old battery issues is more like a 'cheap iphone'. I think getting a 7Plus or a 8Plus is the way to go if someone really wants to get an older iphone. Also the XR can be had for 0 cost EMI's for as long as 12 months.

Personally I an going to wait till 12 is out in September to make a decision, unless August throws up some really good deals!

Last edited by Elito11 : 13th July 2020 at 21:05.
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:11   #12791
BHPian

My IPhone XR adapter went kaput the other day and I am going to buy a new one. I was wondering, is it okay to use 12W (used in iPad) adapter for the iPhone XR?
Old 16th July 2020, 19:26   #12792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
My IPhone XR adapter went kaput the other day and I am going to buy a new one. I was wondering, is it okay to use 12W (used in iPad) adapter for the iPhone XR?
Yes, I've been using the iPad charger from the day 1 (for more than 1.5 years).
kozhissery is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:35   #12793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes and I have been doing it since 2014. No issues as such.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 19:56   #12794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Yes, I've been using the iPad charger from the day 1 (for more than 1.5 years).
Quote:
Thanks for the replies.

The thing is I’ve used the iPad charger a few times. However, it stops charging after 80% and the phone gets pretty heated up as well. Is it because I have Optimised Charging ON?
Old 16th July 2020, 20:04   #12795
BHPian

Quote:
If your phone is still under warranty you can get it replaced at apple service centre. I recently got my XR charger replaced.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks