Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2016, 17:02   #9226
Team-BHP Support

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
this can be changed in the Accessibility options:

Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button > Rest Finger to Open
I don't use the fingerprint scanner but the regular passcode. So, no workaround for me?
Old 14th September 2016, 17:19   #9227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I just wasted 1 GB of of my friend's data in downloading iOS 10 (1 GB) in my phone. after download was complete, it mentioned that there is no space for installing iOS 10 and that i need to free memory and re-download again. My friend is now not allowing to use his data again. I have atleast 3 GB of data available (but can't use for downloading - "you need WIFI for iOS download")

Is the dump (downloaded OS) still there in my phone or download again? Can't seem to find the dump any where in the phone.

PS: using iPhone 5S with 9.3.5 iOS
If the update has already downloaded it will stay in your iPhone until you install , remove some apps and then you can update to iOS 10 . Once the update is complete the dump gets deleted or you can delete that from iPhone memory.
Old 14th September 2016, 17:21   #9228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csnanjappa View Post
If the update has already downloaded it will stay in your iPhone until you install , remove some apps and then you can update to iOS 10 . Once the update is complete the dump gets deleted or you can delete that from iPhone memory.
Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.

Under storage select "Manage Storage"

You will find the downloaded update.
Old 14th September 2016, 17:50   #9229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iss1307 View Post
US pricing starts from $649=43483 INR( taking 67 as conversion rate). So the difference is 17k+, which becomes almost 20k when going for the 128gb version which is going to be my preference. I still hope they had a 64gb version..
There is very little incremental benefit over the 6s plus that missing headphone jack. Camera is better, and honestly, thats about it. Seems a downgrade to me.

The speed that Apple keeps talking about - really does not even matter in the real world scenario. And Apple's obsession with symmetry and getting the device thinner is ridiculous. That's why they have a 4.7 inch screen when other fit in 5.2 incher.

For all intents and purposes I don't see people with atleast a 6s not upgrading.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:53   #9230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
For all intents and purposes I don't see people with atleast a 6s not upgrading.
iPhones from day 1, need for upgrade presents a case only after a version or two, till then spending so much money never makes sense. And these phones do last 2-3 years easily, and through the updates most of the features would still be available.
Old 14th September 2016, 20:05   #9231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I don't use the fingerprint scanner but the regular passcode. So, no workaround for me?
couldn't find an easy way to do it, but here's one: https://www.igeeksblog.com/slide-to-unlock-in-ios-10. for now you'll have to press the Home button or use that soft Home button.
Old 14th September 2016, 20:53   #9232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I just wasted 1 GB of of my friend's data in downloading iOS 10 (1 GB) in my phone. after download was complete, it mentioned that there is no space for installing iOS 10 and that i need to free memory and re-download again. My friend is now not allowing to use his data again. I have atleast 3 GB of data available (but can't use for downloading - "you need WIFI for iOS download")

Is the dump (downloaded OS) still there in my phone or download again? Can't seem to find the dump any where in the phone.

PS: using iPhone 5S with 9.3.5 iOS

Happened with me last night as well. Sad to say that you will have to do it all over again. The update gets deleted from the phone.

Using iPhone 5s as well.
Old 14th September 2016, 21:01   #9233
Distinguished - BHPian

Just installed iOS 10 on my 6s but I find the font size on the lock screen for the time and date to be too big . And also hate the grey background for notifications. The font sizr for time and date looks like I have a 5S with a small screen.

The old notifications were so clean and clear with proper lines. Even the widgets were better, especially the stocks and calendar. Now it looks big and bulky with those grey rounded squares.

Another annoyance I discovered is that I cant mark new mails read on the notifications area. I can only clear that notification. Any fixes for this thing? I somehow did not get impressed by a single thing other than pick up to wake.
Old 14th September 2016, 21:21   #9234
Senior - BHPian

After close to 6 years on android, and 2.5 yes on the brilliant nexus 5 got my first iOS device today. Took a couple of hours to set it up, and I'm enjoying the fluid os.

Just had a few queries

I used the 'Move to iOS' app and that transferred every single photo from my droid.
I deleted more than half of it but there was no change in the used space by photos app under 'Storage' and it still displays 1k odd pics when I've reduced it to ~700

Why doesn't the storage add up ? I see that the apps displayed in descending order of usage don't add upto the actual 'Used Space'

Is it advisable to upgrade to iOS 10 on a 5s. Can someone who's upgraded let me know how it compares to 9.3.3
Old 14th September 2016, 22:04   #9235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
After close to 6 years on android, and 2.5 yes on the brilliant nexus 5 got my first iOS device today. Took a couple of hours to set it up, and I'm enjoying the fluid os.

Just had a few queries

I used the 'Move to iOS' app and that transferred every single photo from my droid.
I deleted more than half of it but there was no change in the used space by photos app under 'Storage' and it still displays 1k odd pics when I've reduced it to ~700

Why doesn't the storage add up ? I see that the apps displayed in descending order of usage don't add upto the actual 'Used Space'

Is it advisable to upgrade to iOS 10 on a 5s. Can someone who's upgraded let me know how it compares to 9.3.3

Have my phone running on it and it's amazing. 6 and 6s have freezing issues that isn't there on the 5s. Honestly, the 5s is one of their best phones they've ever had in my opinion. The locking bit is annoying at times but bearable. There's no other issues I have with the phone. I had used all their Beta Versions on the 5s also before having the official release out. At times applications may take a tad bit of extra time to fire up, but that's acceptable with a 3 year old phone. This phone can really last longer and easily but i think I'll be going for the 7, 128GB by January. (No 7Plus for the lack of funds, beggars can't be choosers)
Old 14th September 2016, 23:11   #9236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Have my phone running on it and it's amazing. 6 and 6s have freezing issues that isn't there on the 5s. This phone can really last longer and easily but i think I'll be going for the 7, 128GB by January. (No 7Plus for the lack of funds, beggars can't be choosers)
Thanks a ton. I'll upgrade in a couple of days may be. Just getting used to iOS so don't want too much to change.

Also any suggestions on how to free up space ? I connected through iTunes, so it shows 2.3 gb for photos, a few mb for apps and huge 6 GB as 'Others'. That can't be the OS alone right ?

Last edited by shashank.nk : 14th September 2016 at 23:13.
Old 14th September 2016, 23:51   #9237
BHPian

Quote:

Just had a few queries

You have to delete the photos from the recently deleted folder in Photos app as well. After that you will see the free storage.
Old 15th September 2016, 00:02   #9238
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton. I'll upgrade in a couple of days may be. Just getting used to iOS so don't want too much to change.

Also any suggestions on how to free up space ? I connected through iTunes, so it shows 2.3 gb for photos, a few mb for apps and huge 6 GB as 'Others'. That can't be the OS alone right ?

Was the phone used by anyone prior to you having it? Over time, there's a lot of data and logs that are stored as others on the iPhone. What I suggest is that restore the phone as a new one. That'll free up space from the others. Apart from that, now on iOS 10 you can delete stock applications. That should help. OS generally takes 5gigs. Issues faced on iPhones that are 16gigs.
Old 15th September 2016, 07:04   #9239
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Mine is a 1.5 year old 6.
And I have a 4S too

Any point in upgrading to iOS10? Is it possible on a 4S?

Does it make a big diff on a 6?
Old 15th September 2016, 07:33   #9240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Mine is a 1.5 year old 6.

And I have a 4S too

Any point in upgrading to iOS10? Is it possible on a 4S?

Does it make a big diff on a 6?

Don't even think about upgrading the 4S!

6 gets most of the features, but the cool stuff is with 6S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks