Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2020, 09:52   #12931
Senior - BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Apple's online store going live in India on September 23.

https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2020/...-september-23/
Finally!

Not sure if this (1) will impact the prices and (2) we will get the newer models faster than before.

With regard to iOS 14 supporting older phones it seems they have increased the period to 6 years now. iPhone 6 did not get iOS 13 support so I assumed 6S will not get iOS 14. But it turns out they do. Thats good news too. No?
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 10:11   #12932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
With regard to iOS 14 supporting older phones it seems they have increased the period to 6 years now. iPhone 6 did not get iOS 13 support so I assumed 6S will not get iOS 14. But it turns out they do. Thats good news too. No?
That decision, is said, was purely hardware related since the 6 has 1GB RAM.
Old 18th September 2020, 11:12   #12933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yep, it doesn't work on my dad's 6s. But then, that feature itself isn't visible on that phone so not sure why you're blaming Apple.

My bad actually. I got confused with assistive touch custom actions.
Old 18th September 2020, 12:26   #12934
BHPian

Installed iOS 14, working flawlessly.

Is there a way to edit the cities in the watch widget? Currently it shows Tokyo, Sydney, Cupertino and Paris. Wanted to change to what relevant to me.

Any idea?

-Ijeet
Old 18th September 2020, 13:13   #12935
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post

Is there a way to edit the cities in the watch widget? Currently it shows Tokyo, Sydney, Cupertino and Paris. Wanted to change to what relevant to me.

Any idea?

-Ijeet
Long press on widget and select edit.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 13:14   #12936
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet View Post

Any idea?

-Ijeet
Long press the widget > Edit widget > click on the name you want to change.
Rahulkool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 13:21   #12937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
Long press the widget > Edit widget > click on the name you want to change.
Wow! thanks, that worked like a charm.

-Ijeet
Old 18th September 2020, 15:06   #12938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Finally!
Not sure if this (1) will impact the prices and (2) we will get the newer models faster than before.
Let us hope both happen. I am in the market for an MB Air and waiting for the launch. Got excited to see that they plan on Edu. discount and buybacks. I also hope they start selling refurbished devices like on Apple US store.
I am guessing the imminent launch is why Maple and other Re-sellers are bombarding discounts on Apple products.
Old 18th September 2020, 19:39   #12939
BHPian

Anyone having issue regarding accessing the payment information stored with Apple ID. I have been trying to access it from morning but not able to get through. This is not particular to iOS 14 BTW.
Old 18th September 2020, 22:03   #12940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I always purchase BoAT cables on Amazon for the same. They are metal braided, strong & have never given me any trouble.
I just checked these out in Amazon and they look nice. However, in their compatible phones list, it does not have iPhone 7 and above listed. Does it still work with iPhone 7 and above? Will there be any issues?

https://www.amazon.in/LTG500-Indestr...=1&ext_vrnc=hi
Old 18th September 2020, 22:39   #12941
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
I just checked these out in Amazon and they look nice. However, in their compatible phones list, it does not have iPhone 7 and above listed. Does it still work with iPhone 7 and above? Will there be any issues?
I checked my Amazon purchases history and the first BoAt that I purchased was an LTG500 Apple Certified cable in May 2016. I guess that is when I had the 6+
After that I have upgraded my phones regularly and currently own the X & XS Max and have only been using BoAt charging cables.
I am sure the description should have read - compatible with iPhone 6 and above.
Do go for them, you will not be disappointed.
Ithaca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2020, 23:19   #12942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
I am sure the description should have read - compatible with iPhone 6 and above.
Do go for them, you will not be disappointed.
Thank you for clarifying. Just placed the order.

This is what it said "Compatible with Apple iPhone 6/ 6 Plus, 5S/5C/5, iPad Air 1/2, iPad2/3/4, iPad Mini 1/2/3, iPad Retina and iPod Touch"
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2020, 08:14   #12943
Senior - BHPian

Downloaded iOS 14 yesterday on my iPhone XR, ans have been trying to check out all the new features. One very interesting feature is the double tap gesture, but it does not work when I set it to enable the spotlight. It works for locking the phone, even for closing the apps etc, but not for enabling the spotlight.

Also, in the new Home Screen,most apps are not compatible with the widgets Apple has introduced, so NDTV works in the form a widget, but other than this its just the native apps like photos and others. Hoping other apps customise for this soon.
Old 19th September 2020, 10:39   #12944
Senior - BHPian

Apple Is finally launching its own online store in India and here are all the benefits it will offer.

Quote:
The Apple India online store is finally going live and will be available for customers to use on September 23rd. The timing of the launch couldn't be perfect as the upcoming festival season is right around the corner when Indian customers tend to go on a shopping spree. The online will be available on Apple's official website and will sell directly to Indian customers from the website. It is the first Apple retail presence in India as Apple usually sold their products via distributors and authorised resellers until now.*

The website is not only for purchasing new Apple products as the company will also offer trade-in offers for your older iPhone phones and other smartphones as well when you purchase from the official online store. The online store will launch on September 23rd i.e. next week.*

Currently, the online store will offer all of Apple's portfolio that sells in the country including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and other accessories. Apple has said the online store will offer the same premium experience customers normally associated with physical stores. The store will also offer assistance from experts in both English and Hindi for better guidance when purchasing products.*

“We're proud to be expanding in India and want to do all we can to support our customers and their communities. We know our users are relying on technology to stay connected, engage in learning, and tap into their creativity, and by bringing the Apple Store online to India, we are offering our customers the very best of Apple at this important time,” says Deirdre O'Brien, Apple's senior vice president of Retail + People.

For students, there will be a new education store that will offer special discounts and pricing on products like the iPhone, iPad Mac and other Apple products to students and teachers. Apple will also extend discounts to some of their accessories, AppleCare+ packages as well.*
Source: https://www.mensxp.com/technology/ne...ill-offer.html

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 19th September 2020 at 10:40.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 21:41   #12945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_elegance View Post
Thank you for clarifying. Just placed the order.

Received the cable today. Looks very sturdy and nice.

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1600618188.344761.jpg

The iPhone Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1600618209.813449.jpg
fast_elegance is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks