Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 16:53   #901
Senior - BHPian

MMI RoadPilot is back and Lucca is expensive again

Guys,

FYI - got a call from MMI to inform that Road Pilot is back in stock. Some of you might know that it had run out of stock as of last month and MMI was selling BP TravelPilot Lucca instead at the same rate, viz. INR 7,990. So the Lucca is back to its original MRP now - INR 13K I guess.
Old 15th May 2010, 21:35   #902
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just spoke to the Satguide official. He confirmed that 725 cities are covered.
But what I am unable to get, what all upgrades happen to each release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Latest map upgrade by Satnav is as of 28/April/2010.

I had ordered maps for my Garmin device on 28/Apr and i received maps dated 19/Jan. I called the customer service today to check my map version and found its not the latest.

Later today, they send me a link which is the latest (updated as of 28/April/2010) for PNDs other than the ones sold by Satnav (garmin, mobile phones etc).
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Thanks bnzjon! Even I ordered maps for Garmin on the 26th April. After reading your post, I called up Satguide and they promptly mailed me a link to download latest maps. Downloaded and put on the device and Yippee! I have the latest maps now. Five stars to the Satguide customer care.
I mailed satguide guys yesterday stating that I bought the map 2 months back and now I see that they cover 725 cities. I asked them how I can get an upgrade. They sent me the link for downloading the latest version of the maps which I'm currently downloading. Satnav rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
Wrong mate!! This map covers only 628 cities which was updated on 28th april

i have checked out the map breakup log
geeash, How does one check the map breakup log? I want to check whether the latest download I'm doing now indeed covers only 628 or 725.
Old 16th May 2010, 09:17   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How does one check the map breakup log? I want to check whether the latest download I'm doing now indeed covers only 628 or 725.
I use a software called GMap Tool. I break up the maps into specific regions and check. I also look at the log file for number of poi's and everything

The satguide gives map of 725 cities for their own navigators and for other PND it is only 628.

Of someone has a satguide's own PND with their map kindly upload the gmapsupp.img so that i can unlock it for you other guys and give
Old 16th May 2010, 09:44   #904
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I use a software called GMap Tool. I break up the maps into specific regions and check. I also look at the log file for number of poi's and everything

The satguide gives map of 725 cities for their own navigators and for other PND it is only 628.

Of someone has a satguide's own PND with their map kindly upload the gmapsupp.img so that i can unlock it for you other guys and give
I think its not like that. I called them up day before yesterday and they confirmed that even for the non-Satguide hardware they provide the latest maps. 628 was the previous version. They have added 97 towns to this version. have the list of these towns as well. Most updates in central and north India. Not much on South Indian states.
Old 16th May 2010, 10:57   #905
Senior - BHPian

But the present map which was updated has only 628 cities (update 28 april). you can have a look at the log file which i have posted. anyways let me again check it out.

Last edited by geeash : 16th May 2010 at 11:00.
Old 16th May 2010, 11:11   #906
BANNED

Quote:
Wrong mate!! This map covers only 628 cities which was updated on 28th april

i have checked out the map breakup log
I have one which shows like this

Quote:
Data MPS
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C800, (2 0), Grid 1 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C801, (3 0), Grid 2 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C802, (4 0), Grid 3 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C803, (5 0), Grid 4 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C804, (6 0), Grid 5_1 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C805, (7 0), Grid 6 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C806, (8 0), Grid 7 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C807, (9 0), Grid 8 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C808, (10 0), Grid 9_1 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C809, (11 0), Grid 10 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C80A, (12 0), Grid 11_1 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C80B, (13 0), Grid 5_2 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C80C, (14 0), Grid 11_2 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C80D, (15 0), Grid 5_3 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
L: PID 1, FID 1709, map 95C80E, (16 0), Grid 9_2 >INDIA_STREET_MAP
P: PID 1, FID 1709, (0 1 0)
V: 3066-28April10-OneIndia (0)
U: 9QZ5P-M7QJA-2J6TW-7FQV3-F4Q88
F: PID 1, FID 1709, INDIA_STREET_MAP

End.
The image size is 134,012 KB

Last edited by wildon : 16th May 2010 at 11:13. Reason: Image size added
Old 16th May 2010, 11:20   #907
Senior - BHPian

Yeah the latest is by MMI which is 181 MB

The 132 MB is the ild 404 cities MMI one
Old 16th May 2010, 13:54   #908
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think its not like that. I called them up day before yesterday and they confirmed that even for the non-Satguide hardware they provide the latest maps. 628 was the previous version. They have added 97 towns to this version. have the list of these towns as well. Most updates in central and north India. Not much on South Indian states.
I notice that there's a 9 mb difference between my old img (628 cities) and current one I downloaded. So, I'm tempted to think that they do cover 725 cities now. I'm yet to replace the old one in my garmin with the new one. Will do it later in the evening.

Quote:

I have gmap tool in my netbook. I've not tried breaking the maps in to regions. I shall try play around with the same in the evening. Anyway, it doesn't matter whether it's 725 or 628. I wouldn't be going through each and every city. I use my garmin mostly for analysing my trip logs!
Old 16th May 2010, 19:41   #909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
I notice that there's a 9 mb difference between my old img (628 cities) and current one I downloaded. So, I'm tempted to think that they do cover 725 cities now. I'm yet to replace the old one in my garmin with the new one. Will do it later in the evening.
I noticed something similar when I upgraded my from 400 to 600 cities.
Old 16th May 2010, 23:28   #910
BHPian

Am not able to copy the Satnav map( *.img file) in my Garmin device. Currently i use the SD card inserted into 205w garmin device.

How do you copy the same ? Looks like the device has to be unlocked !
(pardon my ignorance)
Old 17th May 2010, 02:12   #911
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Your garmin device would have come with it's own maps (if you'd bought it in US, it would be already having US maps).
So the garmin device would be full. Connect it to the computer and check properties to see the available free memory. Also you can remove the read-only option there on properties.
You need not copy the img file to the garmin device. Just use it the same way you are using now (through SD card).
Register your device on Garmin website. You will get an unlock code for existing maps there. Further, you can download free updates when they come for existing maps.
If you want to copy the img file from sd card to garmin, then place it in the same place where the other img file is and also remember to copy the unlock code from unl fine in sd card over to the other unl file in garmin. If one doesn't exist, then copy the unlock file as well to garmin.
Before doing anything, back up the garmin contents completely on to your computer.
Old 17th May 2010, 09:03   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am not able to copy the Satnav map( *.img file) in my Garmin device. Currently i use the SD card inserted into 205w garmin device.

How do you copy the same ? Looks like the device has to be unlocked !
Why what is wrong? It is the same as copying anyother file to SD card. What error is it giving you?

SW.UNL file and GMAPSUPP.UNL i hope these 2 files are still there. These are the files that are the unlockers for your map and device. they dont get erased just by replacing maps. they get erased only when you format the card.

Hope your memory card is not write protected

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th May 2010 at 17:11. Reason: fixed quotes
Old 17th May 2010, 09:28   #913
Team-BHP Support

For Satguide provided maps, you need not anything thing to unlock. It should just work you plonk in the Satguide provided SD card. If your Garmin was pre-loaded with US maps (If you bought it in US) there would be space issues.

The SD card that you loaded, was it Satguide provided? If not you need to use that. If yes, then it can be a US map usage issue, with the Hardware not allowing you to use Satguide map that you inserted.
Old 17th May 2010, 11:50   #914
MCR
BHPian

Initial Ownership experience - Tavelpilot Lucca 3.5

Ok, it time now to write the initial ownership experience of the Travelpilot Lucca 3.5.

I bought this deveice from MMI at an offer price of INR7990/-.

Buying Experince : This was pretty good. Just called the hotline and the courteous sales staff of MMI mailed me the order form. There was a link on the order form and I just needed to click it to make a payment. The payment was jiffy and so was the confirmation of the same. Received an order confirmation in flat 30 seconds.

Shipment acceptance experience : The post fellow had given the package to our neighbour. Though this is ok, I woul have preferred to receive a call about the delivery of the product.

First switch-on : The device did not switch on after pressing the "blau" button. I was too much in a hurry. The instruction clearly mentions that the unit is shipped without charge. The unit switched on as soon as I connected it to mains. The initial charging period is 3 hours.

Accessories : Vaccuum pad + adjustment holder. This is better than the ball joint versions available with garmin. the length of the car charger is small but usable.

Navigation : Spot on everytime. The streets are named correctly and the turn indications + warnings are spot on. Have used it for navigating 100 kms in city and everytime the indications were spot on.6 satellites support the navigation.

UI + ease of use : Not as good as Garmin. In Garmin its easy to set the target address. But here you have to fiddle with the device a bit more.

Thoroughly enjoying the navigation experience. My parents are enjoying every moment of it.
Old 17th May 2010, 17:16   #915

has anyone tried using opens source map data from the openstreetmap project? For garmin devices, dowloadable map extracts are available here
Worldwide routable Garmin maps from OpenStreetMap
The osm data is user contributed, so may not be comprehensive, but theres some very good coverage for southern india, and good city data for bangalore and chennai where all new flyovers and oneways are already in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks