Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 16:02   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
To get the SatNav maps for Garmin 265WT do I need the serial number or can I order the Sd/microSD straight away? My Garmin will only come next month.
There are pros/cons to both. Listing a few:
Pros:
You will get the promotional rate of Rs 990 which Customer Support told me would be there till end May 2010

Cons:
If you order in June, you may not get the promotional rate. Also if you order now and god forbid something is wrong with your card, you will not be able to test the same. The exchange policy is for 15 days only and you may not get a chance to get a replacement card in June 2010.

Regarding ordering, you can order the maps in a MicroSD card ( no model number required) and also ask for the SD adaptor so that you can use it on multiple devices if required. And BTW they are now suppling (got this confirmed from Customer Service yesterday) an updated new map covering 725 cities with 20L POI.

Pls note, I am not promoting Satnav, just that I had emailed them yesterday before ordering the maps for my Garmin 285WT which I should have in my hands by the weekend.

Last edited by f1fan : 7th May 2010 at 16:05.
Old 7th May 2010, 16:26   #842
BANNED

@f1fan: Thanks for the information. I may order the map sometime towards the end of the month. I expect my unit around 27th of June. In the worst case I can later on order as an update! (The price is sure to come soon).
Old 7th May 2010, 17:22   #843
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
First signs of MMI botching up. They claim that my device has reached Kolkata while SpeedPost claims that its still in Delhi. So its supposedly lost in transit or something. MMI customer service keeps repeating that it has reached and they can do nothing else.
Don't think that's MMI botching up. Guess it's Speedpost botching up. Keep tracking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
There are pros/cons to both. Listing a few:
Pros:
You will get the promotional rate of Rs 990 which Customer Support told me would be there till end May 2010

Cons:
If you order in June, you may not get the promotional rate. Also if you order now and god forbid something is wrong with your card, you will not be able to test the same. The exchange policy is for 15 days only and you may not get a chance to get a replacement card in June 2010.

Regarding ordering, you can order the maps in a MicroSD card ( no model number required) and also ask for the SD adaptor so that you can use it on multiple devices if required. And BTW they are now suppling (got this confirmed from Customer Service yesterday) an updated new map covering 725 cities with 20L POI.

Pls note, I am not promoting Satnav, just that I had emailed them yesterday before ordering the maps for my Garmin 285WT which I should have in my hands by the weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@f1fan: Thanks for the information. I may order the map sometime towards the end of the month. I expect my unit around 27th of June. In the worst case I can later on order as an update! (The price is sure to come soon).
Go for it sgiitk sir. Make hay while the sun shines. There must be someone near you with a garmin on who's device you can check your map. If it works there, it should work on yours as well!
Old 8th May 2010, 07:24   #844
Senior - BHPian

Ordered SatNav for 990. The Garmin 205W has finished the travel and is sitting with a friend (<4800). I must say GPS system prices have come down drastically - 5900 for a full fledged GPS+maps - who would have thought!

I must say i am very impressed with SatNav support - the overnight shipping was really overnight. I made a transaction at 6 PM on Thu and i got the delivery around noon on Fri.
Old 8th May 2010, 08:55   #845
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Ordered SatNav for 990. The Garmin 205W has finished the travel and is sitting with a friend (<4800). I must say GPS system prices have come down drastically - 5900 for a full fledged GPS+maps - who would have thought!

I must say i am very impressed with SatNav support - the overnight shipping was really overnight. I made a transaction at 6 PM on Thu and i got the delivery around noon on Fri.
I have the same. I paid about 110$ for 205W. Since its last year's product, prices have come down even further, this increasing VFM even further.
Old 8th May 2010, 12:57   #846
evo
BHPian

Ouch. Received the Unit just now. Opened it with an air of expectation. Plugged in the charger. Saw Broken Screen. Alas !

Speedpost botching or MMI botching up I dont know.

Called MMI customer care. Seems that they are "busy" and will call back later.

Unconnected, but read some stuff on the box. Manufactured August 2008 and imported October 2008. They have been paying interest on the inventory since 2008 !
Attached Thumbnails
The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-img00064201005081242.jpg  

The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-img00066201005081249.jpg  

The GPS/Maps Discussion Thread (Dedicated Satnav, Smartphones, Tablets, etc)-img00065201005081247.jpg  

Old 8th May 2010, 13:11   #847
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch. Received the Unit just now. Opened it with an air of expectation. Plugged in the charger. Saw Broken Screen. Alas !

Speedpost botching or MMI botching up I dont know.

Called MMI customer care. Seems that they are "busy" and will call back later.

Unconnected, but read some stuff on the box. Manufactured August 2008 and imported October 2008. They have been paying interest on the inventory since 2008 !
Ouch...That's bad. Looks like someone played football with your box
I hope MMI gives you a new piece in return and not fix this one.
Old 8th May 2010, 14:34   #848
evo
BHPian

So MMI Customer Service called back and said that the manager would like my mobile number to speak to me. I informed him that my landline was an equally relevant method of contacting me. He grumbled about the managers time being important. I told him that I was hardly bothered about that fact. Hung up.

Got a call again. Someone said "transfer kar rahi hoon". 20 seconds of "Your call is important to us" . Gruff voice picks up. "Hullo, ha bolo". I explain my predicament. He says "oh, aapne speedpost wale ko bola?". I say that the "speed post wala" had left before I opened the packet.

He asked me to courier it back to MMI and supposedly they`ll send a fresh piece. I asked him if Blue Dart was ok. He said yes. Then I informed him that ofcourse he`d pay the courier charges. He said "tab aap pafex se bhej do" !

So now someone is trying to locate "pafex" and we`ll send it.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:13   #849
Senior - BHPian

Sorry to hear about that evo.

Quote:
I checked my box and it's also Aug 2008 manufactured and imported Oct 2008.

Looks like MMI is trying to clear old stock.
Old 8th May 2010, 21:52   #850
MCR
BHPian

My parents received the MMI navigator packet today evening. I immediately asked them to open the package and have a look at the state of contents. They informed me everything was packed well and in order.
@evo, Just ask MMI to send a fresh piece, and without damaging the contents inside.
Old 9th May 2010, 12:10   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post

So is mine, and yes, they're clearing old stock, but is it a problem?
Old 9th May 2010, 19:56   #852
evo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Sorry to hear about that evo.

Yup, they sure are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
So is mine, and yes, they're clearing old stock, but is it a problem?
But I`d still have a bigger (if older) Lucca than a newer device with a smaller screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
My parents received the MMI navigator packet today evening. I immediately asked them to open the package and have a look at the state of contents. They informed me everything was packed well and in order.
@evo, Just ask MMI to send a fresh piece, and without damaging the contents inside.
Told em, also sent them back the damaged piece.
Old 9th May 2010, 20:32   #853
Senior - BHPian

Nopes, clearing old stock should not be a problem - but probably they should've been upfront and informed those buying about it.
Old 10th May 2010, 18:53   #854

MMI Blaupunkt Travel Pilot Lucca 3.5 delivered

The Travel Pilot Lucca 3.5 was delivered in Saturday to me as promised.

The device is quite impressive and surely a great buy for Rs. 7990/- (at the price of MMI RoadPilot )

Spent the weekend checking out all the features of the navigator and testing it . The navigation was quite accurate except for the places where new one-ways were introduced. It is quite easy to use once you get used to the user interface.

Planning a long drive sometime later in this month so will get to test it on the highways.

I was expecting something manufactured in 2008 as that was when this Travel Pilot model was released ( and later discontinued )and MMI was surely having a hard time selling it at the real price.

But I still feel we have got a good deal as I was really ready to use a 3.5" Roadpilot of some Chinese make as now I have a 4.3" Blaupunkt device for the same price. I am not complaining.

This is my opinion.

Another thing I would like to mention:

When the courier was delivered I was asked to shell out for octroi of Rs: 495/-.

On contacting MMI and telling then that this was not mentioned as an expense to be borne by the customer, I was assured that they would refund this amount if I courier them the octroi charges receipt. I have yet to do that.

Did any of you have to pay for the octroi?

Guys do post your experiences.

-Atul
Old 10th May 2010, 23:16   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atulmuley View Post
The Travel Pilot Lucca 3.5 was delivered in Saturday to me as promised.
Thanks for the feedback Atul. How accurate is the positioning of the device? Also, given that it is an old model, how good is the refresh rate?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks