Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:58   #12826
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Seems I won't be changing battery of my 6S. I found that that now at another place a faint black spot has come (i had mentioned the first spot In this thread few days back). Check the pic. It's not only the 2 spots but seems a faint black thick link of varying thickness.
I will still be using this phone as much as I can, keeping it always charged and such. But day by day it is appearing that I may end up spending for a new device this year.
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-09cd502789d94a1bb0b7c51c5ce6ec74.jpeg  

Old 4th August 2020, 09:00   #12827
BHPian

So yesterday, I had to get my iPhone 6S Battery changed urgently since it had bloated and was pushing the LCD up. Since apple store appointment was not something I was able to get, I had to change locally. The battery capacity showed 100% and charge was something like 67% but the phone would restart automatically when connected to power, be it wall charger or laptop. I could not even restore the phone since it continuously is getting disconnected due to these issues.
The battery also refuses to charge, as in, the charging icon comes but the percentage never goes up and without charger, it will go down.
I will be going back to that local store to hopefully sort it out but has anyone experienced something similar with aftermarket batteries?

Also I was planning to buy new iPhone this year but was also not, as in, if the 6S would survive one more year, I wanted to keep using it to avoid any expense. I am ok if it is not latest and greatest. Hoping XR comes at under 40K deal like it came last year. But I doubt.
Old 4th August 2020, 09:25   #12828
Senior - BHPian

The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
So yesterday, I had to get my iPhone 6S Battery changed urgently since it had bloated and was pushing the LCD up. Since apple store appointment was not something I was able to get.

One piece of suggestion. When it comes to Apple service in India please try walking in and checking with them. The concept of appointment is very vague unlike in the US which is a lot more formalised. Under the current circumstances Apple service centres are relatively empty. I visited 2 of them couple of weeks back so I can vouch.
More so because spares like battery and screens should ideally be fixed directly from them. Also considering the battery cost only 3.5k which is cheap by Apple standards.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 09:58   #12829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
One piece of suggestion. When it comes to Apple service in India please try walking in and checking with them. The concept of appointment is very vague unlike in the US which is a lot more formalised. Under the current circumstances Apple service centres are relatively empty. I visited 2 of them couple of weeks back so I can vouch.
More so because spares like battery and screens should ideally be fixed directly from them. Also considering the battery cost only 3.5k which is cheap by Apple standards.
I understand and that walk in thought did not cross my mind as the authorized reseller told me not to come without appointment (few days back when I had asked), but I should have tried. Hopefully, I can resolve this issue with the phone shop soon as I plan to go there in sometime.

Last edited by raksrules : 4th August 2020 at 09:59.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 13:33   #12830
BHPian

I don't think any service centre is taking walk-ins, these days in Mumbai. I had to give my Kindle for repair and they too refused entry citing prior appointment needed( fortunately, I could get one standing outside their centre). I am still waiting for Bose to reopen their service centre, as I need to handover my headphones for repair.
Old 5th August 2020, 15:59   #12831
BHPian

The issue I reported above is fixed now. The installation of battery wasn't perfect so just went to the store again in my locality and they fixed it. Now phone and charging works fine.

Last edited by raksrules : 5th August 2020 at 16:21.
Old 5th August 2020, 16:52   #12832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Hoping XR comes at under 40K deal like it came last year. But I doubt.
The XR will be retailing @ 45k on Flipkart for the sale that is starting from 6th Aug midnight. Add to that some bank / CC offers and you can have it best at 43.5k. Pretty decent deal I feel. Do check it out.
Old 6th August 2020, 00:04   #12833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
I had a similar spot on my Samsung Note 8, there was no physical damage at all. This got gradually bigger and more irritating over a period of around 3 months. I was asked to change the screen by the service centre for 14 thousand, sold off the phone.

Check with the Apple service centre or any private repair shop and decide accordingly.

Cheers
The white spots I reported on my iPhone 6S couple of pages back are gone now. It was due to bulging battery of the phone pushing the screen and causing those spots. I didn't knew that was the cause. But yesterday got the battery changed on my phone and noticed that the spots aren't there anymore.

Last edited by raksrules : 6th August 2020 at 00:06.
Old 9th August 2020, 02:47   #12834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
The XR will be retailing @ 45k on Flipkart for the sale that is starting from 6th Aug midnight. Add to that some bank / CC offers and you can have it best at 43.5k. Pretty decent deal I feel. Do check it out.
Considering 11 retails around 60-65k makes XR a steal. 11 does not feel like much of an upgrade from XR honestly.
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 15:51   #12835
Senior - BHPian

My old iPhone has slowed down considerable over the last two weeks. The New iPhone 12 launch must be round the corner. But, On a serious note, apps are also hanging. When I switch off and restart, it does get better. Very odd
Old 9th August 2020, 16:10   #12836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
My old iPhone has slowed down considerable over the last two weeks. The New iPhone 12 launch must be round the corner. But, On a serious note, apps are also hanging. When I switch off and restart, it does get better. Very odd
Try a reset and then restore from a backup, your problem may be resolved. Which old iPhone?

Did you update to 13.6? If you have, maybe it’s due to the update. Even so, the above should help.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2020, 16:14   #12837
BHPian

Quote:
Can you give more details like which model iPhone it is ? I am sure your issues could be fixed by a reset and setup as new. I strongly recommend trying that out. This is coming from someone who is using same iPhone for last almost 5 years.
Old 9th August 2020, 16:27   #12838
Senior - BHPian

It's the iPhone 7Plus, 128 Gig. I'll do the reset and setup. Thanks. But do you think Apple is up to 'slowing down' tricks again?
Old 9th August 2020, 17:31   #12839
BHPian

Quote:
It's the iPhone 7Plus, 128 Gig. I'll do the reset and setup. Thanks. But do you think Apple is up to 'slowing down' tricks again?
Also what's the battery health ? I am using iPhone 6S so it is even older than yours and on iOS 14 and it works great.
Old 9th August 2020, 22:39   #12840
BHPian

Quote:

No issues with my 7 apart from a broken screen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks