Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 17:21   #811
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@Cool_dube. Go ahead with Garmin from US/ UK/ EU. It's VFM. See whether 260 is a live model now.
If you are looking at 260W, also compare 265WT. You'd be able to get a good price for that. I recomment SatNav maps. I've added close to 7000 kms with the garmin on. Exploring bits and bobs. Except the chiplun - pune suggested route which didn't exist (even MMI failed there and showed a non-existant route), the garmin with satnav was spot on. Ofcourse some one-ways in cities were a bit of issue. But when I took the turn seeing a no-entry board, it re-routed in seconds and suggested alternate routes.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:49   #812
evo
BHPian

Received a message from MMI saying that they have couriered it via Speed Post.
Old 4th May 2010, 18:50   #813
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Just talked to the only Garmin 'authorized' dealership in Bangalore. The only model they have in the 2xx series is the 215 (not the 215W) with a 3.5" screen. Cost is INR 12,500 plus 12.5% tax which comes to INR 14062.5 with one year warranty and pre-loaded SatNav maps (yes, they have tied up with SatNav). Not a VFM deal in my opinion. I am tempted to order a 4.3" screen unit (say a 260W) online (20north maybe) and get SatNav maps.

Thoughts?
No point buying Garmin through Indian dealers. BTW you also get Garmin through MMI. But they are highly priced. If some one coming from US order through Amazon. Its much-much better that way.
Old 4th May 2010, 19:25   #814
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Received a message from MMI saying that they have couriered it via Speed Post.
Just finished the live chat wit MMI executive. The cost of Roadpilot is 7990/- INR inclusive of Device+map+windshield mount+ charger+Shipping chargers. The device is plug and play and comes with pre-loaded maps. its plug and play, in the sense that you can start using the device as soon as you receive the same. Updates can be carried out by connecting the unit to MMI website. Also navigation support is available on all major highways and state roads.The shipping time is 6 days maximum. Most important, it comes with a 1GB in-built memory and support memory cards. It does not support .mp3 files.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:38   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Just talked to the only Garmin 'authorized' dealership in Bangalore. The only model they have in the 2xx series is the 215 (not the 215W) with a 3.5" screen. Cost is INR 12,500 plus 12.5% tax which comes to INR 14062.5 with one year warranty and pre-loaded SatNav maps (yes, they have tied up with SatNav). Not a VFM deal in my opinion. I am tempted to order a 4.3" screen unit (say a 260W) online (20north maybe) and get SatNav maps.

Thoughts?
This is the exact device I bought form Chennai dealer for Rs.12600/-, and yes if you can import one for half the price and use satnav go ahead.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:23   #816
Senior - BHPian

I received the courier today - I had placed the order yesterday for the Lucca on the MMI website.

Shipping is pretty fast I must say.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:24   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I received the courier today - I had placed the order yesterday for the Lucca on the MMI website.

Shipping is pretty quick.
MMI shipping is pretty quick and their customer care good. Being in the same city, I received my Lucca within 3 hours of placing the order, and they called me twice in between to ask me to wait at my office till they reach.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:29   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
MMI shipping is pretty quick and their customer care good. Being in the same city, I received my Lucca within 3 hours of placing the order, and they called me twice in between to ask me to wait at my office till they reach.
Well I noticed that the shipping & handling charges were 700 bucks in the bill that they sent me.

Guys in Delhi can probably collect it in person and save those 700 bucks, making it even more VFM. I don't know if they will agree to collecting it in person though, most likely they won't.

Architect, how's the experience so far ? Good ?
Old 4th May 2010, 22:39   #819
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Well I noticed that the shipping & handling charges were 700 bucks in the bill that they sent me.

Guys in Delhi can probably collect it in person and save those 700 bucks, making it even more VFM. I don't know if they will agree to collecting it in person though, most likely they won't.

sdp, MRP(INR 7990/-) is inclusive of handling and shipping charges right. I am planning to order the same. please let me know your ownership experience.
Old 4th May 2010, 22:44   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a total novice at all tech-related stuff but I can see the mapping for Delhi NCR is pretty good. It's not their fault that traffic signals and routes are being changed at an idiotic pace nowadays out here.

What I have noticed is that it is better to choose the option of "Optimal" instead of "Shortest" or even "Fastest" when deciding route options. I haven't been able to figure out how to set the speed for overspeeding warning. I have extracted the .kml files and placed them on Google Earth and they're quite correct.

The advantage of the Lucca over the Road Pilot is better reception and faster refresh rate, so I am not complaining I got a higher model for the price of a lower one.
Old 5th May 2010, 10:41   #821
evo
BHPian

Quote:

Shipping is pretty fast I must say.
Aha, shows that Kolkata delivery is much slower. How is it sdp1975, did you stay up late into the night fiddling with it?
Old 5th May 2010, 12:33   #822
Senior - BHPian

MCR, 7990/- includes VAT and shipping cost - it's inclusive of everything. You need to place an order against the roadpilot, and they will ship you the lucca at the same price since the roadpilot is out of stock as of now.

Send a mail to MMI with your contact no, they will call you back , get all your questions clarified before placing the order.Make sure that you are getting the Lucca at the price of the roadpilot before you place the order.

I got the unit charged overnight and used it to office today morning . One thing I noticed is that the turns ( left/right) are announced at the right time - just when needed. The touchscreen however is not too sensitive - I needed to press sometimes twice to get it working. The display is good, voice assist is loud and clear.

I'll post a detailed review within a few days, but so far it looks good. I'm still trying to get used to the software and going thru the manual.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 5th May 2010 at 12:34.
Old 5th May 2010, 15:21   #823
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
MCR, 7990/- includes VAT and shipping cost - it's inclusive of everything. You need to place an order against the roadpilot, and they will ship you the lucca at the same price since the roadpilot is out of stock as of now.

Send a mail to MMI with your contact no, they will call you back , get all your questions clarified before placing the order.Make sure that you are getting the Lucca at the price of the roadpilot before you place the order.

I got the unit charged overnight and used it to office today morning . One thing I noticed is that the turns ( left/right) are announced at the right time - just when needed. The touchscreen however is not too sensitive - I needed to press sometimes twice to get it working. The display is good, voice assist is loud and clear.

I'll post a detailed review within a few days, but so far it looks good. I'm still trying to get used to the software and going thru the manual.
Thanks sdp1975. Just ordered. I am also getting the Lucca for INR 7990/-. I think its super value for money. The customer care of MMI was very helpful during the order process. Hope to receive the navigator by friday. I will quote my experiences once I start using the product.
Old 5th May 2010, 17:21   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@Cool_dube. Go ahead with Garmin from US/ UK/ EU. It's VFM. See whether 260 is a live model now.
Not sure what that means. Can you please elaborate?
Old 5th May 2010, 17:24   #825

I too just ordered the MMI RoadPilot and have been told that I will be delivered the lucca.

Lets wait and watch

Regards,
Atul.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks