Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2008, 15:35   #301
BHPian

Any news when is Iphone going to be available in India(legally).
Old 8th February 2008, 15:52   #302
Team-BHP Support

Some rumor had it that airtel was exploring post paid and hutch pre paid plans or something, just a rumor but NOTHING confirmed.
Old 8th February 2008, 16:24   #303
BHPian

1.1.3 s/f unlock out.. Tadu?

Out of the box 1.1.3 iPhones now software unlockable - Engadget
Old 8th February 2008, 16:41   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
Yes, link is in my post above, and here - On the iPhone

And this is the best time to pick up iPhones, all versions in the market have good stable software unlocks. And this includes the new 16GB ones.

Some Apple devs not getting their bonuses this time.
Old 8th February 2008, 16:50   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
Some Apple devs not getting their bonuses this time.
No matter how hard they try.. there will always be someone to unlock the new firmware.
Old 8th February 2008, 17:43   #306
BHPian

Quote:
And this is the best time to pick up iPhones, all versions in the market have good stable software unlocks.
@ Tadu: Would the SDK release change the game? I was wondering if we could have some nice note making apps on the iphone? And some ppl reporting facing problems with using the phones with vodafone? Any issues?
Old 8th February 2008, 17:51   #307
Senior - BHPian

Can I now safely buy the 16 GB iPhone? I have a colleague in the US who will be arriving shortly in India.
Old 8th February 2008, 18:20   #308
BHPian

Quote:
@ Tadu: Would the SDK release change the game? I was wondering if we could have some nice note making apps on the iphone? And some ppl reporting facing problems with using the phones with vodafone? Any issues?
Will have to wait and see whether Apple delays the SDK release, and the accompanying firmware to fix these. Anybody's guess. Just tried the new unlock on a 112 OTB phone running a Vodaphone SIM, there are no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Can I now safely buy the 16 GB iPhone? I have a colleague in the US who will be arriving shortly in India.
Get it now. The current software unlock always downgrades the modem firmware to that of 112 even if you run the unlock on a 113 OTB. Only downside is that Google Map triangulation does not work if you do that. I find it pretty useful considering the iPhone does not have inbuilt GPS, and it worked well enough for every place in Bangalore I tried it.

But, in a couple of days the same exploits will probably be used to load a hacked 113 modem firmware as well. And I am sure somebody will package that and put up tutorials etc shortly.
Old 8th February 2008, 23:35   #309
BHPian

This man is Great! way to go geohot!

On the iPhone: 11246unlock, good enough for the prize
Old 9th February 2008, 00:03   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And some ppl reporting facing problems with using the phones with vodafone? Any issues?
Quote:
Will have to wait and see whether Apple delays the SDK release, and the accompanying firmware to fix these. Anybody's guess. Just tried the new unlock on a 112 OTB phone running a Vodaphone SIM, there are no issues.
Like Tadu said, no problems are there with a Vodafone connection running on a 1.1.2 phone with a 4.06 bootloader, I'm running one myself for nearly two months now with no issues (touch wood!!).
Old 12th February 2008, 00:20   #311
Senior - BHPian

I hear a complete software crack for 1.1.3 is out !.. YIppiee!!!
Old 12th February 2008, 00:28   #312
Senior - BHPian

*ALERT*

There have been numerous complaints from iPhone users to various telecom operators about GPRS charges being overtly high even though their usage is minimal. In most cases it is noticed that the phones are generating CONTINUOUS Packet Data traffic throughout the day.

While operators have no idea what this usage is, the phenomenon is restricted to iPhones and therefore it is assumed that it has something to do with either the iPhone software itself or with the crack used.

So if you're on a limited GPRS usage plan or a tiered plan (or anything other than an unlimited plan) please be aware that your bills might shoot up.

Else move to Idea - they still havent figured out how to bill for GPRS traffic so all their GPRS plans are fixed monthly rate unlimited usage plans.
Old 12th February 2008, 01:34   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
*ALERT*

There have been numerous complaints from iPhone users to various telecom operators about GPRS charges being overtly high even though their usage is minimal. In most cases it is noticed that the phones are generating CONTINUOUS Packet Data traffic throughout the day.

While operators have no idea what this usage is, the phenomenon is restricted to iPhones and therefore it is assumed that it has something to do with either the iPhone software itself or with the crack used.
Definitely, nothing to do with any of the multitude of cracks. The cracks available in no way influence or send out/receive data over the network.

What is possibly going on is, the users who had trouble had multiple email accounts setup, and then choose to automatically check for mail every few minutes. Of course, browsing Google Street/Satellite maps would also take bandwidth. So would watching stock tickers, or browsing, of course. All this, and I have never seen it cross 100Mb a month, even though I am on an unlimited plan. Only thing I dont do on edge is, watch you tube, the phone drops quality for you tube videos if you are on edge, and they don't look so good any more.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:24   #314
Senior - BHPian

I am facing a peculiar problem with my iphone. I kept it on charge for the whole night but the battery indicator still doesnt show full charge. The plug icon never appears. This is a wide spread problem with the iphone and though the battery is fully charged, it appears that battery indicator is at fault. Anyone else facing this issue? Any resolutions?

Came accross this... the issue is more widespread than I thought
Apple says iPhone battery issue is a bug - Blog - WirelessInfo.com - Cell Phone Reviews and Wireless Plan Ratings

Last edited by extreme_torque : 12th February 2008 at 14:31.
Old 12th February 2008, 22:23   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is possibly going on is, the users who had trouble had multiple email accounts setup, and then choose to automatically check for mail every few minutes. Of course, browsing Google Street/Satellite maps would also take bandwidth. So would watching stock tickers, or browsing, of course.
These are all activities that other phones/PDAs have been carrying out for sometime now - we've not seen this level of complaints from users of Symbian, UIQ or Windows Mobile phones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks