Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2020, 10:06   #12961
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Apple store online is live in India. 1$ is Rs 100 on this store.
Since British ruled us for better part of our recent history then our own elected government, thus Apple considers Indian cost of living and income levels are same as that of UK so effectively we get prices which are similar or inline with that of UK rather than US.

If you will check for most white goods, pricing is like X$ in US and X £ in UK, no adjustment of conversion of currency and similarly we end up paying 100 bucks to the dollar for apple products which is more like conversion from pounds to rupee
The iPhone Thread-price-comparo.jpg
roamer012 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 11:38   #12962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driving_smartly View Post
Upgraded my 2016 SE to iOS 14, initial 2 days battery was jittery but it's settled now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
6S user here and using iOS 14 since it's first beta. No performance issues. Now using the GM version. Go ahead and upgrade.
Thanks guys. Following the assurance, updated my phone last night. No lags and feels good. Must appreciate Apple for supporting older hardware/ models even after 4-5 years and this time smoothly unlike the iPhone 4s update which made the phone so slow that they rendered it almost unusable, at least as the primary phone.

Regards.
Old 24th September 2020, 18:16   #12963
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone upgraded their 6S to iOS 14?
No issues of iOS 14 on my 6s. I sometimes spend 7hrs watching Netflix/Prime on it. Didn't notice any battery or performance issues.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 10:58   #12964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Anyone upgraded their 6S to iOS 14? Though the reviews on internet seem to opine that performance issues and battery life is not a concern with 6S on ios14 but just wanted to get real feedback from team here. Have burnt fingers before with updates and it’s almost impossible to rollback.

Thanks.
I've had iOS 14 on my 6S Plus for the last couple of months or so, running beta versions. Normal beta bugs aside, there's been no problem whatsoever, and in fact it seems to be running even faster than before.
And although it hasn't been mentioned in any reviews I've read so far, it still utilizes the 3D Touch hardware as well - a hard press opens up the context menu much quicker than a normal long press, as I just discovered now.
Old 25th September 2020, 11:29   #12965
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_2401 View Post
I've had iOS 14 on my 6S Plus for the last couple of months or so, running beta versions. Normal beta bugs aside, there's been no problem whatsoever, and in fact it seems to be running even faster than before.
Actually quite right. I can too see the phone responding faster especially while opening applications and camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkv_2401 View Post
And although it hasn't been mentioned in any reviews I've read so far, it still utilizes the 3D Touch hardware as well - a hard press opens up the context menu much quicker than a normal long press, as I just discovered now.
Now this is a revelation. And again spot on. I tried this and the 3D Touch works faster than the long press. So, at least provides some exclusivity to the 6S and models with 3D Touch. I often use long press on the rightmost bottom icon on the safari to close tabs while browsing and noticed that the context menu was taking longer in ios14 than the previous iOS. This gets sorted with the 3D Touch!

Thanks.
Old 25th September 2020, 12:22   #12966
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys! Desperately looking for some help with eSIM and BANK SMS Authentication.
Model: Iphone 11Pro

Primary - Airtel eSIM - This number is linked with all bank accounts
Secondary - Jio Physical SIM - This is a backup number.

SMS Verification Issue:

Reinstalled one of the Banking Apps. Now it needs to verify my registered number through the SMS method. My primary number is the Airtel eSIM. However the app doesn't recognise the eSIM and uses only the secondary physical SIM (JIO) to send the SMS verification string. Hence am unable to use my banking app.

Even i tried switching off/ removing the Jio Physical SIM. It still doesn't help. Has anyone faced this issue? Any workarounds?

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 25th September 2020 at 12:23.
Old 25th September 2020, 12:35   #12967
Senior - BHPian

iOS 14.0.1 has been released, I have downloaded/installed it and all seems good so far.

It’s for bug fixes with the browser and email settings among other things. No new functionality has been introduced with this update.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 14:11   #12968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Hey Guys! Desperately looking for some help with eSIM and BANK SMS Authentication.

SMS Verification Issue:
Reinstalled one of the Banking Apps. Now it needs to verify my registered number through the SMS method. My primary number is the Airtel eSIM. However the app doesn't recognise the eSIM
This is an issue with your banker / app developer as they have not enabled support for SMS verification thru eSIM. Same issue was there with BHIM app as well and was resolved in June-July 2020 only once app was updated. You can try posting review on the app / reporting an issue with app menu (from second device where you are able to access the functionalities of app may be belonging to a different user.)

Temporary workaround, get Airtel physical sim and transfer JIO to eSIM.

Last edited by roamer012 : 25th September 2020 at 14:13.
roamer012 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 13:31   #12969
BHPian

With the WFH in place, my iPhone 11 is being used a lot. Have to charge it by evening to use it. Recently Apple online store opened. I ordered the smart battery case. It got delivered just now. Will share the review and daily usage soon. Meanwhile sharing some photos.The iPhone Thread-caafa4973172441b825ba3abc5c032df.jpeg

The iPhone Thread-a53ba49cc4b542fe935fdb0ef1d3df87.jpeg
Attached Thumbnails
The iPhone Thread-e52155507391486bae646cccc5d4b607.jpeg  

sairamboko is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 10:54   #12970
Senior - BHPian

Post ios14 installation, battery seems to be draining faster. I thought the 14.01 update would help, but does not look like it. I went to sleep last night at around 11am with 12% charge with no back ground applications running. And at 8 am this morning the phone was at 1%. I remember having 5-7% in the night and waking up to see 2-3%, but this update is surely draining battery like never before.
Old 5th October 2020, 04:43   #12971
Senior - BHPian

Just picked up my brother’s 6s(he moved to X last year) that was lying around unused for trying out apple ecosystem. Battery was at 70%, so got it changed for ~3.5k. System updated to iOS 14. Mighty impressed with the fluidic experience of the 4 year old phone.

Couple of Questions:
1.How do I transfer my contacts from previous android device to this?
2. How to disable the insane autocorrect while typing? It forcefully changes the words
Old 5th October 2020, 09:28   #12972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Just picked up my brother’s 6s(he moved to X last year) that was lying around unused for trying out apple ecosystem. Battery was at 70%, so got it changed for ~3.5k. System updated to iOS 14. Mighty impressed with the fluidic experience of the 4 year old phone.

Couple of Questions:
1.How do I transfer my contacts from previous android device to this?
2. How to disable the insane autocorrect while typing? It forcefully changes the words
1. For transferring contacts, easiest way is to enable sync of contact to Google in your android device. Once synced, it will get shown in your iPhone (if you have added your google account via Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add Account

2. For disabling autocorrect: Settings > General > Keyboard > Aut-Correction > Disable
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 09:36   #12973
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
So finally taking inspiration from @audioholic I ordered a replacement battery from The Black Store on Amazon along with an Amazon Basics screwdriver set.
Hi,
I have ordered and received the Black Store replacement battery for my iPhone SE. However, the smallest driver in my screw driver is still too big for the two torx screws. Can you please point me to the Amazon Basics screw driver kit that you bought?
Old 5th October 2020, 09:52   #12974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi,
I have ordered and received the Black Store replacement battery for my iPhone SE. However, the smallest driver in my screw driver is still too big for the two torx screws. Can you please point me to the Amazon Basics screw driver kit that you bought?
You need a 0.8 mm Pentalobe screwdriver bit. Not Torx. The one I bought was 'AmazonBasics 51-Piece Precision Screwdriver Bit Set'.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 13:44   #12975
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
You need a 0.8 mm Pentalobe screwdriver bit. Not Torx. The one I bought was 'AmazonBasics 51-Piece Precision Screwdriver Bit Set'.
Thank you. Borrowed the screw driver set from a friend and completed the installation. Now battery health shows 100%. Will do a full discharge and a full charge and see if the backup time has increased sufficiently.

For reference, the old battery health was at 84% and used to go below 10% within 5 hours. Also, even when the battery was at 15%, the phone used to switch off occasionally while placing a call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks