Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2020, 14:47   #12811
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have question. If I get the back glass changed will my phone's water resisting abilities get compromised? Is that the reason why apply does not change the back glass?
The water resistance is already compromised with cracks in glass and even if you get it changed aftermarket it will not be water resistant. I would say just slap a nice skin on the back and Iive with it.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 15:44   #12812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have question. If I get the back glass changed will my phone's water resisting abilities get compromised? Is that the reason why apply does not change the back glass?
Possibly yes and secondly - Profits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
The water resistance is already compromised with cracks in glass and even if you get it changed aftermarket it will not be water resistant. I would say just slap a nice skin on the back and Iive with it.
Not a bad idea if you are ok with broken shards of glass under vinyl inside a phone case.
roamer012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 17:35   #12813
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post

So, going forward whenever my battery packs up which it will eventually (its at 87% already), will Apple agree to change it. Of course I will pay for it but since its broken / fixed from outside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
Possibly yes and secondly - Profits.

Not a bad idea if you are ok with broken shards of glass under vinyl inside a phone case.

Yup already done!! Band aid solution for now.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-whatsapp-image-20200725-4.44.22-pm.jpeg  

The iPhone Thread-whatsapp-image-20200724-8.56.28-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Pancham : 25th July 2020 at 17:39.
Old 25th July 2020, 19:36   #12814
BHPian

My experience of getting iPhone X display replaced from Apple free of cost without any warranty or Apple care on a 2.5 years old phone

I had bought an iPhone X in November 2017 and the phone is serving it's purpose very well. I'm a guy who doesn't like to use covers and my phone has taken a decent amount of beating, but even then it works flawlessly.
Come March 2020, one fine day while getting up from my work desk as I was keeping my phone in my trouser pocket, it fell straight to the floor with the impact surface being the speaker side of the phone. I picked up the phone and damn the touch wasn't responsive at all. I restarted the phone and then observed that only the bottom half of the screen was responding to the touch. The display had no lines/marks/dead spots, just the touch was unresponsive & to be honest I was mentally prepared for a hole in the pocket. On the way back home, got estimates from local repair shops ranging from 10k to 17k as per the quality of the display. My regular guy tried hard convincing me to upgrade to an 11 Pro Max by paying 75k and my iPhone X which I thought was a good option
Reached home and started my research as to what had possibly failed in the device and also but while going through the Apple forums, I stumbled upon this http://https://support.apple.com/iphone-x-display-module-replacement-program

Although I really didn't believe that Apple would honour such a claim on a 2.5 year old phone. But why not give it a shot. Booked an appointment at the Apple service centre at Goregaon which was closer to office. Reached there around closing time and I was the only guy so no waiting. The executive there heard my story, saw the phone and in no time gave me a quote of 22k for the display. With a grin on my face I showed her the link and she was surprised. Made a few phone calls and told me that I can submit my phone, pay a service charge of 1300₹, the phone will be sent to Bangalore where the engineers will decide if my phone is eligible for the program purely on the basis of internal condition of the circuitry and if any evidence of physical damage or water damage is found, my phone will not be eligible. I didn't agree to her and took my phone back home.

Come weekend, I thought of trying my luck at the service centre located at Linking Road, Khar. Visited there without an appointment and after an hour of waiting my turn came. Narrated my problem and got the same response like previous. But instead of sending my phone to Bangalore they were willing to check it at their service centre within an hour. Fingers crossed, submitted my phone and came home by 1 PM and had to leave by 3 for my Convocation ceremony at college. Left home all dressed up and the moment I reached half way, got a call from Apple saying your phone has been repaired and I was dumbstruck. I asked the guy clearly has the display been changed free of cost, to which he replied Sir you got lucky today. Took a U turn immediately and headed to collect my phone first. My display was changed without paying anything and I really couldn't believe that Apple honoured my claim and that I saved 22k.

For all iPhone X owners, if you encounter unresponsive touch all of a sudden or even after a fall without visible physical damage, you're entitled to a display replacement program which is valid for 3 years from the date of purchase.

Spread the word!
Thanks.
TheRajput is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 21:29   #12815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My iPhoneX is ghost typing. It even filled up few forms and dispatched them with gibberish. I dont want to replace the glass since the seals will be opened up, and the phone will lose its originality. New Iphone11 pro, 256 Gigs is coming to 1,13,000 online, 512 Gigs is coming to 1,23,000. Then there is Rs. 6K to 7K off on HDFC card. Exchange would mean maximum Rs. 7,500 benefit I'm told. Considering all options now.
Quote:
I think your phone might be covered under service program and this problam should be rectified without paying a single rupee. Check this link and visit authorized service center:

https://support.apple.com/en-in/ipho...cement-program
Quote:
@readers, please keep checking this link for service programs which are applicable globally.

https://support.apple.com/en-in/exchange_repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Big thanks to roamer 012, as I was going to get an iPhone Pro Max and he saved me a bundle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
My experience of getting iPhone X display replaced from Apple free of cost without any warranty or Apple care on a 2.5 years old phone

Reached home and started my research as to what had possibly failed in the device and also but while going through the Apple forums, I stumbled upon this http://https://support.apple.com/iphone-x-display-module-replacement-program
For all iPhone X owners, if you encounter unresponsive touch all of a sudden or even after a fall without visible physical damage, you're entitled to a display replacement program which is valid for 3 years from the date of purchase.

You are the second guy here who used this service program and saved a kewl 20-70K depending on what option you would have chosen.
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 23:32   #12816
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRajput View Post
Hats off to your relentless pursuit & patience! Credit to the service centre as well for returning the phone the very same day.
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 12:18   #12817
BHPian

Has anyone in Mumbai recently got their iphone battery replaced? I have iPhone 6S and wanted to get battery changed. Local shop (just 5 mi. Away) says 1800 for Original (i doubt) and 1250 for 1st copy.
Going to apple authorized store would be expensive I am sure.
I am in Mumbai and seeking opinion on reliable and honest stores.
Old 1st August 2020, 12:26   #12818
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Has anyone in Mumbai recently got their iphone battery replaced? I have iPhone 6S and wanted to get battery changed. Local shop (just 5 mi. Away) says 1800 for Original (i doubt) and 1250 for 1st copy.
Got mine replaced for 3.5k from Authorized Service Centre at Andheri as documented in my below post. Getting an appointment will be the difficult part i guess.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadge...ml#post4818790 (The iPhone Thread)
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 12:32   #12819
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone in Mumbai recently got their iphone battery replaced?
I missed the bandwagon to change my battery from Apple for INR 2k until December 2018 and then I ended up ordering a replacement copy and did the DIY replacement of my 6S battery myself. It was good for a couple of weeks but got terrible again very soon. I'd say go with the original battery with Apple service centre if you intend to keep the phone for long. I doubt the 1.8k quoted by local dealer is original battery, maybe just a better copy. My iphone 6s is working well after almost 5 years and I may just get a quote for battery replacement from Apple soon after lockdown eases.

On a whim, I just checked online and found that cashify will replace original iphone 6s battery at your doorstep for 1.5k with 6 months warranty. Have a look
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-screenshot_20200801122903.jpg  

camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 13:13   #12820
rbp
BHPian

Guys,

Any good 30 watt fast charger for ipad? The stock 18 watt charger takes ages to charge.
Old 1st August 2020, 13:13   #12821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
I missed the bandwagon to change my battery from Apple for INR 2k until December 2018 and then I ended up ordering a replacement copy and did the DIY replacement of my 6S battery myself. It was good for a couple of weeks but got terrible again very soon. I'd say go with the original battery with Apple service centre if you intend to keep the phone for long. I doubt the 1.8k quoted by local dealer is original battery, maybe just a better copy. My iphone 6s is working well after almost 5 years and I may just get a quote for battery replacement from Apple soon after lockdown eases.

On a whim, I just checked online and found that cashify will replace original iphone 6s battery at your doorstep for 1.5k with 6 months warranty. Have a look

I read some not so good reviews of cashify service for fixing phones. If anyone has personal reviews that would be great. I don't think cashify would have original battery.

Edit: Called Aptronix Borivali (West), Mumbai and they quoted Rs. 2854 and same day service. They are authorized apple resellers.

Last edited by raksrules : 1st August 2020 at 13:24.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 14:02   #12822
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
On a whim, I just checked online and found that cashify will replace original iphone 6s battery at your doorstep for 1.5k with 6 months warranty.
Surprising they are offering 6 month warranty when the official service centre offers only 3 months!

Quote:
Called Aptronix Borivali (West), Mumbai and they quoted Rs. 2854 and same day service. They are authorized apple resellers.
This service centre was closest to my house but back in the month of June they weren't open & after emailing they only got back to me after 8 days. I guess makes sense for you to replace the battery there.
Old 1st August 2020, 15:04   #12823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Surprising they are offering 6 month warranty when the official service centre offers only 3 months!

This service centre was closest to my house but back in the month of June they weren't open & after emailing they only got back to me after 8 days. I guess makes sense for you to replace the battery there.
Called them up and they told me I cannot come without appointment and going through the apple support app, it shows no appointments for next 1 week. Is this normal scenario to not get appointments? Or do I have to keep on checking daily?
Old 1st August 2020, 18:25   #12824
Senior - BHPian

iPhone batteries for all phones (includes 6S) cost 3.5k flat at the authorised service centres. That's what I was told a couple of weeks back when I went to get my iPad fixed.

Last edited by Aditya : 1st August 2020 at 22:28. Reason: As requested
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2020, 23:13   #12825
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Called them up and they told me I cannot come without appointment and going through the apple support app, it shows no appointments for next 1 week. Is this normal scenario to not get appointments? Or do I have to keep on checking daily?
I believe thats the normal procedure. Luckily in my case, I emailed them about the battery replacement & the next day they replied back in the afternoon whether I can reach their service centre in the evening! So i just turned up there & showed them the email & handed over my phone to them. None of their contact numbers were working. Perhaps you can try this. This was at their Andheri Service Centre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks