Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2014, 15:45   #7021
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Although I don't like this new iPhone, people will still buy it (cuz, dude! Its an iPhone). It looked like Apple was lying to me throughout the whole keynote. The photos were not taken by an iPhone. The camera remains the same, but it is all new. The screen is 4.7" big (right that's big), it has a resolution of 750p, a Note 4 is 4K and it is speculated to cost less, there is payment using NFC, first phone to do that according to Apple! Plus they don't care about their existing customers, throughout the presentation they made my 5S look like an idiot's phone. The new iWatch is $350, what were they thinking when they priced, they must have gone "You either get the phone or the watch"
Still have to get wifey iPhone 6 for her B'day

Last edited by thebfg : 10th September 2014 at 15:49.
Old 10th September 2014, 15:57   #7022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I was checking out the german webiste for the unlocked phone prices. generally Indian iphone prices are close to that. So going by the same logic, I have listed the expected prices

ip6 16GB 699euros (~56K)
ip6 64GB 799euros (~64K)
ip6 128GB 899euros (~72K)
ip6+ 16GB 799euros (~64K)
ip6+ 64GB 899euros (~72K)
ip6+ 128GB 999euros (~80K)

This is in a true meaning "Killer Prices"
we can expect few more grands in addition to "killer prices" in aforesaid quote
Old 10th September 2014, 16:09   #7023
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys I think it will be unfair to compare the design of IP6 with Samsung phones. The quality, finish and 'nice to hold' feeling is way better compared to Samsung phones.
The comparision was only with respect to the looks.
The three things that you have mentioned have little to do with looks isn't it?

Quote:
P.S: Every year after launch people seem disappointed with iPhones. But the sale charts say something else.
Somethings in this world are unexplainable...usually the "disappointed" people are one set and its a different world of people altogether that set the sale charts on fire
Old 10th September 2014, 16:19   #7024
BHPian

Wifey was looking to buy new iPhone 6. I think we will instead upgrade from Xcent S(AT) to SX(AT) instead (if we decide to buy the car). :P
Old 10th September 2014, 16:19   #7025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
That's what I fail to understand with phones half the price of the topmost iphone offering equivalent features, what is so special about iphones? Even the iphone 6 specs looks okay! Maybe it is something of most of the things that some people fail to understand. I appreciate their plunge to bring improved technology but this thing of Smartphones technology has reached to a saturated level from a year atleast.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:22   #7026
BHPian

Apple has achieved what marketeers call 'aspirational class'. Which means people desire it far more at a higher price even if its features & quality more or less match the competitors.

Its human psychology that if u can afford it, you want the best item that looks good, feels good & is talked about amongst your peers most as an upmarket object, not a common one.

Works for watches, phones, tablets, cars, apartment, furniture etc.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:33   #7027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebfg View Post
Although I don't like this new iPhone, people will still buy it (cuz, dude! Its an iPhone). The screen is 4.7" big (right that's big), it has a resolution of 750p, a Note 4 is 4K and it is speculated to cost less, there is payment using NFC, first phone to do that according to Apple! The new iWatch is $350
Still have to get wifey iPhone 6 for her B'day
Aren't you comparing wrong models? Note 4 should be compared to the iPhone 6+, not 6, if we are talking about display size. Rest things are...well..to each his own. Yes, the Watch is expensive!

I think you should go for the 6+ rather than 6, since you are already crossing the 50k INR barrier.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:39   #7028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
That's what I fail to understand with phones half the price of the topmost iphone offering equivalent features, what is so special about iphones?
As a proud and happy Nexus 4 owner, I'll tell you : take a photograph from each phone. You'll see the difference!

That said, Apple has always been blowing its own trumpet, and whilst some things are truly excellent and well thought out, others are just over-exaggerated and made to sound 10x better than they actually are.

For existing iPhone users, there's no doubt that all of these things (esp bigger screens) will be a nice upgrade. More so, iOS 8 brings some excellent 'new' functionality to the platform. Custom keyboards!!!

cya
R

@ajay_satpute - the 6+ is 5.5". The 6 is 4.7" (like the Nexus 4).

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th September 2014 at 16:42.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:55   #7029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

@ajay_satpute - the 6+ is 5.5". The 6 is 4.7" (like the Nexus 4).
Rehaan, I was not referring to the Nexus 4 vs iPhone 6 argument. I was referring to the post by 'thebfg', where he was comparing Note 4 with iPhone 6.
Old 10th September 2014, 16:59   #7030
BHPian

At 55k, I think I will go with Xiaomi Mi4 when it launches. Or the Nexus 5.
Old 10th September 2014, 17:04   #7031
Senior - BHPian

Few thoughts from Apple Event:
iphone6/6+: Good upgrade for iphone5s users
iOS8: Good evolution for Apple
Apple Watch: Yet another aspiration offering from Apple, nothing new but excellent design

For me the biggest announcement was Apple Pay. Apple seem to have cracked the mobile payment, without upsetting existing stakeholders. Most likely it is going to take off and if it does, then bye bye cash, credit and other cards.

Last edited by msdivy : 10th September 2014 at 17:07.
Old 10th September 2014, 17:11   #7032
BHPian

I have been using Iphone 4 since 2009 and let me tell you that it is still working like a charm save the recent hiccups after upgrading to the latest IOS and the last ios upgrade for IP4.

For people like me I think it makes sense to upgrade to IP6/IP6+ particularly since I like to keep stuff for longer time like cars and I think the quality of iphones do keep up for longer durations.
Old 10th September 2014, 17:37   #7033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Aren't you comparing wrong models? Note 4 should be compared to the iPhone 6+, not 6, if we are talking about display size. Rest things are...well..to each his own. Yes, the Watch is expensive!

I think you should go for the 6+ rather than 6, since you are already crossing the 50k INR barrier.
Yeah, but cost wise it makes a good comparison, 6+ battery life is very tempting, but I don't think a 5.5" iPhone will be handled by wifey!
Cheers,
Old 11th September 2014, 09:45   #7034
Team-BHP Support

installed ios8 via developer account , this looks nice , maybe will take care of itch to get iphone 6 from Canada for a while . Existing iphone-5 appears little larger on ios8 ,maybe something to do with fonts..
Old 11th September 2014, 10:40   #7035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
installed ios8 via developer account , this looks nice , maybe will take care of itch to get iphone 6 from Canada for a while . Existing iphone-5 appears little larger on ios8 ,maybe something to do with fonts..
When is the IOS 8 (stable) expected? And any other improvements & changes you noticed with the beta version of IOS 8?
I personally find the IOS 7.1.2 little buggy, esp. when its related to the notification center.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks