Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2022, 21:29   #15151
BHPian

Re: The iPhone Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalheadnomad View Post
You cannot have a completely blank home screen,
It is possible to have a blank page as home screen.

Create a new page with just one icon and make that page as home screen. After this, move the icon to any other page.
smnrock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 01:29   #15152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
After around 25 years playing around with Android, I’ve decided to settle down. Gifted myself a 13 Pro Max couple of days back.
Congrats. 13 Promax ís a great phone. How are you liking the experience?

Do share feedback as it would be interesting to know from someone who used an Android for so long.

Also, why is it that I see people shift from Android to Apple and not vice a versa. Does TC really carry a magic wand around.

Quote:
Not much into selfies, so doesn't really concern me.
It does take great selfies. So you should think of joining the "Selfie Bandwagon"

Quote:
I decided to move to IOS for the seamless software experience . My wife has been using a iPhone 11 since last 3 years and she says she doesn't even feel like upgrading as its still flawless.
Oh! So you are already invested in Apple Eco-System. Nice !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Congratulations on the pro, it's a great phone san the Selfie camera, my wife 25K phone clicks better selfies then my iphone 13 pro.
I don't think the cameras of 13 Pro and 13 Promax is radically different.

Here are a few examples of selfies from 13 Promax. Do you see any fault in these pictures?

The iPhone Thread-d4ab31dff904454fb4eec586451acbc5.jpg

The iPhone Thread-img_6947.jpg

The iPhone Thread-fullsizerender.jpg
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 03:49   #15153
Senior - BHPian

Got my iPhone 14 Pro Max to replace my 13 Pro Max and while its mostly the same, the camera's are incredibly good especially 48mp Proraw which is has incredible amount of detail. High mp count in most other camera's is just a headline figure, in case of Apple it is eminently usable.
extreme_torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 06:48   #15154
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
My bad, Just add Symbian also to the list and move on guys.
I used to be a big fan of Nokia Phones with their Carl Zeiss lenses from the Camera point of view. Right from the odd shaped 6600 to the N78 to the N82 to the N95 to the N8. In fact we still have the old N8 from 2010 which is in perfect working condition and which my Dad uses sometimes to listen to music on his walk. I used to be able to take lovely photos with its 12mp camera and Carl Zeiss lens.
But that Symbian OS was clunky and terrible.
Then there were those Nokia phones which came with the Windows operating system and those excellent Ericsson T series phones and those wonderful MotoRazr phones.

But none of these could ever compete with Apple once it got going.

I remember remarking casually to a friend, when I got my iPod with 30gb video in 2005 or 2006, that Apple would do very well to get into mobile phones, which would put everything in one’s hands in a daily use device. The iPod touch of 2011 was a real good leap in that sense.

Apple has totally and unutterably changed my world.
They have mastered the art of mass appeal at a premium price.

No wonder their company is such a valuable one today. I wish someone had bought and given me some of their shares like Forrest Gump got.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 08:42   #15155
BHPian

Anyone getting 5g signals on iPhone in Bangalore or anywhere else?
I have IP12 and Jio and Airtel both doesn’t show 5g signal yet in Bangalore north. Checked settings but no 5g option. Though Airtel is giving 5g data speed of 80-90Mbps but 4g signal display.
Old 4th October 2022, 11:23   #15156
Senior - BHPian

Anyone on IOS 16 version, how the release if anyone using it? do update.
Old 4th October 2022, 11:37   #15157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
I am on it.
Its good.
I especially like the email scheduler on the apple email client. Its so helpful and works superbly.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 11:42   #15158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Do share feedback as it would be interesting to know from someone who used an Android for so long.
iPhone 13 and ex-6S user here.

Coming from Android what I find the most difficult to get used to is the lack of a back button or gesture. Reaching the thumb to the top left corner is kind of difficult if you are holding the phone in your right hand. And some apps do support swipe gesture from the left edge, but then it is hard to operate with your right thumb especially in browsers where you end up scrolling the page up or down. Its much easier if you are using the phone using the left hand - then the gesture works fine and the "back" on top is within a reachable distance.

Now I wonder how the Plus and Max users live with their iPhones.

ps: I haven't been able to figure out the new lock screen customization even after several tries. I gave up after I managed to set a regular photo as wallpaper. I think Apple over engineered it a bit this time.

Last edited by dragonfire : 4th October 2022 at 11:44.
Old 4th October 2022, 12:14   #15159
Team-BHP Support

Got my iPhone 14 Pro Deep Purple delivered on 1st October. Move away from my usual black/ silve choice and happy with the decision. Most of the time with indoor light it looks grey (perfect for office setting) and goes purple with more brighter light.

Coming from 11 Pro biggest difference are Camera, Screen and Audio. Just in initial use mode will post once I spend some more time with the device.

Oh.. the eSim transfer was a disaster! The Airtel eSIM just refused to move from phone to phone, and I initiated the SMS process for a new one from old phone. Unfortunately the final verification never came through and since it was an apple trade in purchase, I had to reset the phone and return it before waiting for more. At the end had to goto Airtel showroom and get a new physical sim, and this time I converted the secondary Jio sim to eSim via SMS. It was a smooth process, but took about 2 hours in all.
Jaggu is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 12:39   #15160
BHPian

"A device attached to the system is not functioning", I frequently get this error when trying to copy videos and photos to my win 10 laptop. I have tried the "keep originals setting" in photos for transfer to mac/pc but the issue persists. Can anyone tell me any fix for this as i need to frequently copy large amounts of photos and videos from my iphone 12.
Old 4th October 2022, 12:56   #15161
BHPian

Not sure if this is a common problem, but team-bhp on Chrome has some touch issues usually while touching on small links (like "last post" and the breadcrumbs). Sometimes have to press 2 or 3 times before the touch gets registered. No issues with Safari.

I mostly use Google apps (Chrome, Maps, Photos and Gmail). Looks like I'll be ditching Chrome in favor of Safari if the touch issue persists.

ps: I miss the good old team-bhp app.
Old 4th October 2022, 13:20   #15162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
Pretty good update. The lock screen and home screen updates have changed how I use the phone with minimal unlocking. Battery took a toss for a few days but now settled for minimum 24 hrs (I use an iphone 13).
bharanidharang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 14:03   #15163
BHPian

What are the timelines for delivery for the 14 Pro's? Have booked a Deep Purple 14 Pro Max with Croma last Saturday and no signs of any stock. Redeeming all my CC points for Croma Vouchers and the 256 GB 14 ProMax is free.
riteshritesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 14:07   #15164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post

Oh.. the eSim transfer was a disaster! The Airtel eSIM just refused to move from phone to phone, and I initiated the SMS process for a new one from old phone. Unfortunately the final verification never came through and since it was an apple trade in purchase, I had to reset the phone and return it before waiting for more. At the end had to goto Airtel showroom and get a new physical sim, and this time I converted the secondary Jio sim to eSim via SMS. It was a smooth process, but took about 2 hours in all.
When I switched from iphone 11 to samsung s22 ultra, I went to Jio store to get my eSIM moved from iphone to samsung. Jio store is a 5 min walk from my house and at store I spent not more than 5 minutes. I was told it will take 2 hours for eSIM to get activated but by the time I returned home, eSIM got already activated. So total time it took was less than 15 minutes.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2022, 14:13   #15165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
What are the timelines for delivery for the 14 Pro's? Have booked a Deep Purple 14 Pro Max with Croma last Saturday and no signs of any stock. Redeeming all my CC points for Croma Vouchers and the 256 GB 14 ProMax is free.
For Croma vouchers the exchange rate is 4 points to 1 rupee.

Most Viewed