Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2017, 10:18   #10306
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Bought this really good looking hard cover for my 5s, costed 350 bucks. The feel is good and also protects the device.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-iphone.jpg  

The iPhone Thread-iphone1.jpg  

Old 14th August 2017, 11:38   #10307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
.....Pocketing is the larger issue i would look at.
Same thought was important for me too, so I went ahead and grabbed the iPhone 7 32GB deal from Paytm. With the cash back it comes to 39k which is the best deal compared to Amazon, Flipkart etc. Seller is from Bangalore itself, so expecting it within a day or two. Introducing my better half to the iPhone 6 by passing my 3 months old, pristine piece with leather case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Check out my case. Little expensive but feels great in hand.
Thanks for the suggestion, I liked the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (Version 2 / 2nd Gen) Case for iPhone 7 and placed an order. Its expensive compared to any other brand listed on Amazon. But reviews show its worth its quality !
Old 14th August 2017, 11:42   #10308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Same thought was important for me too, so I went ahead and grabbed the iPhone 7 32GB deal from Paytm. With the cash back it comes to 39k which is the best deal compared to Amazon, Flipkart etc. Seller is from Bangalore itself, so expecting it within a day or two. Introducing my better half to the iPhone 6 by passing my 3 months old, pristine piece with leather case

Thanks for the suggestion, I liked the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (Version 2 / 2nd Gen) Case for iPhone 7 and placed an order. Its expensive compared to any other brand listed on Amazon. But reviews show its worth its quality !

Ive been using the Ultra hybrid 2 on my 7 Plus since the last 2 months. The transparent back gets scratched very easily. Im sure there are atleast a 1000 scratches already.
Old 14th August 2017, 12:05   #10309
Senior - BHPian

I am pretty careless with my phone (read Iphone 7 plus). Hence went ahead with an Otterbox Defender case. Pretty solid, a bit bulky though.
http://www.otterbox.asia/p-1525-ipho...px?color=black
Old 14th August 2017, 15:16   #10310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I am pretty careless with my phone (read Iphone 7 plus). Hence went ahead with an Otterbox Defender case. Pretty solid, a bit bulky though.
http://www.otterbox.asia/p-1525-ipho...px?color=black

If you like rugged cases, have a look at urban armor gear (UAG) also. I personally dont like how the otterbox cases look.
Old 14th August 2017, 18:43   #10311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkkkaran View Post
Ive been using the Ultra hybrid 2 on my 7 Plus since the last 2 months. The transparent back gets scratched very easily. Im sure there are atleast a 1000 scratches already.
I received the case already, although phone is still on its way !!
Is there a mat finish available with this brand ? I dont mind returning and getting a mat finish as I can see your point clear and loud
Old 14th August 2017, 20:07   #10312
BHPian

Quote:

Is there a mat finish available with this brand ? I dont mind returning and getting a mat finish as I can see your point clear and loud

Ive used the spigen rugged armor with the same phone also. Its a matte black finish case, with a carbon fibre finish at the top and bottom. The case did become loose over time though, since i remove it atleast once a week.
Old 15th August 2017, 22:48   #10313
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally setup the SE and ready to go. Two questions:
1) After transfer of SMS, I deleted some old messages. The messages are gone, but the sender's id ( number / name - depends on unlisted or listed contact) still remains in the list. Any idea how to remove these "empty containers" from the list ?

2) How to enable the URL in the sms messages ? Is it because sms service is still not activated by airtel since I have moved from 3G to 4G just now with the new phone ?

note: I am not using whatsapp

Last edited by condor : 15th August 2017 at 22:50.
Old 16th August 2017, 00:18   #10314
VKS
BHPian

I recently downloaded Hotstar on my iPhone. Is there a way to stream contents on my samsung smart tv. I tried a few Samsung applications and it works only for videos on my phone.
Old 16th August 2017, 00:40   #10315
BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Finally setup the SE and ready to go. Two questions:
1) After transfer of SMS, I deleted some old messages. The messages are gone, but the sender's id ( number / name - depends on unlisted or listed contact) still remains in the list. Any idea how to remove these "empty containers" from the list ?

2) How to enable the URL in the sms messages ? Is it because sms service is still not activated by airtel since I have moved from 3G to 4G just now with the new phone ?

note: I am not using whatsapp

For your first question.
What you have done is delete individual messages, from what is termed as a conversation. The list you see, is a list of conversations. Swipe from right to left on a conversation, and tap the delete icon, or edit on top left, select the conversations, and then delete.

Second question : Im not sure what you mean by url in sms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKS View Post
I recently downloaded Hotstar on my iPhone. Is there a way to stream contents on my samsung smart tv. I tried a few Samsung applications and it works only for videos on my phone.

The Smart TVs are not very smart. The list of apps is very small, and gets obsolete very soon. I suggest getting an Amazon fire stick or chromecast. You can try apple tv if you are heavily invested into the Apple ecosystem, but it is relatively expensive.

Last edited by kkkkkaran : 16th August 2017 at 00:45.
Old 16th August 2017, 01:21   #10316
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Second question : Im not sure what you mean by url in sms..
Thanks, Karan.

reg second question:
ex: I have ordered one item and I get a sms that it has been dispatched. The sms normally contains a url to track the package.

In my old android, the URL used be "clickable". Here it is just text.

Do I need to do anything on Safari ?
Old 16th August 2017, 01:33   #10317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks, Karan.

reg second question:
ex: I have ordered one item and I get a sms that it has been dispatched. The sms normally contains a url to track the package.

In my old android, the URL used be "clickable". Here it is just text.

Do I need to do anything on Safari ?

This is a bug in IOS versions, which requires the url to be preceeded by http or https (as applicable), or it can also be the following :
https://www.tatango.com/blog/apple-i...text-messages/
Old 16th August 2017, 16:10   #10318
BHPian

Quote:
Inch-Pinch. I too picked up an iP7 128 GB (+ Spigen Hybrid Version 2 Black border) from paytm for 57000 less 11000 cashback as my wife lost her 6S 128GB on her travels abroad. So she gets my old 6S and me a new phone. Unfortunately with the new launch next month, feeling sad that I had to get a iP7, but at 46000 net , it is a steal.

Edit: Get a plastic screen protector installed on the back of the case :-)
Old 16th August 2017, 17:08   #10319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ive used the spigen rugged armor with the same phone also. Its a matte black finish case, with a carbon fibre finish at the top and bottom. The case did become loose over time though, since i remove it atleast once a week.
I exchanged my case to the same what you mentioned above. Picked the midnight blue ! Love the matte feel and quality. Pics below. What makes you remove it every week ? I feel it should be like Superman's chaddi, once you put it on, it should be on till it's torn apart
The iPhone Thread-case.jpg

The iPhone Thread-case1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
....I too picked up an iP7 128 GB (+ Spigen Hybrid Version 2 Black border) from paytm .....So she gets my old 6S and me a new phone. Unfortunately with the new launch next month, feeling sad that I had to get a iP7, but at 46000 net , it is a steal.
I still don't need even a 32GB, because none of my past phones crossed 10GB. But with the 4K video, slow mo, iGarage etc. may be there is a chance, I may cross 20GB. I have a habit of backing up every month. Having over 10 TB of high speed portable SSD, I prefer to save money on the gadget memory !

Why would you worry about the new launch anyway New launches are always super expensive, specially from Apple.
Old 16th August 2017, 17:14   #10320
BHPian

Quote:
I exchanged my case to the same what you mentioned above. Picked the midnight blue ! Love the matte feel and quality. Pics below. What makes you remove it every week ? I feel it should be like Superman's chaddi, once you put it on, it should be on till it's torn apart

Lets just say, I play with my phone a lot, and i love the naked feel. I loved the feel of the case, but moved to the Ultra Hybrid 2 once this got loose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks